Dr. Douglas E. Politz

Grad. Year: 1995

Answers Email: Unknown
Online Appt. Scheduling: Unknown
Accepting New Patients:Y

Rating: 5.0 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 19 reviews. Dr. Douglas E. Politz has an excellent overall rating on RateMDs.com. smile

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

Q: Is this doctor the absolute best in parathyroid surgery?    Email me    Answer it    See answers

Endocrinologist-related: Cushing's syndrome, hyperthyroidism, hypogonadism, metabolic bone disease, diabetes mellitus, pituitary dysfunction, neuroendocrinology, diabetes, pancreas, pituitary gland, ovaries, testes, thyroid, adrenal glands
The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments
RID: 5474055
24/05/14 5 5 5 5 Thank God for the team at the Norman Parathyroid Center!!! I'm from Toronto, Canada and I had no idea my parathyroid mass would be complicated until after I woke up from surgery. The inexperienced doctors here (who all claimed to be experts) made a mess of my case by doing biopsy (4 needles!) on a parathyroid cyst, which they had incorrectly diagnosed as thyroid cysts. The biopsies made the fluid from the parathyroid mass leak around the thyroid and vocal cord nerve and created a larger mass which turned a straight forward MIRP surgery into microscopic surgery, which took longer, and was much more complicated. (If you have a parathyroid problem, don't get any biopsies!!!) Dr. Norman and Dr. Politz did an amazing job removing the mass intact and did not damage my vocal cord nerve. I can still speak!!! I am very lucky I went to Tampa. Thanks to all the good people at NPC and TGH who took care of me like Family. Pray you fall into good hands, and choose your Surgeon wisely. God Bless.  Respond
RID: 5487481
20/05/14 5 5 5 5 My wife recently had surgery at the Norman Parathyroid Center (NPC) at the Tampa General Hospital (TGH) in Tampa FL to treat hyperparathyroidism. Our dealings with Dr. Politz and Dr. Norman and the NPC have been wonderful since we first sought them out , following an earlier unsuccessful procedure done prior to our introduction to the NPC. Dr. Politz was present before , during , and after the procedure , and took the time to explain all points related to this condition and their solution to it. Dr. Politz displayed confidence & professionalism throughout the process & Procedure. The positive effects of her physical progress after the procedure have been noticeable and continue. The only thing we would have done differently , had we known , was to have come to the NPC in the first place. Thank You Dr. Politz and the staff at the NPC.
RID: 5460276
09/05/14 5 5 5 5 Dr. Politz called me for my telephone consultation prior to scheduling my surgery. I felt very comfortable asking him questions and did not feel rushed at all. I would highly recommend him.
Insurance: Humana
RID: 5435940
30/04/14 5 5 5 5 I felt comfortable with the complete process because Dr. Politz answered all my concerns, questions and has very positive experience with curing hyperparathyroidism.
Insurance: United Healthcare
RID: 5350682
16/04/14 5 5 5 5 Very professional. I would recommend Dr. Politz and his associates to everyone.  Respond
RID: 5319711
31/03/14 5 5 5 5 Coming from nearly 30 years in the medical field, I can easily recommend Dr. Politz and the Parathyroid Center in Tampa, Florida. If you want to know about parathyroid disease and how it affects our daily lives, I highly suggest you look at parathyroid.com website. It could save your life. These surgeons have taken on this disease and made it a simple cure. They have shown my husband and I both professionalism and courtesy. I can now feel well and spread the word about the cure for this often undiagnosed and mistreated disease. I feel like one of the lucky ones. I flew from Redding California to have the surgery done by the experts. The entire experience was above expectation. I cannot rate these physicians highly enough. I would like to simply say thank-you for giving me back my life.
RID: 5287748
20/03/14 5 5 5 5 Dr. Politz was my surgeon when I had my parathyroid tumor removed on St. Patricks Day. He thoroughly explained what he was going to do, had a great bedside manner and answered all my questions and spent plenty of time with me. Both he and the nurses were wonderful to me and they got a kick out of my St. Patricks day attire. I would definitely recommend him to anyone.
RID: 5276121
18/03/14 5 5 5 5 Dr. Politz conducted the surgery interview and was the lead surgeon in my parathyroid surgery. He had called and done an interview with me three weeks prior to the surgery. He covered again in person the details of what would happen in each step of the process. He checked in on me three times in pre-op. Very personable and reassuring. The surgery was very successful. I now feel better than I have in 5 years. It was worth flying out from California to have the best team do this surgery.
Respond

