Rate Dr. Richard K. Sall

Dr. Richard K. Sall's Ratings

If you have Lyme Disease, DO NOT waste your time seeing Dr. Sall!! I was bit by a tick in April, had the 48 hour flu-like illness, and became sick. I started Doxy but I didn't get better, even after several months. My PCP referred me to an Infectious Diseases Dr. For my appointment with Dr Sall, I brought two Western Blot tests in which I tested positive. Even after hearing my timeline and symptoms (I was previously healthy) and seeing my test results, he remained adamant that I do not have Lyme Disease!

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2536077].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 14, 2014

I was astounded to see the negative comments on this rating.I have known Dr. Richard Sall and his associates for 20 years on a professional basis.I am employed at one of his hospital affiliates and have seen hundreds of patients treated by him.I say this with the most sincerity-he is well respected by all colleagues,medical personnel,patients,patient families,and the community.He is not only knowledgable in the most up to date treatment plans,but he exudes the utmost sincerity and compassion with his patients.I have not only referred dozens of patients to his practice,but also family members.He has approached difficult cases on a very personal level and is always available for his patients and his patient's families.He and his colleagues are the BEST of the best in Northern Virginia and I would chose no other infectious disease specialists to treat both myself and my family.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2309313].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 21, 2014

I brought a positive Lyme test to him as instructed by my GP. Dr. Sall told me that the test was probably a "false-positive," even though I'd been sick for 20 years. I had written up four detailed pages of all my symptoms, explaining what they were and the duration of each. He spent no more than five seconds looking at them and instead asked, "What is your primary symptom?" That was such a hard question: neck pain, muscle tightness, joint pain, body twitches, weird heart palpitations, migraines, chronic sinus infections, constant asthma attacks, depression, chronic fatigue, symptoms like ADHD and bipolar disorder, and on and on. I picked "swollen knees." He told me I just need to see a rheumatologist and then see other specialists after fixing that symptom. I've since tested positive for Lyme as well as Bartonella and Babesia (co-infections of Lyme) and have been in treatment for 2 years by a LYME LITERATE DOCTOR. Please DO NOT GO TO DR. SALL if you have any Lyme symptoms!!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][308181].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 10, 2014

I left due to the staff and some of their attitudes. ALso,I had labs signed off on and had found errors on them which leads me to believe that they were not looked at carefully enough to notice these huge errors. I really do not need any rude staff and can take my business elsewhere. I have never been treated so poorly like I have when I was here. Good luck getting your labs and if so you better make sure you copy what is being done. Thank god I keep good records and document everything!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][308180].votes_count ]]