Dr. LARRY C. BALLINGER

Grad. Year: 2003

Answers Email: Unknown
Online Appt. Scheduling: Unknown
Accepting New Patients:Y

Rating: 4.0 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 4 reviews. Dr. LARRY C. BALLINGER has a good overall rating on RateMDs.com. smile

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

Podiatrist-related: foot problems, foot surgery, podiatry
The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments
RID: 5550607
09/06/14 5 5 5 5 Dr Ballanger came highly recommended by my rhumetoligist. She always seems to get me in with the best doctors.Dr Ballanger has been very helpful.
Insurance: Tricare
Respond

20/04/14 SYSTEM: 'birds of a feather' score (based on Medicare patients-in-common): 3.7
RID: 5323316
02/04/14 5 5 5 5 He explained clearly what x-rays showed, where ligaments, (as well as bones) were broken, how they would heal. He respected my concern about ligaments, where the dr I went to first had been dismissive+unclear. He is excellent at communication. I had a phone conversation with him a couple weeks later, and he was clear, thorough and helpful then too. I had seen him 3 years before for a broken toe, and he was equally clear then about my options, saying it would heal fine without surgery, ending up a little shorter than before, but I needed an orthopedic shoe to keep it flat, all of which worked out well. I should have gone to him initially for this accident, but I've moved far away. Worth the trip. Typical of Scripps, it is too far (200 feet on crutches) from parking to the office, and waiting room lacks chairs within reach of reception desk, to pass forms back+forth. Staff were helpful in carrying forms, but apparently Scripps designers don't know some patients use walkers+crutches.
Insurance: United Healthcare
RID: 3651161

08/01/14 1 1 1 1
Insurance: Anthem
Paid (or co-pay): $25
Respond

21/10/13 SYSTEM: First Name changed from "LARRY" to "LARRY C."
RID: 2148325
20/05/12 5 5 5 5 Very knowledgeable. On time. A surgeon who in my case felt surgery was not best answer for a LisFranc Fracture that had not been diagnosed 4 weeks earlier. Liz Franc fractures are one of the most misdiagnosed foot injuries. He explains entire process via x-rays, foot exam, and a Cat Scan. The injury was quite serious. His explanation included what could happen to my arch if I did not follow his medical instructions. He immediately ordered a foot boot and a modern knee cart which is so much better than crutches. I give him the highest marks in all areas of health service.
Insurance: Medicare