23/02/14 SYSTEM: 'birds of a feather' score (based on Medicare patients-in-common): 4.8
RID: 5205133
22/02/14 5 5 5 5 Dr Politz and Dr Lopez were amazing. Dr Politz was great and kind and helpful. I didn't have any visits with him before the surgery, but felt like I had a long standing relationship with him the moment we first talked. These guys know you come from miles away, suffering due to pHPT and stressed by the travel and surgery. They do everything to make you feel calm and relaxed and they do this surgery really well. I had to pay a little extra out of pocket as they weren't in my network but I feel like it was worth every penny.
Insurance: United Healthcare
RID: 3619361
26/11/13 5 5 5 5 Great doctor and staff. Easy to talk to and shows a general concern for you.
RID: 3607776
17/11/13 5 5 5 5 Excellent doctor/surgeon. I traveled from Virginia to Florida specifically to be treated by the doctors at the Norman Parathyroid Center. Best decision I made! Don't hesitate to make the trip if you are out of town. Dr. Politz and a fellow surgeon, Dr. Jose A. Lopez performed by surgery. They are very skilled, knowledgable, thoughtgul and easy to talk to. I highly recommed Dr. Politz and the doctors of the Norman Parathyroid Center!
Insurance: Anthem
Respond

20/10/13 SYSTEM: First Name changed from "Douglas" to "Douglas E."
RID: 2426832
17/09/12 5 5 5 5 My experience with Dr. Politz was the best ever he was respectful, caring and calming with a condition that was never diagnosised for over ten years. I have my life back and even better-Thank you.
RID: 2147756
19/05/12 5 5 5 5 My surgery went extremely well. The doctors and staff exceeded my expectations, and made the entire experience stress free. The facility was state of the art, and very warm and inviting. I cannot express how well everything went. It really showed how a caring staff and doctors can affect a patient. I also found Dr. Norman's videos informative. From the drive in, and tour of the facility, to the surgery and recovery. A+++++ positive experience.
Respond

01/12/11 SYSTEM: Specialty changed from "Surgeon (General)" to "Endocrinologist"
RID: 1442840
17/05/11 5 5 5 5 HIGHLY RECOMMENDED. After going into my surgery blinded (did not meet the doctor other than a phone call) Dr. Doug Politz and Dr. Jose Lopez, and his staff were very, very helpful and knowledgeable. Sometimes this is a scary thought, not to meet the Dr’s prior to surgery, but it wasn’t, in this case. The operation for Parathyroid only takes about an hour, or so, and the nurses and staff at Tampa General were fantastic and created GREAT teamwork. Should you have your Doctor recommend that you would need this procedure, I would highly recommend Dr.’s Politz and Lopez.  Respond
RID: 1425521
26/04/11 5 5 5 5 I had parathyroid surgery on April 21, 2011. In a word my total experience,with the Norman Parathyroid Center, from start to finish was excellent and far exceeded my expectations. Dr Politz is a gifted surgeon. When I first met Dr Politz and discussed my surgery with him, I began to feel as if I was talking with an old friend, one that you could trust. His bedside manner is by far the best I have ever encountered. Dr Politz has performed thousands of parathyroid surgeries and that experience and knowledge provided me with a tremendous level of confidence. He took the time to explain the surgery,discuss my scan, and answer my questios. He was never in a hurry. I spoke with him several times the day of surgey. I was kept well informed. I spoke with Dr Politz after surgery and he called my home to check on me that night. The surgery was successful and I feel fantastic, better than I have felt for a long time. I highly recommend the services of the Norman Parathyroid Center and Dr Politz  Respond
RID: 1287946
06/11/10 5 5 5 5 The Parathyroid Center and its staff are excellent and professional. Everything positively exceeded my expectations.
Paid (or co-pay): $750
RID: 1203148
07/07/10 5 5 5 5 I was newly diagnosed with parathyroid disease although I'd had symptoms for years. I went for treatment to the Norman Parathyroid Clinic after reading every word on the parathyroid.com website. Within 10 minutes of my arrival for parathyroid surgery, I met Dr. Politz. Dr. Politz was one of the two surgeons that attend to each parathyroidectomy at the clinic. The warmth and compassion of his greeting, and his clear explanation of the procedure left me confident and comfortable with the outcome of this surgery. After the brief surgery, I am 100% a new person - just as he said. I am cured of every ache and pain in my bones, and the "fog" is lifting from my brain with each hour. Anyone with parathyroid disease will understand what I mean! I would highly recommend Dr. Politz and the Norman Parathyroid Clinic to anyone!
RID: 1084213
20/01/10 5 5 5 5 Since I live locally I was fortunate to be able to meet Dr. Politz in person in his office for my pre-surgery consultation. One cannot help but be completely at ease with Dr. Politz. He is extremely knowledgeable, informative and yet very friendly and approachable. He answered all of my questions and then some. There was no question in my mind that he and Dr. Norman would be performing my surgery. My surgery went extremely well and now more than ever could not even imagine using any other surgery team for parathyroid surgery.
RID: 1028694
08/11/09 5 5 5 5 Everything went as advertised and it was the easiest surgery I have ever experienced. Full explanations every step of the way and a real respect for his patients. Great personal touch and availability before and after surgery was unbelievable.
Insurance: Humana