Dr. DEBBIE L. AMUNDSON

Grad. Year:

Answers Email: Unknown
Online Appt. Scheduling: Unknown
Accepting New Patients:Y

Rating: 2.9 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 8 reviews. Dr. DEBBIE L. AMUNDSON has a fair overall rating on RateMDs.com. neutral

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

Dentist-related: cavities, gum disease, teeth cleaning, dental care, gingivitis
The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments
RID: 3617153
23/11/13 1 2 1 1 I went to this office not expecting to see 2 dogs running around. Expect xrays the old fashion way. It took them 1 hr to do xray on me my mouth was all cut up afterwards. It was so painful. Also expect to have a 2 dogs looking at you while your getting this done. The assistant was kinda rough while doing my exam. No bedside manner at all. Dr. Amundson seem very nice. Expect to pay money after your visit. For some apparent reason they know how much your insurance will discount for the visit and so they are expecting the balance up front before you leave.Very pushy kinda like going to buy a car.
Insurance: AARP
RID: 3611160
20/11/13 4 3 5 4 Dr Amundson appears to be a good dentist; howver, I do have two issues; one being that it is very cold in the waiting room, especially in the colder months. The second is the fact that Dr Debbie has her two small fury dogs which walk around the office and tbe rooms where the patients are. I do like dogs; however, this makes for an unsanitary environment.
RID: 3600564
09/11/13 3 4 5 5 receptionist/office manager is aggressive. Doctor is nice enough, she's kinda rough on her assistants though.
Paid (or co-pay): $150
Respond

21/10/13 SYSTEM: First Name changed from "DEBBIE" to "DEBBIE L."

10/09/13 SYSTEM: City changed from "NEW HOPE" to "Minneapolis"
RID: 2390714
01/08/12 2 3 3 3 She has a pretty snippity bedside manor. She seems very argumenative...Her assistant is not gentle, nor does she seem like she has been doing the job very long. I agree she doesn't know how to control pain very well.
Insurance: United Healthcare
RID: 2055415
20/04/12 2 4 3 3 They really push having extra procedures (that your insurance doesn't cover) done. Felt like they were trying to squeeze as much $ out of us as possible. Receptionist is pushy. Don't really feel comfortable there.
Paid (or co-pay): $500
RID: 1558259
11/10/11 3 4 3 2 My problem was more with her assistant. An area was numbed that didn't need to be by the direction of the assistant. Another time, was told incorrect information by the same assistant about which teeth would have a crown and which would have a new filling.
RID: 1271729
14/10/10 4 4 2 2 I had two crowns done by Dr. Amundson, a horrible experience. Dr. Amundson uses a lab to create the crowns, which means you go in, take impressions, have her prep the tooth, then use a temporary crown (which for me fell off often) for a week while you wait for the lab to deliver the real crown. That was bad enough, but then she put in one of the crowns incorrectly, so when I came in for a 1 week followup she had to take new impressions, drill the crown away, and I had to wait another week with a temp until the new crown arrived. I've since moved away, HOWEVER, every dentist I have seen since has recommended to replace one of the crowns Dr. Amundson put in, due to a bad fit and risk of decay. Note that now when I look for a dentist, I look for one who has a mill. They take 3D images of the tooth, and the computer creates the crown right in front of you. It gets milled, they put it in, and you are done in one day. I just had one done this way, and it made a world of a difference.  Respond
RID: 1257782
24/09/10 5 5 3 2 The environment was very clean, staff was super nice but Dr. had bad bedside manner and does not know how to control pain...beware  Respond
* - Rating left by a registered user