Rate Dr. Damon R. Salzman

Dr. Damon R. Salzman's Ratings

Wow! What a really amazing guy. Not only did he diagnose my problem quickly, but he avoided excessive testing, and did it all with a smile! I have nothing but great things to say. Definitely recommend him to family and friends.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2648711].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 10, 2014

I can't possibly understand the negative comment written by someone else here. They are either confusing him w/ someone else or the patient is just a difficult person. I have nothing but positive things to say about Dr. Salzman. He helped my Dad tremendously. He did what I would have expected a good doctor to do, he tried to rule out other medical conditions become coming to conclusion that my Dad had Alzm. He is incredibly compassionate and treats my Dad with the upmost respect. My only complaint is NOT about him but that since he is working part-time (to care for his own sick parents), the last time we saw him he was now working on a big neurologist office and the nursing staff there just weren't as great as the ones he had when he worked at Memorial Hospital. But, I wouldn't stop seeing him because of that.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][311264].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 5, 2013

Dr. Salzman has been great. I spent close to 10 years and thousands on psychiatrists, psychologists, therapists and doctors who, in retrospect, were merely pompous, incompetent grifters looking to make a buck off a moderately sick individual. Dr. Salzman listened to closely to me, and gave me some samples of a drug I'd never heard of. I took one pill and immediately felt great. A few days later I dropped the medication prescribed by my former 'psychiatrist'. It's now been a little bit over a month and I feel like a person for the first time in my life. I don't resent the lost time, I never imagined life could be this good. Dr. Salzman and his staff have gone far, far beyond 'the call of duty' to help me deal with my insurance and medical costs. He always spends ample, attentive time with me, and I'm grateful to have found him, but am now at a loss as to how to express my gratitude.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][311263].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 25, 2013

Dr Salzman was a tremendous help to my mother and father during very difficult times. Not only did he make the diagnosis, which had been missed by previous physicians, but he did so with kindness, compassion, and a sense of humor. He was familiar with the most recent work and literature, though overall we were impressed by his humanity. I cannot recommend him highly enough.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][311262].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 18, 2012

Dr. Salzman has been my doctor, my father's and now my mother's. He has always been very attentive to our concerns and has had the best approach for them. He is a great listener and takes his time with the patient (very important to me). My father had been diagnosed with Parkinsons and when I took him to Dr. Salzman from the first visit he told me that he didn't think my father had the disease. After the battery of tests required to diagnose, sure enough my father didn't have Parkinsons, his symptoms were triggered by the treatment he was getting for his lungs. I believe Dr Salzman is very knowledgeable and wonderful human being.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][311261].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 13, 2012

As a physician who went to see Dr. Salzman, I have nothing but the best comments to make about him. He was a very attentive listener and addressed all my concerns and delivered a clear and reasonable plan of care.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][311260].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 5, 2011

IMO, Dr.Damon Salzman has the poorest communication skills of any doctor I have even met. He seems incapable of listening in a professional manner and unable to follow up with logical clinical conclusions. It seems that he is so self absorbed that he does not care at all that he is harming his patient rather than helping. I also saw zero evidence that he is up to date in his professional knowledge. He seemed out of touch with information that a first year medical student should have regarding making a sound diagnosis. I have never written a negative evaluation of a doctor before. But I do not want to see anyone else waste their time and risk their health with a doctor who imo seems to be just there to collect his fee and seems to have no intention of being helpful. This review is my opinion based on my experience with Dr. Damon Salzman. I feel like I wasted my time & money & that he has increased my medical difficulties. I am trying to help others protect themselves from the same fate.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][311265].votes_count ]]