Rate Dr. Barbara Widom

Dr. Barbara Widom's Ratings

I started seeing Dr. Widom in 2011, despite all the negative ratings I saw online. The first few visits I had were fine. She was abrupt and did not spend much time with me (usually less than 10 minutes), but my condition has been under control so this didn't bother me. Today I went for an appointment, and finally got a taste of what the negative reviews were all about. Her office had not received my most recent lab work, and she berated me for not "following up". Apparently their policy is that it is the patient's responsibility, not the office staff, to ensure that lab reports are received (?). Further, she interrupted me repeatedly and wouldn't let me finish a sentence. She finished off the interaction with a thinly-veiled insult, and suggested I should see a GP in my own town. When I told the office staff I won't return, the staff member responded "I'll tell the office manager". She didn't even ask why.

Submitted Oct. 9, 2013 | flag

Submitted May 4, 2013 | flag

This is the worst doctor I have ever seen. She is arrogant and unprofessional. It is totally a waste of time to see her. She does not let me talk and she gave me an option (ultimatum). She would not explain anything to me and left. total time spent was 2 minutes.

Submitted Feb. 5, 2013 | flag

Was very pleased with my first two visits with her. For a Dr, she was prompt but never rushed me while in the office. Gave me ample time to get my history and spend time addressing my issues. Have had Type 1 Diabetes for nearly 40 years, she had great advise and tips and never talked down to me and respected my knowledge of the disease. Would highly reccommend her.

Submitted Jan. 23, 2012 | flag

One of the worst doctors I have ever seen. Both her and her staff was horrible to deal with. Their communication skills are poor and bedside manner I would call none existent. I was referred to her after having thyroid cancer at 22. The last thing I need was an arrogant doctor that was not caring at all. I would not recommend her to my worst enemy. I choose to drive to Denver or Boulder rather than deal with Dr. Widom and her staff.

Submitted Jan. 5, 2012 | flag

Saw Dr. Widom today and she was excellent. I was able to see her due to a cancellation. She took a smart, thoughtful approach to my problem. I found her to be personable and helpful. I wish she weren't so booked up, though!

Submitted Nov. 9, 2011 | flag

I have only had good experiences with Dr. Widom. She's been a good listener and is open to a holistic approach to treatment. She has also provided information and education that is helping me manage my hypothyroidism better than I have been able to while seeing other endocrinologists in the past.

Submitted March 1, 2011 | flag

She is the worst doctor I have encountered and that says a lot after coming from military doctors. My condition is not a common one and I asked her about her experience with it. She assured me that she treated people with it. When I asked questions she obviously did not know the answers and was very rude. She was unable to understand the results and wanted to sent me to someone else because she didn't have experience the condition. Turns out she did not do the tests right and that was after I asked her about it. She berated me and told me she knew what she was doing. Granted I have an uncommon condition, but don't rack up thousands of dollars of my money then say she doesn't understand and or is not interested in learning about it. She is not polite or nice, but that is just her. My problem was her lack of medical knowledge about my problem and not telling me she is not able to treat it.

Submitted July 13, 2010 | flag

I also have never met a more arrogant doctor. I've been with her for years and basically kept telling myself it was worth going through her rudeness but the last visit was it. She accused me of not obeying orders (which I had) and just kept telling me what I needed to do. I felt like a two year old. She then found my records and said she was sorry. Had this been the first time I'd seen her I would have been ok with it but this was like the 20th time she was rude an disrespectful. She needs to start treating patients with some understanding and a bit of compassion. I would never recommend her to anyone.

Submitted June 22, 2010 | flag

I have been going to her for many many years and have finally had it with her attitude. I'm tired of being accused of things that were NOT my fault. I'm tired of her uncaring attitude and harshness.

Submitted March 31, 2010 | flag