Rate Dr. Thomas Corkum

Dr. Thomas Corkum's Ratings

I was 15 when I saw him and never went back, made me feel disgusting. Insisted I needed a rectal exam & that if I didnt do it now in the office Id have to go all the way to the er and get scans done on my ovaries which I find completely bogus...And after reading all of these reviews saying they had surprise rectal exams or left feeling violated or were insulted I think he should have his medical liscence revoked or at least put into review! This isnt just women he's violating its adolescent young women coming into their womanhood. No ither gyn ive been to as a teenager or adult have made me feel uncomfortable with a bunch of innapropriate touching and comments. Whatever hes doing isnt part of his job and has more to do with some strange perversion. I cant believe people like this are allowed to continue their practices.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2015190].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 18, 2014

Dr> Corkcum is one of the best that I have ever been associated with. As a female I feel quite a bit of apprehension when is related to gynological issues. He make me feel very comfortable and go about the procedures with ease. It will be a sad day for women in Nova Scotia when he retires.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2015186].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 8, 2013

Oh what can I say except I would NEVER go back to this Dr , I felt like I wanted to go home and boil myself in javex . I have had 6 children so not much on me is a secret when it comes to delivery but this man made me feel very violated

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2015189].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 3, 2013

I don't know what to say about Dr Corkhum. He is a little different for sure-having my bra fastened back on is NOT necessary, since I have been doing it myself for that many years- but he is knowledgeable and very informed. He is very dry and blunt and getting a rectal exam without a warning almost got him kicked in the face! I think he has seen it all and I felt like another warm body to examine as he's got his routine down to a T...Would I go again? No! Would I recommend him? yes, if you are 65 and up. He knows his stuff but everything else creeped me out enough to never set foot again in his clinic...He does have a sense of humour however, telling me that his office smelled like a fish market... !!!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2015188].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 29, 2013

Saw Dr. Corkum through a referral from Dr. Gilmour. He was very professional and all the comments about how he watches as you exit from the bathroom I don't understand. The office is very well laid out for privacy. He made me feel at ease. I initially went to see him for an exam but ended up getting a cervical biopsy which he didn't warm me he was going to do which could be a good thing or a bad thing depending on wether you like to know every detail about what's going on. I appreciated that he didn't warm me because it turned out to be a very painful procedure. Dr. Corkum made me feel at ease and would recommend him based on my experience. Those who are complaining about how he comments on your weight, I assume he's only doing that for your benefit. It's common knowledge that weight impacts fertility so don't be upset.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2015185].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 2, 2013

I have been a patient of Dr. Corkum's for the past 6 years. I am comfortable being in his care. He has always eased my mind, has never been inappropriate verbally or physically and has always provided a professional attitude to me. I will be very sad when he retires because then I have to go through training a new gynecologist. If it weren't for Dr. Corkum I wouldn't have been treated for the original issue that sent me to him and I am thankful that. He was and is always there for me. My GP retired without notice and I had a very hard time finding another GP. Something occured that worried me and I called the office and Dr. Corkum saw me immediately. I am very happy to be a patient of Dr. Corkum and will continue until he no longer practices.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2015184].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 19, 2012

This doctor may be knowledgeable but he has terrible bedside manners. I have seen him four times and each time I leave feeling violated and ashamed. He touches inappropriately but not informing you of what he is doing. After getting on the table he grabbed my wrists and yanked me towards him with his face down between my legs. He gave me a rectal exam without any warning. I had gained some weight 2 years ago and he asked if I'd been working as a potato chip taster. I'm now pregnant and very happily seeing someone else! What a creep.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2015187].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 18, 2011

While I was in having my baby, Dr. Corkum was the Doctor on call at the Hospital at the time. I must say it was a near death situation. He was there to deliver my baby, with the nurse, I some how got a severe infection and I was on an interveinous and I had 5 different antibiotics going through me at the same time. The Nurses told my Mom and my ex-husband at the time, "They didn't think I would make it through the night because I was so grey at the time" But I made it through!!!! And never looked back.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2015183].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 3, 2011

Dr. Corkum is a wonderful man and Doctor. I have been going to him for many many years. I wouldn't consider going to anyone else. I hope he never retires. lol

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2015182].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 14, 2011

I've been a patient of Dr. Corkum's for approx 10 years, during which time I had an issue which required him tanking a biopsy from my uterus wall.I can honestly say, although it was a painful experience (due to the fact the site couldn't be frozen) he was extremely paitent with me, and kept asking if I was okay. At one point I asked if he could just stop for a minute, while I caught my breath, and he did! He was genuinly concerned about my discomfort. There was also another time I had an annual pap test done, and BECAUSE he does a urine sample too, he discovered I had sugar in my urine, and he sent me for blood work the very next day. It turned out I was, and still am, diabetic. Had it not been for him, I may not have caught this when I did. Thank you Dr Corkum! All I can say about the people on here who are complaining about him, they obviously had other issues. No matter how you look at it, a pancake has TWO sides! He's a very caring, and thorough doctor. Don't be afraid!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2015181].votes_count ]]