Rate Dr. Steven Poceta

Dr. Steven Poceta's Ratings

Dr. Poceta is one of the finest doctors in the country. I worked for him in 2005 and I know how much he loves to help his patients. He is an outstanding human being and is the best at treating migraines and sleep apnea.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2599831].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 30, 2014

Poceta initially wante to assert, without any conversation, that my sleep issues were a learned habit. Then he deiced to put me into the sleep study at the hospital. He fought not to use the home sleep apnea test the insurance eco wanted as a precursor claiming now I had narcolepsy. Months later the insurance co. relented and in the first hour they determined I had severe sleep apnea. The CPAP air pump however gave me a severe migraine. Poceta did not review any of the info from the test and billed me a big charge to say I had apnea and should use a CPAP. (Is he not paying any attention?) They sent me home with one I could not use and I am now fight with them about having deceived me as to the arrangement. HE also missed the opportunity to test other physical situations for sleeping during the test. In short his attention to detail is totally lacking and consequently his diagnosis is incredibly flawed. He arrogance is unbounded.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2015835].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 30, 2013

i come from a long line of mds and dvms so I know that most doctors try hard even when they make a mistake...Dr. Poceta cares about his patients. These days too many people feel entitled to perfect care. I believe in Dr Pocetas skill, ethics and intent. that is all i need to know

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2015834].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 26, 2012

From first hand experience I would advise /anyone/ seeking a neurologist to find someone else. When this 'doctor' is confronted and/or questioned about a quite dangerous mistake that he made with regards to a prescription that he wrote and the terrible effects, he will become quite defensive and nasty ... obviously to protect himself from a malpractice lawsuit. Please do not put yourself at risk with this so-called 'doctor'. If it was possible to rate with a "0" I would, but unfortunately it's not.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2015833].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 27, 2012

The finest doctor I have ever had the pleasure to meet... He is very understanding when it comes to patient pain. He is thorough, he checks on his patients, and he happens to know more about my illness than the 40 doctors I have seen prior to him... He is the best..

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2015832].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 7, 2011

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2015836].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 28, 2011

De. Poceta has treated me for over 10 years. He has never been anything but polite, patient and helpful. He always attempts to find out what I need at an appointment and doesn't come with his own agenda. On several occasions he had helped me to locate specialists on problems I was having outside of his specialty. I have a friend whom he treats also and both of us feel fortunate to have a doctor like him.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2015831].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 18, 2010

I am so thrilled to have found Dr. Poceta as my physician after struggling for the past several years with constant sleepiness and body pain. He reevaluated my prior diagnosis and came up with a more correct diagnosis and prescribed more appropriate meds. I can say that I am 100% better since seeing him, feel great, lost 22 lbs, more energy etc. He is also very easy to talk to and an intuitive physician. I feel so fortunate to have excellent doctors like him in S.D. and to have found him.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2015830].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 18, 2010

Poceta is a sneaky incompetent neurologist who cannot be trusted. His 'staff' -- Debbie Stapel is excellent, but Poceta thinks he's God's gift to neurology but he is quite incompetent and simply prescribes drugs that he has no knowledge of the side effects of and how they can destroy someone's life. Stay far, far way from this quack.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2015829].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 10, 2010

I was referred to Poceta. It was understood by his staff that I was in an uncomfortable state that occurs prior to a seizure, and had taken an additional anticonvulsant shortly before seeing him which makes me a bit hazy (and seem quirky, honestly). The appointment was awkward, as it was obvious Poceta was not taking the current situation into consideration when assessing my condition. Months later, I had to get copies of my medical records for an appointment with a neurologist who specializes in my type of illness. I read what Poceta wrote. It was incomprehensible to me and everyone who knows me that he would write what he did. He "diagnosed" me with an illness in which he has no expertise to diagnose. We initially thought his comments humerous, until I remembered I needed to send the notes on to a neurologist who may actually help me. Poceta's inappropriate comments may well hinder my chances for real help. I hope not.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2015828].votes_count ]]