Rate Dr. Gillian Graves

Dr. Gillian Graves's Ratings

Amazing, amazing person. Dr. Graves is everything a doctor should be. She is funny, down to earth, caring, understanding, respectful, supportive, effective and very knowledgable. I have been to a lot of gynos for endometriosis and she is the best ever. She was exactly what i needed at a very crucial time. If you have endo and are looking for a good doctor she is well worth the wait!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2624680].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 19, 2014

Amazing woman. Was recommended to see her when I was 16 and just recently diagnosed with MRKH (Mayer Rockitansky Kuster Hauser) syndrome, in which I was born without a uterus, cervix, and the upper 2/3 of my vagina. She was recommended after my first gynecologist was extremely rude and unprofessional about my diagnosis, stating I was abnormal and bluntly stating that we best look into adoptions as there was no hope for us. After seeing Dr Graves for the first and second and third and fourth times, etc, she reassured us that with current technology it is not only very possible, it is also very likely we will be able to have biological children through in-vitro fertilization and having a gestational surrogate. She explained everything to us and lets my fiance come along to all appointments and helps him understand everything as well. I see her yearly and look forward to discussing further child options when I see her again!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2015233].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 23, 2013

I have seen Dr. Graves 4 times. I am not her typical patient- that is, I am not there to receive help with fertility, I am there to address endometriosis pain. While Dr. Graves does appear to be knowledgeable and an expert in her area, her bedside manners and tendency to interject her own personal (and not professional) opinion, left me with not wanting to see her again [not to mention the 2 hour wait]. As a single young woman who works hard on her career, I felt put down by Dr. Graves for not wanting children right away or making myself fit for a man. I understand that asking a patient to lose 5-7lbs may be difficult, but framing it in a professional and appropriate manner is not hard. She needs to move away from the misogynistic views of what women should want, and accept that some of her patients may not appreciate being told to put their careers away in order to find a man and have children. Be more professional and respect your patients.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2015232].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 9, 2013

A Incredible doctor. I was with her with my first pregnancy and now my second. She is amazing, great bedside manner, and always explains everything in great detail. I was referred to her by my family doctor and I am so happy that I was. I am overweight and was very nervous about being pregnant and gaining weight. She is so understanding and not judgmental at all unlike other doctors I have seen. She makes me feel comfortable and she is a doctor I feel I can really trust. I would recommend her a million times over!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2015231].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 8, 2012

She is a very kind and caring Doctor. It is have to find a good rotor and she is the BEST!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2015230].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 10, 2011

Dr.Graves is an amazing dr,although i was unable to conceive any children,she was there to help me through my pcos.she preformed my hysterectomy and did a great job.i felt almost no pain after waking and now feel better then ever.she is very attentive and definately knows what she is doing.she explained things in ways we could understand and even added a little humor.made me feel completly comfortable.i only wish she could always be the one to preform any surgery i may need.i was surprised she would call me on weekends or after their normal hours to inform me on anything.i still continue to see her for issues with pcos.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2015229].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 9, 2011

Dr. Graves is one of the most professional doctors I have ever encountered. My husband and I were so at ease with her and she definately knows her stuff. I feel very comfortable with her and she makes me feel at ease, both in the OR and her office.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2015228].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 24, 2011

Gillian Graves is brilliant and an amazing doctor. She saw me through major surgery last year, infertility issues and now my first pregnancy. She is excellent at what she does. She always calls me back for even minor things on evenings & weekends--no matter how busy she is. She's always answered my questions, explained things to me and reassured my concerns. She does speak in lay terms, but in her defense when I demonstrated I didn't need that, she dropped it and spoke with me on my level. She can be late for appointments. That's because she's a surgeon and I don't expect an apology for it. She is attentive, compassionate and has a great sense of humour (very dry but funny as hell). I trust her a great deal and rest easy knowing she'll be looking after my pregnancy and doing my c section. My husband likes her and I simply love her.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2015227].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 8, 2010

Well - let me start by saying I have infertility issues (blocked tubes) and have been to see one specialist (RE) and also had 4 procedures performed by my OB to diagnosis my issues / treatment. I have heard good things about Dr. Graves and wanted to get in to see her for a second opinion, as we will be undergoing IVF within the next 2-3 months and I was really hoping to get her opinion / advice before we do this. Staff notified me the wait time is 8 MONTH to 1 YEAR! Absolutely ridiculous, as fertility issues as we know can be TIME SENSITIVE. I was really disappointed upon hearing this and thought it was absolutely outrageous. I'm not at all impressed. I really hope this changes soon so others, including myself, can get in to see a doctor within a reasonable time frame. Any more than a couple of months is absurd.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2015226].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 16, 2009

I have seen Dr Graves for close to 10 years for my endometriosis. I start by saying she is extremely skilled and knowledgeable. I found her very helpful the first few years I had her. The last few years I've found she hasn't been as helpful. She doesn't listen like she used to, and will dismiss me. I don't know if she's at a loss for what to do from here... though I doubt that's so cause she knows her stuff. I know she's doing a lot of teaching now. Perhaps she's spread too thin. O maybe her focus has shifted more to teaching... Also, she is very fertility oriented. It's hard for her to understand that fertility isn't the main concern of all women. For people who are suffering with unbearable pain and have little to no quality of life, you are willing to make compromises, and your priorities can shift. But I appreciate her motives. I will continue to keep her as a dr because she is a good dr to have in your corner. I just hope to make her stop and listen more like she used to.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2015225].votes_count ]]