Rate Dr. Richard K. Hood

Dr. Richard K. Hood's Ratings

I have been seeing Dr. Hood since 2004, and I can tell you that he is one of the best pain management docs I have seen! I've been seeking help from Tennessee, North Carolina, New Jersey, Philadelphia, and then here, and finally, I'm having my pain managed! Dr. Hood takes the time to listen to your concerns and tries his best to get you pain free, or at least managed. I have to clarify on my "Punctuality" rating above: This is only if you get seen in an office other than Riverwalk. The Riverwalk office is very, very busy and often runs late. Also, on the "Amount You Paid", I have a secondary insurance, which is why I don't have a deductible.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2016660].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 25, 2014

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2016661].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 28, 2012

I have been seeing Dr. Hood since 2003 and I cannot say enough great things about him. I have NEVER met a more compassionate, caring, helpful physician ever. He is one of those very rare doctors that takes the time to listen to his patients and doesn't rush through appointments. We had to try a bunch of different medications and treatments inititally to get my pain under control but he never doubted me or blew me off when I would report less than stellar results with a certain treatment. He always went above and beyond to help find something that worked for me. If you have specific concerns or questions, he makes sure they are addressed. He has made living with an illness that causes chronic pain bearable for me. I am so thankful that my regular doctor referred me to him. More doctors should follow his lead and start treating patients like they matter.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2016659].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 26, 2011

I've been a patient of Dr. Hood for several years and I have to say that I have never met a doctor as nice, compassionate, intelligent and caring as he is. He is one of those rare doctors out there that takes the time to listen to your concerns, offers solutions and NEVER rushes you through an appt. I feel very fortunate to have been referred to him.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2016658].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 9, 2009

Dr. Hood is an exceptional Pain Management Physician. Always takes the time to listen and you never feel rushed during an office visit or followup.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2016657].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 23, 2008

Dr Hood tries different procedures to rid the pain and gives honest thoughts on what you can expect. Always willing to spend the time needed to answer your questions. Very busy physician when during the winters and hard to get appointment.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2016656].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 22, 2008

Takes patients, but does not know how to care for their specific injury. Has no compassion at all. Does not return emergency phone calls at all. Since seeing this doctor I have gotten worse.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2016655].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 6, 2008

A caring doctor who believes his patient when they say they are in pain. This type of doctor is rare to find these days. Tries different procedures to help with your pain.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2016654].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 7, 2008

Have only seen this Dr. once so far, but found him very compassionate and helpful. Willing to work with me on pain issues. I find this a rarity in todays world.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2016653].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 23, 2006

He is just the best doctor ever. My pain is gone and he is just so nice. Highly recommended for pain management.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2016652].votes_count ]]