Rate Dr. Thomas Corkum

Dr. Thomas Corkum's Ratings

Great Doctor have been going to him since I was 20, 38 years with the same Doctor, why because he is great.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2653487].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 15, 2014

I have been going to Dr Thomas Corkum for 14 years and I have to say he is one of the best Doctor's in Halifax. He is extremely knowledgable and informative whenever any concerns are brought forward to him. I thank you Dr Corkum for being who you are!!!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2632247].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 25, 2014

Women we are so lucky to have Dr. Corkum he saved my baby's life and my mothers. He will save your life because he does such a thural examination. I rather that if you want a proper check ups I guess you got to over come your fears.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2578555].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 15, 2014

I was 15 when I saw him and never went back, made me feel disgusting. Insisted I needed a rectal exam & that if I didnt do it now in the office Id have to go all the way to the er and get scans done on my ovaries which I find completely bogus...And after reading all of these reviews saying they had surprise rectal exams or left feeling violated or were insulted I think he should have his medical liscence revoked or at least put into review! This isnt just women he's violating its adolescent young women coming into their womanhood. No ither gyn ive been to as a teenager or adult have made me feel uncomfortable with a bunch of innapropriate touching and comments. Whatever hes doing isnt part of his job and has more to do with some strange perversion. I cant believe people like this are allowed to continue their practices.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2015190].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 18, 2014

Dr> Corkcum is one of the best that I have ever been associated with. As a female I feel quite a bit of apprehension when is related to gynological issues. He make me feel very comfortable and go about the procedures with ease. It will be a sad day for women in Nova Scotia when he retires.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2015186].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 8, 2013

Oh what can I say except I would NEVER go back to this Dr , I felt like I wanted to go home and boil myself in javex . I have had 6 children so not much on me is a secret when it comes to delivery but this man made me feel very violated

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2015189].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 3, 2013

I don't know what to say about Dr Corkhum. He is a little different for sure-having my bra fastened back on is NOT necessary, since I have been doing it myself for that many years- but he is knowledgeable and very informed. He is very dry and blunt and getting a rectal exam without a warning almost got him kicked in the face! I think he has seen it all and I felt like another warm body to examine as he's got his routine down to a T...Would I go again? No! Would I recommend him? yes, if you are 65 and up. He knows his stuff but everything else creeped me out enough to never set foot again in his clinic...He does have a sense of humour however, telling me that his office smelled like a fish market... !!!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2015188].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 29, 2013

Saw Dr. Corkum through a referral from Dr. Gilmour. He was very professional and all the comments about how he watches as you exit from the bathroom I don't understand. The office is very well laid out for privacy. He made me feel at ease. I initially went to see him for an exam but ended up getting a cervical biopsy which he didn't warm me he was going to do which could be a good thing or a bad thing depending on wether you like to know every detail about what's going on. I appreciated that he didn't warm me because it turned out to be a very painful procedure. Dr. Corkum made me feel at ease and would recommend him based on my experience. Those who are complaining about how he comments on your weight, I assume he's only doing that for your benefit. It's common knowledge that weight impacts fertility so don't be upset.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2015185].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 2, 2013

I have been a patient of Dr. Corkum's for the past 6 years. I am comfortable being in his care. He has always eased my mind, has never been inappropriate verbally or physically and has always provided a professional attitude to me. I will be very sad when he retires because then I have to go through training a new gynecologist. If it weren't for Dr. Corkum I wouldn't have been treated for the original issue that sent me to him and I am thankful that. He was and is always there for me. My GP retired without notice and I had a very hard time finding another GP. Something occured that worried me and I called the office and Dr. Corkum saw me immediately. I am very happy to be a patient of Dr. Corkum and will continue until he no longer practices.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2015184].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 19, 2012

This doctor may be knowledgeable but he has terrible bedside manners. I have seen him four times and each time I leave feeling violated and ashamed. He touches inappropriately but not informing you of what he is doing. After getting on the table he grabbed my wrists and yanked me towards him with his face down between my legs. He gave me a rectal exam without any warning. I had gained some weight 2 years ago and he asked if I'd been working as a potato chip taster. I'm now pregnant and very happily seeing someone else! What a creep.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2015187].votes_count ]]