Rate Dr. Rosie Augustin-Wheeler

Dr. Rosie Augustin-Wheeler's Ratings

Thanks to this office I'm stuck with a Huge bill from the lab Thanks to them not using correct diagnostic codes

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2733145].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 24, 2015

Dr. Rosie Augustin-Wheeler provides excellent care to my children. Care that is out of this world. She takes her time to examine my children. She talks to me. She treat me and my children like we matter. She takes her time to explain and educate me on what's going on with my children. I've never receive care like this before. Usually doctors are in and out, and if you have another question, then you need to schedule another appointment. Dr. Wheeler provides care that comes from the heavens. This Woman really cares about people. I feel that every human being deserves care like the one that Dr. Wheeler provides.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2728257].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 19, 2015

Last July, I was feeling terrible and had called Dr. Wheeler's office. The MA communicated my concerns to Dr. Wheeler while I was on-hold. They asked me to come in. When I arrived, I waited about 5 minutes and then was taken to the exam room where Dr. Rosie was waiting. She examined me, took a urine sample and saw that I was jaundice and had a red rash on my torso. Dr. Wheeler insisted that I go to the emergency room. I stayed in the hospital for 4 days with extremely high liver enzymes, bilirubin level at 9+ and the rash spread over my entire body. My platelet count dropped to 81 (130 is normal). After a liver biopsy, I was diagnosed with Autoimmune Hepatitis with fibrosis of the liver staged at 3+. (Pretty serious stuff!)
It's because of Dr. Wheeler's caring thoroughness, her medical knowledge and her conscientiousness that I went to that hospital that day. I could have stayed home and then what would have happened??....

I had been going to Dr. Wheeler's for the 3 years prior to this episode, I have had the most caring and professional treatment from Dr. Rosie Augustin-Wheeler. Because of some prior conditions, Dr. Wheeler has connected me with other specialists and has worked with each doctor to provide excellent care. Dr. Wheeler knows what she is doing and she truly cares about her patient's health and well-being. Her staff has always been caring, empathetic and respectful. I've never waited more than 15 minutes in the waiting room.

After working in senior healthcare for most of my career, my expectation for standard of care from another professional is pretty high. So, when I recommend someone, it's because I am confident in the quality of care that will be given. I am happy to recommend Dr. Rosie Augustin-Wheeler especially if you want love and faith mixed in with great medical proficiency....a rare and wonderful combination!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2702329].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 29, 2015

I can honestly say that the care given by Dr Augustine Wheeler is the best. My whole family including my two small children have been patients of Dr. Augustine Wheelers' for over three years now. She treats her patients with such love annrespect that you feel like you are family.
She is very thorough, making sure that she has all info before a diagnosis.
I have never had a problem waiting or getting an appointment. Most of the time she fits you in that day.
Her staff are very professional and polite. I have not had any problems with any aspect of her clinic. I would rather opt to see Dr. Augustine Wheeler than take my chances at an urgent care, cause I know she will get to the root of the problem.
I am so happy to have met somebody who really loves to help people. I love her.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2700972].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 28, 2015

My Family and I have been going to Dr Augustin-Wheeler for just over a year now. I prior to establishing care with Dr Augustine-Wheeler, I had the same Family Physician for 5 years and had to leave when they changed from Family Practice to a Corporate Sponsored Clinic didn't see the Dr anymore just a Physician's Assistant, so I left. I did a very detailed and comprehensive search. I wanted a Family oriented Clinic and I found that and more with Dr Augustin-Wheeler's Family practice. It is a personal, Family oriented, patient first, type of Clinic. I Love the entire staff and they always accommodate my Family and I. I never have to make an appointment, they slide me in and tell me upfront that I could probably expect a wait. When I arrive I am greeted professionally and courteously by Nayeli who coordinates and accommodates my visit and she is the one who writes the Dr's notes if my Son misses school due to illness or appointment. After I check in the Nurse Jennifer takes my vitals and we chit chat and catch up a bit and we get in a good laugh. Then when it is my turn to be seen by Dr Augustin-Wheeler, I am alway greeted with a deep hug and "How is the wife and your Son?" "How are you doing? It is so good to see you". Yes she knows who I am and what ails me, she is my Doctor. She kept on me to get labs done so I finally did them June of 2014 and on Jun 30, 2014 she diagnosed me with type II diabetes even though I had this disease for a couple years without diagnosis from my previous physician. My A1C level was 13.1!!!!! I felt a mess for the past couple years but I didn't know why. She counseled me on diet and nutrition for what seemed like forever but she is my Doctor and her patients come first. I took labs again Dec 2014 and my A1C dropped to 6.5 in 5 months!!!! My triglycerides went from 218 to 99! I was on testosterone therapy for 5 years with my former Physician but no change. She immediately sent me to a urologist (Dr Bischoff BTW who is like one of the most awesome Dr's you will ever meet) and I learned how to take my testosterone correctly and now my level has reached in the upper 800s! My quality of life has improved dramatically and I owe that to Dr Augustine-Wheeler. 1 year ago I felt like I had 1 foot in the grave now I feel like a whole Man again. My Family and I are so grateful to Dr Augustine-Wheeler and her staff. Please don't fall under a Corporate sponsor, please don't change a thing!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2680859].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 12, 2015

staff is very rude, they are unable to answer simple questions Dr. was helpful

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2662709].votes_count ]]

Submitted Dec. 24, 2014

Dr. Augustin-Wheeler is just Amazing. I have been going to her office since the begging of this year and oh my I am just so glad I found her!! Dr. Augustin-Wheeler is very loving, caring and professional. Her staff is very outstanding, front desk is usually rude at other offices, but here she has just an amazing front staff professional and sweet very Helpful , her clinical assistant is very sweet and is very caring. I am staying with them for as long as possible.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2517987].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 29, 2014

I have been under Dr. Augustin-Wheeler's care since she was at Fort Hood. I transferred my family's medical care when she opened an office in Cedar Park in 2010. She has been a great source of knowledge and comfort to my family. She stood by me when I was diagnosed with breast cancer. My husband was diagnosed with prostate cancer last year. She was by our side again. Always patient,compassionate and a great listener. Thank you for going above and beyond the call of duty.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2509826].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 22, 2014

have a life-threatening illness that few doctors understand well. It affects 1 in 100,000 people. And, despite having been a nurse 14 years (6 in the largest Research Hospital in the world) and despite countless trips to the ER, it took 35 years to correctly diagnose me. In the 13 years since then, no doctor has understood my illness, my needs, or me, more than Dr Wheeler. Every time I see Dr wheeler I feel as though I am a member of her family. And since I believe love and knowledge go together, it is no surprise to me that I have been able to live without serious life-threatening crises in the 3 years since Dr Wheeler began treating me. I had 2 such crises in the 3 years prior to Dr. Wheeler. More than all this, my 11 year-old daughter feels Dr. Wheeler's love, sees her.expert knowledge also, and tells me , despite now having moved an hour's drive away, "Daddy, we can never change doctors!".

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2296026].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 23, 2014

I had my very first appointment with Dr. Wheeler today. She is absolutely OUTSTANDING! Her bedside manner is one of a kind. She took the time to thoroughly explain things and make me feel comfortable. Amazing doctor,beautiful woman, and absolutely sweetheart.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2296025].votes_count ]]