Rate Dr. Patrick L. Blohm

Dr. Patrick L. Blohm's Ratings

Originally, I would have given Dr. Blohm 5 stars. Many people don't like his abrupt manner, but that doesn't bother me. As long as a doctor does his job well, I don't care how brash he is. What I do care about is stealing money. This man took money from us for no reason. I started seeing him in 2013. He did a wonderful job of going over all our records from my OBGYN. He had several recommendations and said we should start rounds of IUI right away. So we did several tests. He told us they had all come back normal and the first IUI was scheduled. I pumped myself full of hormones and went to his office every other day or so for an ultrasound. We were so excited! We paid out of pocket for all of this which totaled about $5000. The first IUI didn't work. After several attempts to schedule a second one and him taking time off work (it was the holidays, but come on! Two months is a long time to put your life on hold), I decided to get a second opinion. This is when I transferred our records to Stephanie Singleton in Charleston (who is amazing!! She has staff in Savannah, too). She immediately looked at our records and saw the problem. I won't go into detail here, but I can even see the test results (now that I have the records) where it clearly shows we have NO chance of becoming pregnant on our own. None. Zero. Rounds of IUIs are completely pointless in our case. IVF is the only option if we want to conceive naturally. We decided we had always wanted to adopt, and that was just the push we needed. Let me be clear: I WOULD ABSOLUTELY STAY AWAY FROM THIS DOCTOR!! If you would like to know more, please PM me. I will be glad to tell you of the many, many professionals in his field and the family law field who would not recommend him at all.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2633153].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 25, 2014

My husband and I was referred to Dr. Blohm by my OBGYN. It was the most horrible experience I have ever had with a Dr. and staff!!! He and his staff are very rude. They treat as if they are doing you a huge favor. Frankly, it affected us so much I am not sure if I even want to try to get pregnant if I have to use their services!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2609262].votes_count ]]

Submitted Nov. 6, 2014

Looks like he deletes all negative reviews. I think it is important to state that this doctor should not be in practice. He makes sexist, disrespectful, and inconsiderate comments to patients. He should have found my problem right away as it was an underactive thyroid that caused me not to get pregnant. I left Blohm and another doctor found it within a month. I saw Dr. Blohm as an over 40 woman for a year and a half. Why did not he not test my thyroid? To make money off of unnecessary procedures? I went through1 cycle of natural insemination and two cycles of Follestim and insemination. None of this worked. I ended up with an ectopic pregnancy one month and the other ones did not work. In the end I got pregnant naturally at 42 a month after beginning synthroid. Blohm really wasted my time by not considering the thyroid as a possible problem and he and his staff were actually very combative, uncompassionate and ugly. I woud never recommend him in this lifetime to anyone. It was one the of the singular most negative experiences I have ever been through. I don't know how he is still in business.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2584088].votes_count ]]

Submitted Oct. 19, 2014

Dr. Blohm and his entire staff have zero bedside manners. I previously heard his office was not "warm and fuzzy" but was surprised at how cold they could be to couples so deperately seeking to have children. His staff was forthcoming with detailed information about procedures, medications, billing, etc. and I left frustrated and stressed out after most of my appointments. At times I was given conflicting or wrong information by different staff members. However; Dr. Blohm is very knowledgeable about what he does and is the best in Savannah. He does indeed give you results. If you are looking for a doctor (and staff) that is friendly and shows sympathy then go somewhere else. But if you are looking for direct answers and obtaining results then I would recommend seeing him.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2537506].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 15, 2014

My husband and I tried for several years to get pregnant after I had a tubal reversal in 2010. With no luck on our own I decided to talk to my dr about it. She told me her personal story and how she now had twins. She gave me Dr. Blohm's name and we scheduled an appointment. From the moment we met Dr. Blohm AND his staff we loved them. We have always felt like part of a family. Dr. Blohm did my HSG and we did a couple of rounds of super ovulation that were unsuccessful. I did get pregnant through IVF but lost the baby at 10 wks. It was for the best, a biopsy done after my d&c showed chromosomal abnormalities. We are doing another round of IVF in September. Do NOT listen to these obviously uneducated bad reviews talking about Dr. Blohm being in it for the money!!! I can assure you it is NOT about the money for him. He likes success. He will not "sugar coat" things, he will NOT "swing at a bad pitch", he will give it to you straight up. If your a very sensitive person, as I am, take your husband for support. It's not Blohm's job to coddle you like a baby, it's his job to get you pregnant! We would NEVER go to anyone else. Even if we moved to another state we would still come to Blohm. Schedule a consult and make up your own mind. Do not base your decision on a couple of bad reviews. I hope this review helps someone that might be on the fence about trying Dr. Blohm.
Sincerely,
Travis and Maria Hines.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2504527].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 19, 2014

To the contrary of most reviews, I have to say that my experience with Dr. Blohm and his staff was and still is terrific. Dr. Blohm is very straight forward and has a distinct sense of humor. I went to see him after trying to get pregnant for 2 years. He was thorough and very attentive. His nurses answered all of my questions and never rushed me. They are incredibly busy, but there is always time for you. With Dr. Blohm there is no such thing as after work hours or weekends - he will call you and see you at any given moment because you and your health are important. His patients come first and I always felt like a priority to him. I am 7 weeks pregnant with twins and even though my OB-GYN will be taking over the pregnancy, his office still calls to check up on me and they made it very clear that if I have any questions to please call them. This is a lasting relationship - my husband and I say that Dr. Blohm is that wise DAD you should listen to, and I have to say what a terrific DAD!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2419427].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 15, 2014

Dr. Blohm is a good doctor its a shame his office staff is lacking. If they make an error in charging a self pay patient, and they admit that yes it was in fact an office error, they need to make that right and not leave it to the patient. Regardless of the amount calling a patient petty for disputing a charge they have every right to dispute is UNACCEPTABLE. Train your staff to double check their work and these charging errors will not occur.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][738859].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 24, 2013

I love everyone in this office and they have been a great help. My husband and I tried for 6 years and now are expecting because of Dr. Blohm and his staff! Because of the reviews I was a little nervous at first but once you get to know Dr. Blohm you know he really cares about you and his job! He get the job done and that is what you are going to him for. You are not paying him to be your friend!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][738858].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 1, 2012

i have polycystic ovarion syndrome (Pcos/Pcd) so after being married for a year i decided to see a doctor about my options to concieve. yeaterday (8/7/12) was my first appt with dr. blohm & i found the appt to be very educational and great. Im not going to lie, after reading some of his reviews i was scared to see what i was getting myself into but to me dr. blohm was doing his job like any other dr.! he prescribed me two medications that i will start taking tomorrow & i just cant wait to see how this will all turn out. keeping my finger crossed for good news soon (: i paid cash for everything because i dont have insurance. i give dr. blohm two thumbs up & i will continue to see him as my dr. throgh my infertitly journey. (:

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][738857].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 8, 2012

After reading the reviews, I was worried but really wanted someone who knew what he was talking about. He is definitely not a conversationalist, he listened to every question I had and answered them all extensively and with more information than anyone has bothered to give me before. He explained the process and medications repeatedly so to ensure that I understood and unlike most doctors I've been to about this, he was confident and prepared in his choice of treatment. I was very happy with my visit and glad I made the decision to see him. Also, his staff was very helpful and always return my calls.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][738856].votes_count ]]