Dr. Nathan G. Berger

Foreign Lang: Italian

Answers Email: Unknown
Online Appt. Scheduling: Unknown
Accepting New Patients:Y

Rating: 4.7 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 20 reviews. Dr. Nathan G. Berger has an excellent overall rating on RateMDs.com. smile

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

Reproductive Endocrinologist-related: infertility, fertility, reproductive endocrinology, in vitro fertilization, fertilisation
The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments
RID: 5578053
25/06/14 3 4 5 5 For any couple having issues with getting pregnant. Dr. Burger is the Dr. to see. My husband and I had 4 miscarriages. It was heart breaking, but we were referred to Dr. Berger. We now have two boys 11 and 8. And would have never been able to have them without the help of Dr. Berger. He was amazing with helping find out the problem. Thank you again Dr. Berger.  Respond
RID: 2909036
12/10/13 1 2 4 4 Dr. Berger performed surgery on me over twenty years ago, and I had excellent results and was very pleased. He continued to perform Pap tests on me, even though I had had a hysterectomy and no longer needed them. My new GYN doctor told me these tests were unnecessary. He seemed to have changed in recent years ago and does not have the same patience and easygoing manner. The office staff used to be very good, but does not provide good customer service. It is very difficult to reach Dr. Berger, and the wait for appointments is too long.
RID: 2893468
03/10/13 4 1 5 5 -Delivered all three of my kids, went to him for many years before that, IS the best MD of any I have ever gone to-not even one close to his level. He does have an unusual sense of humor at times, its part of the charm, most importantly above all else-- he takes the time needed to explain your problem and makes sure you understand and are not left scared and freaked out. I can assure you as an RN I have watched him in the OR and his skills are top notch,if only more were like him!
Insurance: Wellpoint
Paid (or co-pay): $30
RID: 2385262
26/07/12 1 3 4 5 Dr. Berger is excellet, but his staff are the most unprofessional people I have seen. Infact they are RUDE most of the times.Its very hard to get in touch with the Doctor over the phone. My previous OBG/GYN will alwys used to call me back after I left a message with the receptionist.
Paid (or co-pay): $275
Respond

08/04/12 SYSTEM: First Name changed from "Nathan" to "Nathan G."
RID: 1687399
15/01/12 1 1 5 5 I've been with Dr. Berger for over 20 years. He helped with my infertility and delivered all 3 of my kids. He is very good at his job and knows his stuff. He treats you like a person and not just a patient. I just wish his office staff had the same professionalism.
Insurance: Aetna
RID: 1656376

