Dr. Kenneth K. Moghadam

Grad. Year: 1998

Answers Email: Unknown
Online Appt. Scheduling: Unknown
Accepting New Patients:Y

Rating: 4.8 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 16 reviews. Dr. Kenneth K. Moghadam has an excellent overall rating on RateMDs.com. smile

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

Reproductive Endocrinologist-related: infertility, fertility, reproductive endocrinology, in vitro fertilization, fertilisation
The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments

20/10/13 SYSTEM: First Name changed from "Kenneth" to "Kenneth K."
RID: 2891482
02/10/13 5 5 5 5 Dr. Moghadam and the staff at AFI are excellent! I almost went to go to the bigger fertility institute in Austin because I thought they might be better because they were bigger, I'm so glad I didn't! Dr.Moghadam is very knowledgable and led us down the path that was right for us. We felt very informed on what was going to happen and what steps we would take to get there. Infertility is very dificult to deal with and I felt reassured after our first doctors visit. The best part about the process was that we got pregnant on out first IUI treatment with twins! I would recommend Dr. Moghadam to my closest friends.
Paid (or co-pay): $5000
RID: 2845462
08/09/13 5 5 5 5 Dr. Moghadam is awesome, so are his staff. He patiently answered all our questions, explained all his plans and addressed all our concerns. His staff, especially Becky, were super friendly and awesome. You just fall in love with these guys. We've conducted numerous visits and procedures with AFI, including multiple IUI's and an IVF. The IVF was successful but eventually miscarried (probably due to our bad physical shape back then). Finally, with months of working out, supplementing and conditioning, an IUI succeeded and we now have this healthy, amazing 2 weeks old boy making all kinds of cute baby noises. I don't know if a fertility doctor can do any better, but if you picture yourself being the best at what you do, with the utmost care for those you serve, surrounding yourself with the best, most dedicated staff - all the while holding yourself to the highest standards, then you'll probably be where Dr. Moghadam is. If I were a doctor, he's the kind of doctor I'd want to be.
Paid (or co-pay): $25000
RID: 2822922
29/08/13 5 4 5 5 The results speak for themselves. We are 31 weeks pregnant with twins thanks to Dr. Moghadam. We went to him for a second opinion after another fertility specialist told us our best (only?) option would be trying to get pregnant with a donor egg. We had tried 4 IUIs and 1 IVF cycle before seeing Dr. Moghadam. In our initial consultation, he gave us hope that we could get pregnant with the right fertility treatment. After just 2 cycles of fertility treatment with Dr. Moghadam, we were pregnant! He and his office staff did a great job of keeping us informed and explained each step of the process to us. We sometimes had to wait, but it was well worth it when we knew we'd get our due time with Dr. Moghadam and when we got the results we were hoping for after 2 years of trying.  Respond
RID: 2695259
26/06/13 5 5 5 5 Dr Moghadam was the best IVF doctor we could ever hope for. We are now 24 weeks pregnant with a little boy after struggling with infertility for almost 5 years. He made the process very easy and everything went extremely smooth. He always took the time to make sure we understood everything and that we felt comfortable with everything. We never had to wait a long time at his office but if people experience a long wait it is because he takes good care of his patients. When we did the implantation, I didn't drink enough water so they couldn't see on the ultrasound very well, he waited an extra hour talking to us to make sure my bladder was full to be able to do a great implantation. So I made him late but I was so thankful he waited because I am now pregnant.. Not a lot of Doctors would do that.AFI was the best choice we ever made.
RID: 2662808
26/05/13 5 3 5 5 Dr. Moghadam and his office was very friendly and helpful. He was a very caring doctor throughout the whole process and made us feel very comfortable about the IVF experience, even when the outcomes were not very favorable for us. We are now 31 weeks pregnant and very thankful for Dr. Moghadam and his staff. The only reason why Dr. Moghadam is not as punctual is because he does take the time for his patients and sometimes that pushes the waiting time for his other patients. Dr. Moghadam and his office cares very highly for their patients that they work overtime and over the holidays to make sure we were taken care of. I do wish he and his staff would be able to take more time off for themselves and their families.
RID: 2575368
03/03/13 5 4 5 5 We cannot say enough positive things about this Doctor and his practice! We had nothing but positive experiences here. He was knowledgeable and friendly, and guided us through the difficulties of infertility. I especially liked how proactive he was in our treatments. He was very sensitive to our wishes to wait and/or move forward with treatments as per our comfort level. He often said that our family planning was our business and it was his job to go at our pace and have successful results. When the time came to go ahead with IVF, he made sure we were comfortable with the process and the likely outcomes. It turns out we were successful and I gave birth to adorable twins this February. We have frozen embryos and you can bet that I'll be going back to AFI to get them implanted! I love his staff as well, we were so happy. We were at the practice so often that we felt like they were part of our family.  Respond
RID: 2551956
