Dr. Sam Gilani

Los Angeles, California Map External Link
Gender:M
Specialty:Periodontist (gums)
Website: dentalimplants90210... External Link
Practice: Sam Gilani, DMD, MS - Beverly Hills Center for Periodontics and Implantology
Hospital:
Phone:310-274-1047
Med. School:
Grad. Year: 1988

Answers Email: Unknown
Online Appt. Scheduling: Unknown
Accepting New Patients:Y

Profile updated 16/01/14    Submit profile update    Subscribe to profile updates

Rating: 3.9 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 11 reviews. Dr. Sam Gilani has a good overall rating on RateMDs.com. smile

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

Periodontist (gums)-related: gum disease, gingivitist
The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments
RID: 4750115
05/02/14 5 5 5 5 Dr. Sam Gilani is a knowledgeable and experienced periodontist and dental implant surgeon. My procedure was performed perfectly. I had no pain following the procedure. His minimally invasive technique truly works. There is no downtime and the healing was much faster then I have ever experienced following a dental procedure. I Highly recommend Dr. Sam Gilani.
Insurance: Blue Cross / Blue Shield
RID: 3586471
25/10/13 5 5 5 5 Dr. Sam Gilani is such an impeccable surgeon and a heartfelt man. His bedside mannerism is reminiscent of a bygone era. Dr. Sam Gilani gave me as much time as I needed and answered all my questions. He is so meticulous and knowledgeable its truly comforting. He personally called me after the procedure to see how I was doing (who does that anymore?)Dr. Gilani's staff is extremely warm and inviting and his practice affords personal attention through out the period you are under his care and beyond. If you need dental implants he is the one to go to.
RID: 2691479

22/06/13 1 1 1 1   Respond
RID: 2552447
06/02/13 5 5 5 5 I had the Pillar Procedure done by Dr. Sam Gilani and it worked wonderfully -- I no longer have sleep apnea at all. I really wanted to stop using the CPAP because it was such a pain. I got a new sleep test about six months after the procedure, and my sleep apnea was gone! The reason I waited six months was so that scar tissue can form around the pillars, which is what makes the whole thing work in the soft palate. Ingenious. The procedure was quite painless and quick. My throat was sore for a couple of days afterward but that was no big deal. Dr. Sam Gilani and his staff are fabulous. They really were caring, and they even checked in with me a couple of times afterward just to make sure I was doing fine. I can't recommend Dr. Sam Gilani enough; he's so knowledgeable and also really nice. The Pillar Procedure works in 85% of cases -- which means it doesn't work in 15%. Those numbers are based on some very good studies. I figured it was totally worth trying. And yippee, I ended up in the 85%.
Insurance: Blue Cross / Blue Shield
Respond

14/11/12 SYSTEM: 2 positive duplicate or disallowed ratings automatically removed
RID: 2427861
18/09/12 5 5 5 5 Dr. Sam Gilani is the best Doctor I have been to. He is knowledgeable and more than willing to educate the patient with his knowledge. What a breath of fresh air compared to other doctors and dental clinics who can't be bothered to take the time to explain your condition and treatment options. Dr. Sam Gilani is also a highly skilled dental implant surgeon. He performed the procedure flawlessly. r. Sam Gilani is simply the best dental implant surgeon in Beverly Hills. No one even comes close o can match the number of dental implants he has placed, more than 14000. Next time your dentist offers to place dental implants for you do yourself a favor an ask how many they have actually placed.
Insurance: Aetna
Respond

11/09/12 SYSTEM: Specialty changed from "Oral Surgeon" to "Periodontist"
RID: 2173569
30/05/12 5 5 5 5 I had a terrific experience in this office. The staff and hygienist are all very nice and personable but the real star of hte show is the doctor. His masterful technique in extractions and bone grafting are bar none. I am very lucky to have found him.
Insurance: Delta Dental
RID: 1823406
29/03/12 5 5 5 5 Dr Gilani is the best doctor I have ever been to. The procedure was painless and performed flawlessly. I didn't experience any pain after the procedure either. Didn't even need so much as an aspirin. I highly recommend this doctor.
RID: 1664622
18/12/11 5 5 5 5 Excellent doctor. A master at his craft. Dr. Gilani has placed over 14000 dental implants. You will be in the best of hands. He is also the pioneer of minimally invasive micro surgery. I can honestly say that I didn't experience any pain and didn't even need pain medicine after the procedure. They also have a flexiblepayment plan.  Respond
RID: 1486006
13/07/11 5 5 5 5 Hands down best doctor I been too! I can truly say that Dr Gilani has given me something that I thought impossible to obtain--a beautiful, healthy smile. Over a three year period Dr Gilani and his team provided me implants, crowns, bridges, and even Bone J! Having had extremely bad dental experiences in the past I came to his office very apprehensive and fearful. He displayed the highest professional skills and sensitivity to my anxiety and that quickly built my trust in him as a competent and caring professional. He made me feel I had come to the right person for care. His entire office staff was always professional and friendly. He is truly a professional on top of his game providing leadership and direction within a cutting edge practice. I now have a beautiful, healthy smile and recommend Dr. Gilani to anyone looking for the best outcome possible!!  Respond
RID: 1430563

02/05/11 1 1 1 1
Insurance: Aetna
Paid (or co-pay): $5500
RID: 1316664
17/12/10 1 5 1 1 Went for LOW COST implants. Was not told the truth by the staff and ended up with a loan for more than the services and after paying $4k. They did not provide ins co with what they wanted so primary PPO didnt pay properly, almost nothing, and they NEVER submitted to secondary PPO. (they stated they would submit to all insurance companies.) They didnt respond to complaints when I called and called they said I Was almost harrassing. (Just because I wanted them to do what they said they would do.) they advertise on KFI640am to this day.
Paid (or co-pay): $10500