Dr. Ania G. Pollack

Rate Dr. Ania G. Pollack

Dr. Ania G. Pollack's Ratings

Dr. Pollack saved my life! In 2009 she removed a Cavernous Angioma from my brain stem and to this day I am very happy that I chose her to perform the surgery. She is the nicest most knowledgeable provider I have been to. It sadden me to the core when I as told that she was no longer at UMKC. I feel as if I have lost my Angel. Dr. Pollack why did you have to go???? :-(

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2021863].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 25, 2013

In December 2008, Dr. Pollack performed surgery on my husband to remove a golf ball size cancer tumor that had metastasized from his lung. She was caring and compassionate, went the extra mile as did her assistant, Ron, who I always felt free to call. I felt like my husband was in the best possible hands. Once when we were randomly on an elevator together, she talked about why some people are put on the same pathways, how we are only in each other's lives for a few weeks but there is always a reason for it. Years later, I still get emotional when I recall her words. She is more than just a surgeon. Although the surgery to remove my husband's tumor was successful, he did die the following year when the cancer spread to his spinal fluid. Seven months after the brain surgery, I still received a sympathy card that her whole staff had signed along with a personal message from her. I will never forget her!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2021862].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 30, 2013

Dr. Pollack was a wonderful Dr. I felt like she really cared about me and she took the time to explain what would happen during my surgery and what I could expect afterward. My only complaint would be that now that I need her again, she has completely disappeared. What's up with that?

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2021861].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 26, 2013

Dr. Pollack removed my pituitary tumor in 2008. She made me feel like I was her only patient then with such concern and compassion for me and my family. It has been four years and there has been no regrowth. She is an amazing surgeon and an even more amazing human being. I would recommend her to anyone! Her staff is also very kind. Ron has gone above and beyond many times to help me set up appointments with other doctors or anything else I needed. I feel so blessed to have been introduced to this group of wonderful people!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2021860].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 5, 2012

I am almost a year post op for a Chiari 1 Malformation, posterior fossa decompression, duraplasty, and C1 and C2 laminectomy. Although getting an appointment and getting her nurse to call back/communicate was difficult, it was worth the hassle to be a patient of Dr. Pollack's. Not only is she extremely professional but she is through in her communication and compassionate beyond belief. She will spend as much time as you and your family need explaining conditions, procedures, and outcomes. I would and have recommended other Chiari patients to her who have had the same great experience as I had with HER. Again, her nurse can be difficult to communicate with and you do have to stay on top of him for appointments, paperwork, etc, but overall that was a minor inconvenience.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2021859].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 16, 2012

I have been diagnosed with chiari malformation in May, my life has been turned upside down after the headaches about drove me crazy, numbness in my arms unable to perform even the easiest task. I have spoke to Ron the nurse who never returned my calls, canceled my apt, and continued to just string me along for about 6 weeks i called about every other day just to be seen...horrible to put a human through the every day waiting of the phone to ring. Would have like to have dr.Pollack do my sugery just could not get past Ron!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2021864].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 23, 2012

I had previous visit to a KU neurosurgeon when he was at another hospital, I was reluctant to see Dr Pollack,what a pleasant surprise. She was wonderful,kind and caring.She knew her stuff quoted recent studies about my tumor. She operated and got it all. I owe her my live.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2021858].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 21, 2011

She saved my daughter's life. What more can be said. I will recommend her to anyone for skill and compassion.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2021857].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 27, 2010

What can I say about Dr. Pollack. She's absolutely the best. My mom suffered a ruptured cerebral aneurysm and very narrowly could have passed away. At every follow up appointment my mom has had since she had come in, sat down, and talked with us. She cared about how mom was doing, getting along, any problems she might have, or anything else. She answered our concerns about the risk factors for myself and my husband (whose mother passed away from her cerebral aneurysm). And she never fails to ask about my children (and wants to see pictures of them).

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2021856].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 9, 2009

I'd like to take this opportunity and thank Dr. Ania Pollack for her excellent care and genuine concern about the progress of my recovery from the anterior corpectomy last winter. Several months after my surgery, I was still experiencing some level of pain and discomfort. I called Dr. Pollack with several questions; she took my call immediately and answered all my questions, explaining in detail what I was to expect after such a serious surgery. She gave me all the time I needed and left me with a feeling that my health and well being really mattered to her. What more can a patient expect? I feel very fortunate to have had such a kind and professional doctor.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2021855].votes_count ]]