Rate Dr. Robert E. Anderson

Dr. Robert E. Anderson's Ratings

I got pregnant on the first IVF at 39 years old with Dr. Anderson's help. He is very knowledgable and doesn't compromise on quality. He insist on the best methodology and protocol for the best results. I like the fact that he does not batch his IVF patients. Everyone is on they own natural cycle and you don't feel like a widget in an assembly line. I love the staff and the nurses. They are very helpful and professional. They had two offices when I was with them and it was very convenient to not have to drive to Newport Beach every day. It was very helpful that they open so early in the morning so that I could get to work by 8am.

Submitted Aug. 7, 2014 | flag

I have done a total of 4 iuis with Dr A, moving on to IVF is this last one doesn't work. Love the girls in the front office, they are cheerful and very helpful with scheduling and questions. I appreciate that they are open so early, and have two locations. I normally have less than a 10 minute wait. Nurses are very nice. Especially Tory and Karen. They are really good at what they do too. When they do the bloodwork you can barely feel the prick of the needle. I will tell you the Dr A. is all business. He is analytical with the occasional smile or joke... but don't expect him to hold your hand and talk about your feelings and how hard infertility is. He is focused on one thing... getting you prego. Sometimes he appears to be aloof,I don't take it personally. The nurses really smooth out his rough edges. He does have the highest published success rates here in the OC. He also give a cash discount to those that have no insurance coverage, which is helpful.

Submitted Sept. 15, 2011 | flag

I can't write too much because I only went to him for a consult and never returned. My consult was short and after a brief talk in his office he performed an ultrasound. After getting dressed I assumed I would get more time to talk about my questions but when I opened the door he was standing next to a counter with a pamphlet in his hands and told me to go read it, rather than talk to me about the information in it. I was so furious. He was leaving for Europe the next day and I don't know if he was in hurry to start his vacation or what but I never went back. He also assumed I needed to be treated with medication for a condition that would have made me become hyperthyroid. Anderson was our 2nd opinion consult and this visit was an affirmation that in spite of his higher success rates I choose an RE that I felt more comfortable with. The nurse was super nice and I think she was trying to make up for his lack of demeanor...not enough to make us want to switch.

Submitted Aug. 19, 2011 | flag

Dr. Anderson has been an amazing doctor and person. Answering every question and holding our hands through each step. Come in with realistic expectations and respect for the process and you will be completely satisfied. While other doctors push you into more invasive proceedures Dr. Anderson respects a patients beliefs and comfort levels.

Submitted Nov. 20, 2010 | flag

I got IUI done by dr anderson. it worked the first time. he does great work and his nurses are amazing, his receptionst in the newport office during the week are very rude. but his other staff is amazing

Submitted Nov. 9, 2010 | flag

Dr anderson himself was very frank and straightforward, I really appreciated his no-BS attitude. He answered every question I had thoroughly in plain English and he didn't sugar-coat things. He's professional and had great bedside manner. His nurses are kind, caring and put me at ease during my IVF, which often had me feeling anxious and uncomfortable physically. Several times I had questions on my meds and called and was able to talk to a nurse immediately or get a callback with in 15 minutes. Also having 2 office locations is very convenient.

Submitted Aug. 27, 2010 | flag

I usually don't post comments, but thought that I "owed" it to Dr. Anderson and his staff to share my positive experience. I had seen over three physicians in the course of a decade trying to become pregnant. All other attempts (by other physicians) were unsuccessful, until I started working with Dr. Anderson's office. Now, I am pregnant and absolutely thrilled beyond words. Thankfully, I had received two other positive recommendations from friends steering me to him. I appreciate the professionalism of his office and trust him and his staff. I would whole-heartedly recommend Dr. Anderson!

Submitted Aug. 1, 2010 | flag

Dr. Anderson did not check on my file before conducting an IVF. Did not warn us about risks of doing an IVF with a faulty tube - we would have requested it would be removed before we paid to do an IVF. IVF resulted in an ectopic, and during exam - Dr. Anderson said "I don't think I put it there?". Upon exiting the room he then consulted my file and said "oh, that is right, you have weird tube". I then had to go into surgery to remove my left tube and the ectopic pregnancy. He stated he would help us out with the next IVF due to him "not knowing if he put it there" and when we went into consultation he denied the offer. Several friends have since met with him during consultations - I have asked them to ask about his ectopic pregnancy rate. Each time he has said he has never had one. When they say my name - each time he say "I don't remember her". Now why would you want to go to a doctor that isn't honest?

Submitted Aug. 20, 2009 | flag

Dr Anderson was very unwelcoming. He seemed to believe that he was the expert and noone else could possibly be right (even though other experts don't always agree with him or each other). He was quite rude to us and we almost walked out of the appointment multiple times. We will find a different infertility specialist.

Submitted July 24, 2009 | flag

Dr. Anderson is a knowledgeable doctor. He is a partner of the infertility doctor we are currently with. I will agree with another poster that Dr. Anderson is more interested in what his best options are as opposed to what his patients want. He is very rigid in his approach and leaves no room for flexibility that might be important to his patients. We have a condition that may only render one birth attempt. Dr. Anderson was unwilling to concede that we might want to try for twins as opposed to just one child. There were no more health risks with one child than with twins. Furthermore, we "interviewed" 3 doctors and he was the ONLY doctor to not diagnose a particular condition and recommend tests to further explore it. This condition could be problematic down the line and cause miscarriage and additional ivf cycles.

Submitted July 22, 2009 | flag