Dr. Joseph G. Mayo

Rate Dr. Joseph G. Mayo

Dr. Joseph G. Mayo's Ratings

An excellent doctor, and a lot of fun! He did my surgery and I'm doing fantastic. His staff is wonderful and very helpful.

Submitted Nov. 9, 2010 | flag

Dr. Mayo is in a class by himself - he is an exceptional surgeon - well worth the waiting room wait!

Submitted March 27, 2009 | flag

after getting the run around by another very young doctor that misdiagnosed myseverely painful rotator cuff injury and wanted me to just do therapy when i could not move my arm at all, I was recommended to Dr Mayo. First visit diagnosed on the money what was wrong scheduled for surgery quickly and have never had a problem with it since. Dr Mayo is an awesome doctor. Nice, funny and smart.

Submitted June 27, 2008 | flag

I have been to lots of Orthos and he is definitely the best. He listens, is a great diagnostician, good sense of humor, and is the last of a vanishing breed of doctors that really truly care about people. His patients and their problems are important to him and he makes you feel that way. Great surgeon and wonderful bedside manner. Wish more physicians were like him.

Submitted Aug. 20, 2007 | flag

Truth be told, you may wait to see him. However, I have been going to him since 1997 and have always met someone in the waiting room who has moved to another state, but still returns for his care. I visited 25 orthopedics before him, none knew what was wrong with me. He did on the first visit, he fixed it ten years ago and it has never bothered me again. I've strayed to other doctor's when my insurance didn't cover him and was horrified at the experience. He is the best Ortho, has the most knowledge, is an excellent surgeon AND has wonderful bed side manner. Who knew a doctor could have all of these attributes?

Submitted April 2, 2007 | flag

The guy is a stellar diagnostician and ortho surgeon to the city. You go in with something wrong and you leave knowing more about the medicine than most most GP's. Great with kids. Draws illustrationss of what's broken or pulled on their limbs to illustrate the problem. Sometimes it washes off. Take the time to listen and yes, takes the time to talk.

Submitted Feb. 22, 2006 | flag