Rate Dr. Leila H. Zackrison

Dr. Leila H. Zackrison's Ratings

I was a patient of Dr. Z for 7 1/2 years. At times I seemed to get better, but I am still sick. I've paid thousands of dollars doing IVs and taking supplements sold only in her store. She charges exorbitant prices to see patients. Maybe she used to care about her patients, but no more. My last visit was last week and she fired me from her practice because I could not pay the full fee at the time. I've been on disability for almost six months and just didn't have the money. She cancelled all my prescriptions, pulled my PICC line and fired me. After over seven years, this was the first and only time I could not pay. So now I believe she is only about the money. A doctor with only $ signs in her eyes and no compassion and no ethics. She did me a big favor! I know I'll get better without her.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2537480].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 15, 2014

I struggled for 3.5 years to get a diagnoses. Once I found Dr. Z I thought I finally found a doctor that was going to help me. What happened was I spent over $10,000 on appointments, IV treatments, supplements, and lots of tests in addition to having surgery and ending up in the ER - all of this in just 6 MONTHS. B/t prescriptions, supps, powders for medical shakes and tincture drops I was taking 52 different things/day. All of it was killing my liver, too many things outside norm on blood work and telling her how terrible I feel with major weight loss and nausea and NO sense of urgency. Keep getting IV's and taking supps "you'll feel worse before you feel better". In others words, keep paying $$$. I sat next to too many people getting treated for too many years that haven't gotten any better. She's not only taking people's savings, but taking people's health and I can't think of anything worse. At Johns Hopkins now, I DON'T have Lyme's like she said, only Lupus. FEEL SO MUCH BETTER

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2461565].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 11, 2014

If you or a loved one truly want to get better or treat/diagnose an illneas, do NOT go to Dr. Zackrison!! She try to trick/force you into outrageously priced snake oil. Dr. Z practices HOMEOPATHY. Not only has there never been a scientific study that proves homeopathy does anything, but it is literally NONSENSE. The whole premise is that diluting substances makes them sfronger, it's complete quackery. She'll try to sell you a bunch of bottles and tinctures of WATER with literally no active ingredients. This whole practice is a scam; she should lose her license. She takes advantage of people desparate to feel better and treat miserable illnesses, all to make a quick buck. Her practice doesnt submit anything to any insurance companies, so dont expect anything to be covered when you go there. You'll have to pay hundreds in cash just to listen to this crazy fraud for 20 minutes. Please save your time and money and go to a real doctor (google "why homeopathy doesnt work" and read a bit...).

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2020246].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 21, 2014

Dr. Z is the best Dr. in the country. I have been going to Dr.Z for six years, that may sound bad, but not after you hear my back story. I was an invalid and the medical community could do nothing with me or even diagnose me. I am now able to function and enjoy life again. Dr. Z gave me my life back. While going there I have met many, many patients, I have had long discussions with them regarding their problems and their treatments. I have yet to find one that was unhappy with Dr.Z's treatment. I have taken my wife and son, both for problems that the mainstream medical community could only relieve, not cure. Dr. Z cured the of things that the mainstream medical community could never even diagnose. I went to Dr. Joseph Burrescano for years and when he could do no more for me, Dr.Z took over she brought me up and up to new levels of health. Furthermore, she is a devoted Christian, not only in word, but in deed. I cannot recommend her high enough.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2020243].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 6, 2013

This place is an endless money pit. I read so many reviews on her and still went to her as a patient out of desperation. She did nothing for me to help my condition. I spent so much money for treatments and supplements (which she sells in her office that you can't find anywhere else) and if you don't, she threatens to dismiss you. She does not take insurance! After spending $100,000+ for these treatments, I couldn't do it anymore. I went to another doctor, stopped taking all the medications she gave me and I am now finally better. All Dr Z will do is leave you more sick and poor. This practice is depressing and great for those that want to sit there and whine about how sick they are and for those that really don't want to get better. So many patients left while I was there because they never got better. It took me a while to finally leave because Dr Z kept telling me she could cure me. This is the worst place you can possibly go if your mental and physical health matter to you.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2020245].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 11, 2012

After many years I've seen this practice change, not for the better. Now going to different drs after being sick with acute Lyme/co-infections NOT treated. Very disappointed after going through so much, including when her license was in jeopardy. It seems to be about money now, not treatment. Since I'm still sick after all these years I wonder if it ever was. Looking back I guess treatment and getting well always were lacking. If super expensive vitamins are what you're in the market for, you're in the right place. Color me jaded and withdraw my positive rating below.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2020242].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 16, 2011

I was a patient of Dr. Zackrison's when she first opened her practice at a small office in Arlington, VA. Initially, she was a helpful and caring doctor. As her patient numbers grew, so did her prices! She eliminated taking insurance and further claimed that patients could not file their Medicare claims on their own. I am a victim of cancer, heart condition, and Rheumatoid Arthritis. Although she made attempts to keep the pain in check, she dropped me from her practice without warning and gave me no accounting for her actions. Her dismissal left me in severe pain without the chance to locate a new doctor. She is unfair, unconcerned and greedy. Her practice centers around money from every side. She did not ever zero in on the source of my disease. She pushes patients to buy from her supplement store, since she writes the list of recommended supplements on your file&there is no other place to come by these powders and pills except at her store. Just another way to soak her patients.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2020244].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 10, 2011

STAY AWAY! DR. Z MUST LIVE A VERY NICE LIFESTYLE WITH WHAT SHE CHARGES HER PATIENTS FOR TESTING AND VISITS NOT COVERED BY INSURANCE. I WAS BIT BY A TICK AND NOT SURE IF I HAD LYME OR NOT. THE ANTIBIOTIC SHE PUT ME ON DOXYCYCLINE HYCLATE MADE ME SO ILL AND IT ACTUALLY MIMICS THE SYMPTOMS OF LYME. SORE JOINTS AND ALL. DO NOT BE TAKEN BY THIS DOCTOR WHO IS GETTING RICH OFF OF POOR PATIENTS THAT BELIEVE IN HER. GO SEE A GOOD INFECTIOUS DISEASE DOCTOR THAT TAKES YOUR INSURANCE!!!!!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2020241].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 20, 2010

Dr. Zackrison sold me lots of vitamins and herbs,diagnosed me without much thought, left me sick.Her bottom line is money and if you don't have much, they don't want you as a patient.Just about every one of her patients I met are diagnosed with the same thing. She tells them they will get well but thousands of dollars and many IVs later they are still sick but paying out big time money just to see her.This doctor does not except insurance so she can make more money ripping off the most vulnerable.Her staff is ruse and uncaring, just like her.Save your money. Go to a doctor who cares and has ethics.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2020240].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 30, 2010

I would not recommend going to her, I spent $10,000 in 6 months and didn't get better. She told me things that didn't make sense, put me on a high dosage of antibiotics (which I can no longer take because I built up a resistance). I also did 6 months of IV treatment, very expensive and not worth it. I am now Lyme free after going the homeopathic route. Save your money and your time, do your research and look into natural ways of getting better.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2020239].votes_count ]]