Rate Dr. Bruce C. Welch

Dr. Bruce C. Welch's Ratings

I have been seeing Dr. Welch for about a year now. Although he is very good there are some glaring problems that are causing me to find a new doctor. He is argumentative. If he presents a theory on my behavior and I inform him he is wrong he is pretty adamant that I don't know myself or my history as well as he does. Second, and this is huge, Diana, the lady who runs his office (whatever you do don't call her a receptionist), is the worst. I had just started a new job and knew I had an appointment coming up so called to find out when it was. I left a message for her to call me back and let me know when my appointment is and even explained that I had started a new job and it may be a problem for me to keep the appointment. I also asked if she could have the doctor call me in my antidepressant that I've been on do over 3 years now. She not only didnt return my call but then proceeded to yell at me when I missed my appointment. Then, when I called to try to get the doctor to call me in my prescription she told me that she wouldn't give him ny message and that I needed to make an appointment. I asked to speak to the doctor myself and she informed me that I could speak to him in my appointment. Suggestion: call his number after hours and get through to his personal phone. He may be a good doctor but he's not the only one.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2548121].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 23, 2014

Dr. Welch is absolutely wonderful......I am continuing to search for another psychiatrist, as the woman who runs his office is extremely rude and intolerant. She does not return my phone calls. She is very unfriendly to me if I should call, although, in person, she is very different. I have mentioned this to Dr. Welch twice. He is very loyal to her, which is one of the qualities I truly admire about him. I would love to continue to see him. He is knowledgeable, kind, very amusing and helpful. He's a great Doctor. But she is a true detriment to his practice.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2296133].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 13, 2014

Excellent Dr. Very knowledgeable and helpful. Does not rely on med therapy alone, does detailed cognitive behaviour therapy. Highly recommend

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][297937].votes_count ]]