Rate Dr. Thomas S. Loftus

Dr. Thomas S. Loftus's Ratings

As a Disabled Vet, I first started seeing Dr Loftus and his Staff in 2009. Then my wife was involved in an auto crash. After many calls to his office, I was informed that my wife would have to be brought to their office. I informed the entire Staff that my wife was in severe pain from multiple pelvic fractures, unable to walk or stand and still required a bed pan, to which they replied it would not bother “them”. It became clear that the Staff was treating my wife as a number and more interested in her insurance than causing her more pain and humiliation by bring her to a public office in a vulnerable state. At one point the male PA contacted me and proceeded to explain how I did not understand the process for a true Neurologist exam and basically in the most condescending matter stated I was to “over protective”.Here you will be treated as a number, with very little respect or dignity and it will be on their terms and not yours, regardless of its affect on you or your loved ones.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][742979].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 7, 2013

Thank you Dr. Loftus. I have never had a better surgical experience than with you (and I have had some surgery). I had c-spine fusion. Some of the processes seemed slow because you go through an RN first (Sara is great!). Then there's physical therapy, the pain management (i.e., spinal injections). Once you go through everything though the timing to actually have the surgery happened quickly (within 2 weeks from decision). I personally appreciated the conservative approach to jumping into surgery (exhausting every option prior to) but it does get painful during the process leading up to surgery. The office staff is what you'd expect in a professional office.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][742978].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 29, 2012

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][742980].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 23, 2012

Dr. Loftus is kind and up on the most recent procedures and knowledgable of the spinal conditions and long term complications and the techniques to deal with them. He also has relationships with other physicians that can assist with the multi modal care needed in the treatment of spinal problems. He did my fusion and it allowed me to walk again and corrected my structural problem.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][742977].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 15, 2009

Dr. Loftus is a very patient friendly & understanding doctor to patients searching for answers & support within a very complex system of neurologically related pain issues. He is very competent, reasonable and respectful of patient needs. I have had two spinal procedures performed by Dr. Loftus and I feel that I benefited greatly in one and moderately in another. Patients need to know that neuro-surgery is not a end all be all to every spine related ailment and that sometimes the best we can hope to achieve is to achieve relief when practical and in my experience, Dr. Loftus is a top notch professional with the needed expertiese to handle the majority of neurologically based ailments. As well, his bed side manner is among the best you will find out there in a world of surgeons limited in patient skills.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][742976].votes_count ]]