Dr. Richard J. Hayek

Grad. Year: 1986

Answers Email: N
Online Appt. Scheduling: N
Accepting New Patients:Y

Profile updated 17/10/13    Submit profile update    Subscribe to profile updates

Rating: 4.6 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 11 reviews. Dr. Richard J. Hayek has an excellent overall rating on RateMDs.com. smile

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments

19/05/14 SYSTEM: 'birds of a feather' score (based on Medicare patients-in-common): 3.2
RID: 3622510
02/12/13 4 4 4 5 Very knowledgable and patient with instructions and care. I have referred friends and family to Dr. Hayek and each have been well taken care of.
Insurance: Aetna
RID: 2716243

23/07/13 4 1 1 1 I had the arthroscopic surgery performed on my knee about 10 yrs. ago. Initially, I was not going to write a review, but when I saw that Dr. Hayek was rated #1 surgeon in Chicago, I had to mention my own horrible experience with regards to this surgery. First of all, while the surgery was performed, there was a bump on the outside of my right knee which he promised to remove during the surgery. Unfortunately, he did not keep his promise & the bump plagues me to this day. After the surgery I experienced great pain & this Doctor would not see me until 1 1/2 mos. later. His response to my complaint of excessive pain was "Don't worry, in a few years you can have a knee replacement & you'll be as good as new." I cannot believe this response by a certified Orthopedic Surgeon. A few years later a friend of my recommended another Orthopedic Surgeon, Dr. Patek & he along with Prolotherapy, substantially improved my condition. I was very disappointed in my outcome with Dr. Hayek.
RID: 2285052
23/06/12 5 4 5 5 DR. HAYEK GIVES ME THE TIME I NEED, EXPLAINS EVERYTHING, AND IS VERY COMPASSIONATE. I WOULD HIGHLY RECOMMEND HIM AS HE HAS SUCCESSFULLY DONE 3 MINISCUS REPAIRS OF MY KNEES AND ALSO A TRIGGER THUMB RELEASE.
Insurance: Medicare
Respond

22/05/11 SYSTEM: 2 positive duplicate or disallowed ratings automatically removed
RID: 564810
13/04/08 5 5 5 5 Dr. Hayek is excellent. He explains everything. He listens and answers questions. I have recommended him to several friends, and will continue to so.  Respond
RID: 561335
08/04/08 5 5 5 5 I'm a 63yr old woman who went to Dr. Hayek in great pain. I was told i needed a complete hip replacement. Dr. Hayek did my surgery and from the time I woke up I was not in any pain. He is the nicest Dr takes time with you explins anything you want to know. Great Dr nice office staff also. Thanks Dr
Insurance: Anthem
RID: 547619
25/03/08 5 5 5 5 I had two hip replacements,first in 2000 recovered really well,the second febuary 2008 I am all ready fully recovered, the surgury could not have gone better he and his staff were excellent. I absolutly recomend him .
RID: 543726
20/03/08 5 5 5 5 I am a perioperative (surgical) nurse at Resurrection Hospital. I have observed many total hip replacements. Always reassuring the patients that everything would be fine after your operation. Then it happened to me, pain and difficult to walk with out a limp. I could not straighten my leg. My life changed I was disabled. I made an appointment with Dr. Richard Hayek I knew he was a great surgeon. It was a miracle my pain was gone and I no longer had to limp. I have a new hip am back to work and feel ten years younger. Thank You Dr. Hayek
RID: 539603
16/03/08 5 5 5 5 I had a complete hip replacement in August 2004. Everything went fine just as Dr. Hayek had explained. After a short recovery period I was and continue to be completely pain free almost 4 years later. Prior to the surgery I was in great pain for several years. My experience with Dr. Hayek was remarkable. He is a great surgeon and a fine doctor who I would highly recommend to anyone.
RID: 385869
15/08/07 5 5 5 5 Very pleasant bedside manners and extremely caring as to your injury. Anything he could do to help make your medical problems more enduring he will.  Respond
RID: 195575
13/03/07 5 5 5 HE IS WONDERFUL AND CARRING. MADE ME FEEL RELAXED AND NOT LIKE A NUMBER IN A WAITING ROOM
RID: 24353
04/03/06 5 5 5 Love this doctor. Very attentive, caring, listener, very polite professional manners, and very nice staffs too. Very good communication to calm your nerve.  Respond