Dr. Zhijun I. Wang

Grad. Year:

Answers Email: Unknown
Online Appt. Scheduling: Unknown
Accepting New Patients:Y

Profile updated 21/02/14    Submit profile update    Subscribe to profile updates

Rating: 4.2 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 7 reviews. Dr. Zhijun I. Wang has a good overall rating on RateMDs.com. smile

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments
RID: 5509575
03/06/14 1 1 1 1 I had some very bad experiences with Dr Wang! Dr Wang is not conscientious enough! Children have a lot of vaccine shot during their early few years. Dr. Wang or his assistants never tell you when is the next shot(s), if you don't ask them yourself! For some other issues such as fever and cough, they do the same way! They don't give you more information if you don't more questions. I bear this situation only because he can speak Chinese. Recently, I had even worse experience! Dr Wang referred my daughter to another specialist, but the assistants didn't send the authority to that doctor. So I called them again and again, and each time, the assistant said she would do that immediately! At the FIFTH time, I was very angry and told them how many times I had called them! But they still did NOTHING! I have decided to change pediatrician for my children. I'll never recommend Dr Wang to my friends and anyone who read my review!  Respond

20/10/13 SYSTEM: First Name changed from "Zhijun" to "Zhijun I."
RID: 2912692
15/10/13 1 2 4 4 Dr. Wang is a good doctor. However, his staff is very rude, impatient with kids and imcompetent.
Insurance: Medicaid / Medi-Cal
RID: 2705502
10/07/13 4 5 5 5 Dr. Wang is extremely informative. He patiently answers all questions; in addition, Dr. Wang seems genuinely interested in asking questions. Dr. Wang was PERSONALLY available at all hours and weekends when my daughter had some severe medical problems. He encouraged us to contact him whenever we were concerned with her condition. Dr. Wang is one of the most knowledgeable doctors I know (including internists and specialists). My confidence is based on his ability to provide markers during therapies which identify progress. When I had to change insurance (to HMO), my only regret was that my daughter lost the benefit of this wonderful doctor. Currently I am willing to pay as a cash patient to take my daughter to Dr. Wang.
Insurance: Aetna
Paid (or co-pay): $25
RID: 2080402
24/04/12 4 5 5 5 My 22month son and I's second time visiting Dr. Wang. dr. Wang was gentle. Introduced the stethoscope as a telephone to my son. A doctor who prefers mild treatment --- using natural ways and mild drugs for treatment. At 6-8 month with fever, doctor stressed fluid importance and no antibiotics unless there were no turn for the better in a few days for my son. This time at 22 months of age with mild to moderate cough, doctor recommended Benadryl before sleep and fluid importance for my son.
Insurance: Blue Cross / Blue Shield
RID: 1208291
14/07/10 2 5 5 5 Very knowledgeable and very patient doctor. Strong recommendation!  Respond
RID: 973692
27/08/09 5 5 5 5 OMG!! Am I glad I found him! He is absolutly the BEST. My daughter LOVES him and looks forward to his visits. His office staff is friendly and they remembers all of their patients. They are very good. Whenever I have a question I call and he answers and gets back to me right away. I can't believe how blessed we are to find such a knowledgable, friendly doctor! Office is clean, and comfortable. Dr. Wang is great at diagnosing too. He is right on with every step that will be next! I LOVE this Doctor! I decided to post this because I accidently ran into this site and well, why not!
Insurance: Blue Cross / Blue Shield
RID: 875089
30/04/09 1 2 4 5 best doctor, but poor staff services. Dr. Wang does not deserve this anf his staff need more education for customer courtesy.
Insurance: Anthem