Dr. Freedom F. Perkins

Rate Dr. Freedom F. Perkins

Dr. Freedom F. Perkins's Ratings

He is a phenomenal neurologist my daughter has several special needs including a genetic disorder and autism spectrum disorder he really takes time to talk and listen to all of our questions and concerns. We absolutely love him!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][312875].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 1, 2013

He is awesome. My daughter has a chromosome deletion and he has taken time to answer our questions and is very knowledgeable. I am so glad we picked him for this journey.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][312874].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 27, 2013

Amazing neurologist! Saw us right away, spent alot of time explaining our sons development, and had great bedside manner.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][312873].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 20, 2013

I have twins that are age 10, they had previously diagnosed with Pervasive Dev. Disorder not other wise specified. We have been to at least 6 doctors within the last 4 years, none could give a diagnosis or if I asked about autism they would state that is a garbage term. We visited Dr. Perkins in Austin coming from San Antonio for the first time this week. His staff was helpful, we had a short wait time, everything was perfect. Dr. Perkins took his time with us and explained what we were seeing in our twins was and is autism spectrum disorder! Finally someone took the time to listen to us, he used his knowledge in a way that we were able to understand. The twins were not scared and he was very patient with them. I highly recommend Dr. Perkins he has the best bedside manner I have seen in a Dr. especially with children, especially with children who are special needs!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][312872].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 16, 2013

A friend of mine suggested that I take my daughter to see Dr. Perkins...and I am glad that I did. Not only does he know what he's doing...he also brings the human factor in his treatment. Dr. Perkins made our family feel like we were not in this alone. I highly recommend Dr. Perkins.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][312871].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 16, 2013

I took my son to see Dr. Perkins for treatment of his epilepsy. Most of the time when you see a doctor, they are rushing in and rushing out. In our visit with Dr. Perkins, he took the time that was necessary to assist my son as well as address my concerns. Dr. Perkins went above and beyond what most doctors have generally give in service. I highly recommend Dr. Perkins. His staff was wonderful too...always polite and friendly.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][312870].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 16, 2013

Unfortunately, we had to see Dr Perkins while we were in the hospital rather than our usual Neurologist. He seemed angry to be bothered having to take care of our child and certainly didn't want to hear anything we had to say. Meanwhile, he talked nonstop and we could barely get a word in. I did not feel like we received good care from him.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][312869].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 1, 2013

Dr. Perkins is the worst doctor we ever had to interact with (and we have seen like 30 doctors over the last 3 years). He is arrogant, unprofessional and is full of himself. He made us wait literally for 3 hours in a small room with an autistic toddler and was not even sorry or showed any sign of compassion. He came across as very confrontational and showed no empathy. I have no idea about his other qualifications. I won't leave the health of our son in the hands of such a jerk.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][312868].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 27, 2013

Dr. Perkins took his time and explained our granddaughters devepomental delay, in a comprehensive and understandable manner. We would recommend,to others in our situation.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][312867].votes_count ]]