Rate Dr. LARRY C. BALLINGER

Dr. LARRY C. BALLINGER's Ratings

Dr Ballanger came highly recommended by my rhumetoligist. She always seems to get me in with the best doctors.Dr Ballanger has been very helpful.

Submitted June 9, 2014 | flag

He explained clearly what x-rays showed, where ligaments, (as well as bones) were broken, how they would heal. He respected my concern about ligaments, where the dr I went to first had been dismissive+unclear. He is excellent at communication. I had a phone conversation with him a couple weeks later, and he was clear, thorough and helpful then too. I had seen him 3 years before for a broken toe, and he was equally clear then about my options, saying it would heal fine without surgery, ending up a little shorter than before, but I needed an orthopedic shoe to keep it flat, all of which worked out well. I should have gone to him initially for this accident, but I've moved far away. Worth the trip. Typical of Scripps, it is too far (200 feet on crutches) from parking to the office, and waiting room lacks chairs within reach of reception desk, to pass forms back+forth. Staff were helpful in carrying forms, but apparently Scripps designers don't know some patients use walkers+crutches.

Submitted April 2, 2014 | flag

Submitted Jan. 8, 2014 | flag

Very knowledgeable. On time. A surgeon who in my case felt surgery was not best answer for a LisFranc Fracture that had not been diagnosed 4 weeks earlier. Liz Franc fractures are one of the most misdiagnosed foot injuries. He explains entire process via x-rays, foot exam, and a Cat Scan. The injury was quite serious. His explanation included what could happen to my arch if I did not follow his medical instructions. He immediately ordered a foot boot and a modern knee cart which is so much better than crutches. I give him the highest marks in all areas of health service.

Submitted May 20, 2012 | flag