Rate Dr. Richard J. Hayek

Dr. Richard J. Hayek's Ratings

Very knowledgable and patient with instructions and care. I have referred friends and family to Dr. Hayek and each have been well taken care of.

Submitted Dec. 2, 2013 | flag

I had the arthroscopic surgery performed on my knee about 10 yrs. ago. Initially, I was not going to write a review, but when I saw that Dr. Hayek was rated #1 surgeon in Chicago, I had to mention my own horrible experience with regards to this surgery. First of all, while the surgery was performed, there was a bump on the outside of my right knee which he promised to remove during the surgery. Unfortunately, he did not keep his promise & the bump plagues me to this day. After the surgery I experienced great pain & this Doctor would not see me until 1 1/2 mos. later. His response to my complaint of excessive pain was "Don't worry, in a few years you can have a knee replacement & you'll be as good as new." I cannot believe this response by a certified Orthopedic Surgeon. A few years later a friend of my recommended another Orthopedic Surgeon, Dr. Patek & he along with Prolotherapy, substantially improved my condition. I was very disappointed in my outcome with Dr. Hayek.

Submitted July 23, 2013 | flag

DR. HAYEK GIVES ME THE TIME I NEED, EXPLAINS EVERYTHING, AND IS VERY COMPASSIONATE. I WOULD HIGHLY RECOMMEND HIM AS HE HAS SUCCESSFULLY DONE 3 MINISCUS REPAIRS OF MY KNEES AND ALSO A TRIGGER THUMB RELEASE.

Submitted June 23, 2012 | flag

Dr. Hayek is excellent. He explains everything. He listens and answers questions. I have recommended him to several friends, and will continue to so.

Submitted April 13, 2008 | flag

I'm a 63yr old woman who went to Dr. Hayek in great pain. I was told i needed a complete hip replacement. Dr. Hayek did my surgery and from the time I woke up I was not in any pain. He is the nicest Dr takes time with you explins anything you want to know. Great Dr nice office staff also. Thanks Dr

Submitted April 8, 2008 | flag

I had two hip replacements,first in 2000 recovered really well,the second febuary 2008 I am all ready fully recovered, the surgury could not have gone better he and his staff were excellent. I absolutly recomend him .

Submitted March 25, 2008 | flag

I am a perioperative (surgical) nurse at Resurrection Hospital. I have observed many total hip replacements. Always reassuring the patients that everything would be fine after your operation. Then it happened to me, pain and difficult to walk with out a limp. I could not straighten my leg. My life changed I was disabled. I made an appointment with Dr. Richard Hayek I knew he was a great surgeon. It was a miracle my pain was gone and I no longer had to limp. I have a new hip am back to work and feel ten years younger. Thank You Dr. Hayek

Submitted March 20, 2008 | flag

I had a complete hip replacement in August 2004. Everything went fine just as Dr. Hayek had explained. After a short recovery period I was and continue to be completely pain free almost 4 years later. Prior to the surgery I was in great pain for several years. My experience with Dr. Hayek was remarkable. He is a great surgeon and a fine doctor who I would highly recommend to anyone.

Submitted March 16, 2008 | flag

Very pleasant bedside manners and extremely caring as to your injury. Anything he could do to help make your medical problems more enduring he will.

Submitted Aug. 15, 2007 | flag

HE IS WONDERFUL AND CARRING. MADE ME FEEL RELAXED AND NOT LIKE A NUMBER IN A WAITING ROOM

Submitted March 13, 2007 | flag