Dr. Karen M. Horton

Grad. Year: 2000

Answers Email: Unknown
Online Appt. Scheduling: Unknown
Accepting New Patients:Y

Profile updated 04/09/13    Submit profile update    Subscribe to profile updates

Rating: 4.7 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 11 reviews. Dr. Karen M. Horton has an excellent overall rating on RateMDs.com. smile

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

Dr. Karen M. Horton
Cosmetic / Plastic Surgeon-related: plastic surgery, cosmetic surgery, breast enhancement, breast reduction, liposuction, chin implant, rhinoplasty, nose job, tummy tuck, botox, face lift, boob job, butt lift
The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments
RID: 5176777
13/02/14 5 5 5 5 Karen is an absolutely fantastic person and physician. Her work excels anything I've seen in terms of breast reconstruction surgery. Besides being extremely efficient and skillful, she has a wonderful, beautiful personality. She is kind sensitive and empathetic. It's been painful but rewarding and the final product has completely changed my life. My husband tells me constantly I'm beautiful not because I've been "fixed" but because I radiate confidence. I FEEL beautiful!  Respond
RID: 3604548
13/11/13 5 5 5 5 Dr. Karen Horton is an angel. She is so caring, supportive, and informative. Her staff's customer service is top notch. Each of them are very helpful and responsive.
RID: 2887647
30/09/13 5 5 5 5 Dr. Horton is a phenomenal surgeon with a caring and friendly demeanor. She truly cares about her patients, which is evident from the initial consultation to the post-op appointment. For every visit, I felt like I was reuniting with family, rather than entering a sterile, doctor's office. And, to say that the results are amazing is an understatement. She is incredibly talented. I highly recommend Dr. Horton for any surgical procedure.
RID: 2769056
14/08/13 5 3 5 5 Karen Horton is not only an artist at her craft -- but is also the most caring doctor I have ever dealt with. She expresses that care in every interaction and has changed the way I look at her field and how I look at myself. You should know that you will likely wait to see her longer than you might like -- but it's worth it when your turn comes. If you don't like the wait you can always choose one of the MANY others in her profession who don't spend the time to show that level of care to their patients.
RID: 2328174
06/07/12 5 5 5 5 Dr. Horton is so fantastic, as well as her whole office staff! I interviewed several surgeons and she was by far the best in her field! Dr.Horton has always made this experience a positive one and I appreciate that after a long year of breast cancer. She recently performed the DIEP flap surgery (6/12) on me after I finished chemo, so this was the end for me. So many people keep telling me how amazing my breasts look. Dr. Horton is a gifted surgeon with such a warm-heart and fantastic bedside manner. I strongly recommend her to anyone!
Insurance: United Healthcare
RID: 1757988
18/03/12 5 2 5 5 Dr. Horton took on my case when no other doctor would. Apparently a horseshoe scar is very hard to correct. Especially on one's face. She fixed my lower lip in an extremely painless and quick procedure. It healed quickly and now no-one can even tell that there used to be a scar there. Also, in an unrelated event, when I got hit by a motorscooter. Dr. Horton immediately referred me to the best doctor who could help fix my leg. Thank you Doctor Horton!
Insurance: CIGNA
RID: 1740881
13/03/12 5 5 5 5 There are not enough positive superlative words to describe Dr. Horton. She is skilled, artistic, and empathetic. My bilateral mastectomy was the best. Her talent in rebuilding my poor body was superb. Unlike many doctors, she has time for her patients and makes a very difficult procedure "simple." I would go through it again in a heartbeat--but only under her skilled leadership. She obviously got into med school on talent and intelligence rather than the growing route of "special" quota programs.
Paid (or co-pay): $10000
RID: 1737927
12/03/12 5 4 5 5 Dr.Horton and Dr. Buntic are fantastic surgeons. I call them the "Dream Team" for breast reconstruction! Dr. Horton is a very compassionate and supportive listener. I thought I was too old, and too late, for a TUG breast reconstruction surgery--after bilateral masectomies 7 years earlier. Dr. Horton assured me that it was not only possible--but did the best reconstruction surgery you could ever imagine. Thank you so much for helping me regain my confidence as a woman--and the beautiful breast reconstruction job! Sharon
RID: 1730971
07/03/12 5 5 5 5 It was 15 years after my breast cancer that I found Dr. Horton, but it was worth the wait! She is a remarkably gifted surgeon and compassionate person. She is genuinely interested in her patients and takes time to explain everything. She is warm, sensitive, supportive and protective. Her staff reflects her compassion and has been exceptionally flexible in scheduling for a patient with a 6 hour rt commute. Dr. Horton created a new "natural" breast for me and gave me back my feminine dignity. A truly amazing surgeon and experience.  Respond
RID: 1727699
03/03/12 5 4 5 5 Dr. Horton was such a wonderful surgeon; she reconstructed my breast simultaneously with Dr. Grissom for the one-step mastectomy/reconstruction. My results are very natural looking; she preserved my skin and nipple; although my breasts are C-D cup she was able to preserve and maintain a very good shape. She doesn't believe in cutting pectoral muscles to insert the implant; unlike all of the other surgeons I saw. This preserved my range of motion, did not cause back pain, was very low intensity. Mary, Mari and Bridget are so so kind and wonderful. I am grateful to have found them. Dr. Horton is an excellent doctor, and her co-surgeon Dr. Grissom is a wondeful and excellent surgical oncologist.  Respond
RID: 1467177
18/06/11 5 5 1 2 An over confident doctor with unexplained bad results! She loves to paint a rosy picture; her arrogance is a huge problem. She never admits to any problem even when it's as clear as the sun. I had a breast reconstruction with Dr. Horton and very unhappy with the results.