06/02/13 5 4 5 5 My experience with the AFI was very good. Both the nurses and the doctor are very helpful, friendly and knowledgeable. They make you feel like you are a part of their family. My husband and I have been trying to get pregnant for couple years, and we are very excited for my first pregnancy. I highly recommend this doctor, and we will comeback for our second baby in the future.  Respond
RID: 2531399
15/01/13 3 2 2 4 Our first and only visit to Dr. Moghadam was very unpleasant. We felt rushed, his bedside manners were atrocious. When we tried to ask questions he continually interupted. He spoke badly about the doctor that had referred us to him. We needed a doctor but what we got was a salesman selling his services, he pulled out his laptop to show us his slideshow...! After becoming impatient because we told him we would like time to think about it he basically said your time is up you can talk in the conference room. As a doctor I would think he would be more sympathetic and understand what an emotional time it is when you've been trying for two years to concieve but his All-BUSINESS approach is so unsettling. Will never recommend him!  See Responses
RID: 2459433
27/10/12 5 3 5 5 We highly recommend AFI. Thanks to Dr Moghadam I'm pregnant with our first baby and could not be more thrilled. We went after my OB said IVF was our only option. She said there were other fertility clinics in town but she worked with him the most and every woman she had ever sent to him came back pregnant. We set up a consultation and liked him immediately. He was thorough in walking us through the process but was also very down to earth and straight-forward with us. We got started right away. You’re in there a LOT during this time, with weekly or daily visits, and we liked all of his staff. They're busy, and we did a lot of waiting, so bring something to do. I can see how this is frustrating to people, but we understood that with the nature of his practice he couldn’t control how many procedures he might have pop up in one day and knew that when the time came for ours we would get his full attention too. And of course, we did. We're so grateful to him and his wonderful staff.
RID: 2443136
10/10/12 4 3 5 5 We started seeing Dr. M after a terrible experience at another well-known fertility clinic in Austin. Our initial consultation lasted over an hour (late afternoon appt.), and by the time we left, we had a plan in place. Due to an unexpected event in our life, we had to put our plan on hold for about a year, but we still received calls from Becky (nurse/coordinator) every 6 weeks or so checking in with us. We are now 13 weeks pregnant after our first IVF/ICSI with Dr. M's office, and we couldn't be more thrilled! Re: Punctuality - I rated a 3 because that's an honest assessment; however, realize that during a cycle, monitoring is basically 24/7 and unexpected issues can arise quickly. Surgeries, retrievals, transfers can all take longer than expected from time to time, etc...so I don't necessarily view it as a strike against Dr. M's practice.  Respond
RID: 2414036
30/08/12 5 4 5 5 Dr. Moghadam is fantastic! He gives his cell phone # to all new patients which is unheard of for a doctor to do. He loves for you to ask questions and is a very kind and compassionate person. Thanks Dr. M!
RID: 2410074
25/08/12 5 5 5 5 Dr. Moghadam is the most professional and friendliest doctor my husband and I have met. The staff are excellent and friendly. We have never been to a clinic where we anticipate for our next visit and feel so much warmth. You will always see a smile on their faces. They are very pleasant and professional. Everytime we go there we always feel their concern and care like family. We love Austin Fertility Clinic!!!..
Insurance: Tricare
RID: 2381360
21/07/12 2 1 2 4 Office staff was unorganized (could not find my paperwork submitted weeks earlier). Dr. M. was an hour late for our 1st meeting because he was in a meeting with other doctors, not with patients. He left our initial meeting 3 times to deal with other business. This job is definitely all business to him. He refers to other REs as his "competitiors". My husband and I felt pressured to move forward with IVF immediately. When we suggested we were just there to gather information and think about our options, Dr. M. got visibly upset and ended the meeting. He led us to believe that he was making us a deal for the cost of his services, but after seeing other REs, it is clear that Dr. M. inflates his costs to you so it appears he is giving you a discount. He seems knowledgeable about fertility, but that doesn't make him a nice guy. I highly recommend Texas Fertility Center instead.
Paid (or co-pay): $40
RID: 888899
15/05/09 5 3 5 5 We have been with Dr. Moghadam for 9 months now. He and his staff have been wonderful, always taking extra time to answer questions and give explanations. My husband and I came in knowing getting pregnant was not going to be easy (endometriosis and pcos). Dr. Moghadam has taken time to get to know us and our desires for having a family- even spending time with us in the pre-op room "relaxing" before I had surgery. There have been times when he has been more upset by test results not coming back the way we would like. I can't say enough for the treatment we are receiving and the compassion that we have been shown. (The only thing that I did not rate a 5 was being on time. While I usually wait to be seen, I know that my time will not be cut into, nor will I be made to feel rushed. HIS CARE IS WORTH THE WAIT!)
Insurance: Anthem
RID: 803104
28/02/09 5 2 5 5 Dr. Moghadam was fantastic throughout my treatment for PCOS. I am now pregnant with twins thanks to him. He was reassuring and optimistic throughout the entire treatment process. He gave me hope when I felt none.
Insurance: Aetna
Paid (or co-pay): $10000
RID: 663121
13/08/08 5 5 5 5 Dr. Moghadam is very professional and he goes out of the way to do everything he can for his patients.  Respond