Rate Dr. Douglas E. Politz

Dr. Douglas E. Politz's Ratings

Thank God for the team at the Norman Parathyroid Center!!! I'm from Toronto, Canada and I had no idea my parathyroid mass would be complicated until after I woke up from surgery. The inexperienced doctors here (who all claimed to be experts) made a mess of my case by doing biopsy (4 needles!) on a parathyroid cyst, which they had incorrectly diagnosed as thyroid cysts. The biopsies made the fluid from the parathyroid mass leak around the thyroid and vocal cord nerve and created a larger mass which turned a straight forward MIRP surgery into microscopic surgery, which took longer, and was much more complicated. (If you have a parathyroid problem, don't get any biopsies!!!) Dr. Norman and Dr. Politz did an amazing job removing the mass intact and did not damage my vocal cord nerve. I can still speak!!! I am very lucky I went to Tampa. Thanks to all the good people at NPC and TGH who took care of me like Family. Pray you fall into good hands, and choose your Surgeon wisely. God Bless.

Submitted May 24, 2014 | flag

My wife recently had surgery at the Norman Parathyroid Center (NPC) at the Tampa General Hospital (TGH) in Tampa FL to treat hyperparathyroidism. Our dealings with Dr. Politz and Dr. Norman and the NPC have been wonderful since we first sought them out , following an earlier unsuccessful procedure done prior to our introduction to the NPC. Dr. Politz was present before , during , and after the procedure , and took the time to explain all points related to this condition and their solution to it. Dr. Politz displayed confidence & professionalism throughout the process & Procedure. The positive effects of her physical progress after the procedure have been noticeable and continue. The only thing we would have done differently , had we known , was to have come to the NPC in the first place. Thank You Dr. Politz and the staff at the NPC.

Submitted May 20, 2014 | flag

Dr. Politz called me for my telephone consultation prior to scheduling my surgery. I felt very comfortable asking him questions and did not feel rushed at all. I would highly recommend him.

Submitted May 9, 2014 | flag

I felt comfortable with the complete process because Dr. Politz answered all my concerns, questions and has very positive experience with curing hyperparathyroidism.

Submitted April 30, 2014 | flag

Very professional. I would recommend Dr. Politz and his associates to everyone.

Submitted April 16, 2014 | flag

Dr. Politz was my surgeon when I had my parathyroid tumor removed on St. Patricks Day. He thoroughly explained what he was going to do, had a great bedside manner and answered all my questions and spent plenty of time with me. Both he and the nurses were wonderful to me and they got a kick out of my St. Patricks day attire. I would definitely recommend him to anyone.

Submitted March 20, 2014 | flag

Dr. Politz conducted the surgery interview and was the lead surgeon in my parathyroid surgery. He had called and done an interview with me three weeks prior to the surgery. He covered again in person the details of what would happen in each step of the process. He checked in on me three times in pre-op. Very personable and reassuring. The surgery was very successful. I now feel better than I have in 5 years. It was worth flying out from California to have the best team do this surgery.

Submitted March 18, 2014 | flag

Dr Politz and Dr Lopez were amazing. Dr Politz was great and kind and helpful. I didn't have any visits with him before the surgery, but felt like I had a long standing relationship with him the moment we first talked. These guys know you come from miles away, suffering due to pHPT and stressed by the travel and surgery. They do everything to make you feel calm and relaxed and they do this surgery really well. I had to pay a little extra out of pocket as they weren't in my network but I feel like it was worth every penny.

Submitted Feb. 22, 2014 | flag

Great doctor and staff. Easy to talk to and shows a general concern for you.

Submitted Nov. 26, 2013 | flag

Excellent doctor/surgeon. I traveled from Virginia to Florida specifically to be treated by the doctors at the Norman Parathyroid Center. Best decision I made! Don't hesitate to make the trip if you are out of town. Dr. Politz and a fellow surgeon, Dr. Jose A. Lopez performed by surgery. They are very skilled, knowledgable, thoughtgul and easy to talk to. I highly recommed Dr. Politz and the doctors of the Norman Parathyroid Center!

Submitted Nov. 17, 2013 | flag