Rate Dr. Kenneth M. Fink

Dr. Kenneth M. Fink's Ratings

He was OK at first, but then I realized how little he listened to me. He thinks he knows everything and will do everything in his power to try to get you committed if you challenge his knowledge and diagnosis. Example: Handing commitment papers to your family members and telling them to sign them on the spot without explaining to your family exactly what they are for; didn't want to give them a chance to read over them and talk it over first. He changed my medications before I even met him. He immediately took me off of one of them without tapering. Although all of my past doctors unanimously had all diagnosed me with bipolar disorder and still do, while under his care he decided to diagnose me with borderline personality disorder and said that there was no way I had bipolar disorder... He was, however, unable to explain to me why I had to keep taking antipsychotic medications for the supposedly nonexistent bipolar disorder. He said that if I didn't keep taking them he wouldn't let me out of the hospital. All he said was that I had borderline personality disorder because anger was an "issue" with me. Did he expect me to be nice and tell him how great he was after he took me off my medications I've been on for years? When I asked him to pull out any DSM to explain to me exactly what made me have "borderline personality disorder." He looked at me and said "OK, doctor" and continued his questions, putting words in my mouth and asking extremely leading questions. Note: He NEVER pulled out a DSM to explain to me my supposed diagnosis. One thing I'll give him is that he makes some (poor) attempts at humor, but that's it.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2584829].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 20, 2014

Lacks integrity and does not follow-up on patients needs. Don't trust or believe anything he says because it could change the next day.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2578536].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 15, 2014

Please make your comments detailed, helpful and polite. Tell us WHY you rated as you did. This is not the place for reporting illegal activity unless you include a link to a website with supporting evidence. You are legally responsible for what you write here.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][740891].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 8, 2013

Dr. Fink is very helpful and understanding a patient's needs. I, first, met him while I was a patient in the hospital and I was impressed by his intuitiveness & his ability to 'draw' out your feelings. I highly recommend him. Very helpful.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][740890].votes_count ]]