08/12/11 5 4 5 5 I feel I have to make a comment on how much I like Dr Berger after my last couple visits to him. Well I have not have my baby yet but I am absolutely happy that I started to see him before anyone else. He is so sharp and quick to make the diagnosis. He is to the point and knows exactly what he is doing. He is a good doctor, a good person, a funny guy with likable sense of humor on all those nosy stuff. But he respects you as well. He definitely knows his field and he is a great surgeon. What is so unique about him is the time he spends with each patient explaining every thing in detail and make sure every one understands every thing. You may sound silly to him and he acknowledges that but who cares because he explain everything so that any one can get it. I highly recommend him to anyone who does not know who to see for Ob/GYN and infertility.
RID: 1654321
06/12/11 5 5 5 5 Dr.Berger is the best ob/gyn doctor i have ever been to. He takes his time to explain the procedure so you dont feel lost about the process.His happiness relaxed me so i didnt feel tense about the hsg. I refer all me friends and family to him. Once again he is the Best!!!
Insurance: CIGNA
RID: 1632958
13/11/11 5 5 5 5 Best doctor. Funny and easy to talk to.. Staff is great. Office Manager very helpful with Insurances and rest of staff very nice. My surgery was very easy going and I feel great.
RID: 1571085
26/10/11 5 5 5 5 I LOVE Dr.Berger he has been my Gyn for over 20 years. I have followed him all over MD because he is kind, patient, knowledgeable, and caring. No question is silly to him and he explains your problems in terms that are easy to understand. Dena, the office manager is the best. I cant say it enough I Love Dr. Berger..)
Insurance: BC Med
Paid (or co-pay): $20
RID: 1535143
12/09/11 5 5 5 5 I was referred to Dr. Berger from my OBGYN who I have only been going to for 2 months. My husband and I have been trying to conceive for over 5 years and I am not getting any younger. From the initial phone call to my appointment (I only waited 10 extra minutes) I felt at ease, he answered all my questions, made a few jokes to relax me and was willing to explain my whole exam from A-Z (waiting 10 extra minutes to know I am going to get this kind of care was worth it). We will be continuing our care with Dr. Berger and would recommend him to anyone.
RID: 1505998
07/08/11 4 3 5 5 I just wanted to comment that I am the one who called him a "nut" a few years ago, and I should have chosen another word -- all I meant is that he has a nutty sense of humor. He's said some hilariously random things to me over the years. His sense of humor reminds me of my dad's (definitely nutty). That's all. Sorry for any confusion. I like him tremendously. Some things to know about Dr Berger if you're considering IVF with him: he does not do ultrasound-guided embryo transfers, his lab does ICSI more frequently than is usual; his lab commonly uses assisted hatching; you get a lot of personal, prompt attention; he seems to keep up well with the field; his staff has vastly improved in the past few years; his wait time seem to be improving, too. His embryology lab is extremely nice, but I'm not convinced that they're top-notch, skillwise. All in all, a "no frills" kind of place, but that doesn't bother me. I think he's a good doctor.  Respond
RID: 1464648
15/06/11 4 4 5 5 I honestly think that Dr. Berger is the best OBGYN/RE doctor Ive ever been to. He is very friendly. He's always willing to listen and answer any questions that I have. He is never judgemental regardless of my relationship status. I had to get a HSG test done. It was over before I knew it. It wasnt painful at all. my problem was hormonal. He was the first doctor to figure that out. I would think that would be the easiest thing to find out giving the fact that all that has to be done is to order blood test. Im not really sure why the others called him a nut. He's very laid back to me. And also he is very patient. Always a plus, Im not really a fan of doctors who have you waiting forever and then when its your turn you feel rushed. I havent had to wait long yet. Hopefully it stays that way. I would recommend Dr. Berger to any women trying to conceive.
RID: 1236245
24/08/10 4 2 4 5 I've been going to Dr. Berger for about 25 years! He helped with my infertility and I have a 24 year old and a 19 year old. I agree, you wait in the office past your appointment time but he never rushes you or makes you feel unimportant. He knows his profession, asks the right questions and explains everything. I wouldn't say he is a "nut" like some of the other ratings did. He's a good guy.
Insurance: MAMSI
RID: 1208767
15/07/10 5 5 5 5 Dr Berger is an angel. I suffered for four years from excruciatingly painful vulvodynia, to the point where my husband and I were forced to be almost entirely celibate. Within six months of starting treatment with Dr Berger, I was back to having almost totally pain free sex. I agree with others who say he's a nut but a likable nut, and also that it's fabulous how he does not bs you and admits if he doesn't know something. Also love his medical secretary, Dina, who totally went to bat for me when my insurance co wouldn't cover a prescription, making multiple phone calls and calling me with updates. I drive an hour to see Dr Berger but I would drive many more to see him if I had to. Can't recommend him highly enough.
RID: 1060839
19/12/09 5 4 5 5 Great person. Often busy but understadably he is the only specialist. Very knowledgeable.
RID: 726532
20/11/08 3 1 5 5 Like someone noted, Dr. Berger is a nut, but a good nut! He is very kind and laid back, but he knows his stuff for sure. I liked that for fertility treatments you only saw 1 Dr and were not passed around. However, you wait a LONG time for your appointments and they take you the order you arrive, not when your appointment is. Plus, some of his staff is not very friendly, but they're not treating me, so I didn't let it bother me. I highly recommend him.
Insurance: Aetna
RID: 503603
03/02/08 4 2 5 5 I almost didn't go to Dr Berger because I found an article online with him proudly showing off a patient's triplets -- and in my opinion, triplets are NOT a sign of well-managed fertility treatment. But I'm glad I did. Dr. Berger is a bit of a nut, but a likable nut, and I trust him. Doesn't condescend or oversimplify, which I really appreciate. Furthermore, I feel like he listens to me. He's pretty nondirective, which is good if you (like I) have a strong idea of what you want and what you are and aren't willing to do. He offers appointments 7 days a week, so if you ovulate on a weekend it's not the end of the world. Office can be a little flaky at times, but they've always come through for me. Plus, the whole office has treated our nontraditional family with courtesy and respect. Often long wait times.  Respond
RID: 189047
13/03/07 1 1 5 I had secondary IF due to depo provera. Despite that we all knew that depo was the problem, he insisted I get another painful biopsy and a dye-tube check which would be painful to me. I don't care what anyone says, I am very sensitive to those things, and it HURTS. He would not just help me with the hormonal problem I had because of depo. After my visit with him, a couple wks later, I thought I was preg. I got a blood test with him - 48 hrs for result. I went to a local family plan. clinic and paid to get a blood test that would be back in an hr. It was positive. Because I was cramping, I called his office. His wife look at my chart, and told me I wasn't pregnant. She got angry when I told her I was and how I knew. She said they don't tell their patients they are pregnant if their HCG is still on the low end. Then they refused to give me progesterone even though my prog. was very low. I started to spot. He told me I lost the baby. I'm proud to say she is 7 yrs old now!  Respond
RID: 37194
22/07/06 2 5 5 never on time. Exteremly knowledgable and takes a lot time with patients, drawing diagrams and explaining procedures and problems. Very approachable. I refer my friends/family to him.
Insurance: MAMSI
RID: 24152
02/03/06 2 3 3 This doctor is never on time however is very through in his exams and treatment, He also sees Infertility patients as well as GYN. I had alot of GYN medical issues and he was able to help me and work through them with me