Dr. Hayk L. Kaftarian

Grad. Year: 1967

Answers Email: Unknown
Online Appt. Scheduling: Unknown
Accepting New Patients:Y

Rating: 4.6 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 10 reviews. Dr. Hayk L. Kaftarian has an excellent overall rating on RateMDs.com. smile

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments
RID: 3622199
01/12/13 5 5 5 5 I have a 34 year old that is how long I have known doctor Kaftarian, a great Dr.  Respond

20/10/13 SYSTEM: First Name changed from "Hayk" to "Hayk L."
RID: 1189885
15/06/10 4 4 4 5 He was all three of my daughters doctor and now he's my grandaughter doctor. Great doctor.
RID: 1057546
15/12/09 1 3 1 1 I'm very disturbed that Dr. K did not properly diagnose my grandson. He was diagnosed with Eczema only to have a 2nd opinion and find out it truly is BED BUGS. How do you look at a childs skin and give a diagnoses of Eczema when it looks NOTHING like a Bite mark and then prescribe Permethrin 5% Cream which is perscribed for Scabies. Scabies presents itself as Large areas of the body can be covered by a rash that can last for weeks but which will not (or only rarely) coincide with the areas of mite infestation. The child has NOT had a rash the child has displayed old and some recent BITE marks. http://medent.usyd.edu.au/fact/scabies.html Dr. Kaftarian you need to get it together or hang up the white coat.
Insurance: Medicaid / Medi-Cal
RID: 684846
15/09/08 5 5 5 5 I have been bring all 4 children to Dr. Kaftarian for the last 12 years. He is compassionate and very knowledgable. He often shares his personal experiences as they relate to my children's health issues. His diagnosis have always been accurate and he explains everything. I am extremely appreciative for his willingness to always accomodate my children's appointments and emergencies. I must add, Dr. Kafterian's staff is only as good as he is. Well, needless to say, they are FANTASTIC! Thanks for the opportunity to say: Thank you Dr. Kafterian and Staff for making our doctor visits a great experience. Sincerely, Karen Hubbard
Insurance: Humana
RID: 678187
03/09/08 5 5 5 5 Dr.Kaftarian and his staff are very polite and helpful.
RID: 678063
03/09/08 5 5 5 5 My three daugthers were patients when they were young.Now my grandsons are patients now. Thats my youngest daugther's sons. Jamir and Isaiah. He saved my middle daugthers life. His actions speaks for itself. He's the best Pediatrian i know. I trust him very much, and always will. My rating is higher than normal. I would say 150 percent. Thank You Dr. Kaftarian
RID: 672660
24/08/08 4 5 5 5 I am very satisfied w/Kaftarian he has been my kids doctor for 15yrs.I have moved from the area & have chosen to continue to bring my kids to his office though it takes me 45 mins.one way.He is polite & caring.I have never asked him a question that he was not able to answer,if its something he is not sure about he is very honest (which is very,rare).I am always able to call the office for non-scheduled appoints.Dr.Kaftarian has always been available.I have never made an appointment & he was not in the office.I also like that the wait time is minimum.The one thing that I dont like is that his office is open 3days a wk & I am forced to go to the urgent care center for unplanned/unexpected visits.This is an inconvience especially during cold season.Not being able to respond to the doctors office on Thurs & Fri.is a problem.This seems to be the time when the children are most likely to get sick and need care.I absolutley have found Dr. Kaftarian to be THE BEST DOCTOR for my 3 children.
Insurance: Aetna
RID: 671297
22/08/08 5 5 5 5 Truly pleasant office staff and he is wonderful with his patients truly happy with the service we are given in his office at all times
Paid (or co-pay): $20
RID: 667550
18/08/08 5 5 5 5 We've been going to Dr. Kaftarian for 26 years. He is a great pediatrician. However, I wish he'd improve the look and feel of his waiting room. It seems like I am in the third world or the old USSR. Also, the TV should be removed (if divorce court and "Tyra" must play, which were on while I waited today).
Paid (or co-pay): $15
RID: 663397
13/08/08 5 5 5 5 EXCELLENT DOCTOR HE WAS MY OLDEST SON DOCTOR HE IS NOW 22YEARS OLD AND HE IS MY YOUNGEST SON DOCTOR WHO IS NOW 9 YEARS OLD.
Insurance: Aetna