Rate Dr. Gregory J. Withers

Dr. Gregory J. Withers's Ratings

I saw him in 2007. He is rude his staff is rude and I don't care how good he is. I won't ever see him or his rude staff again.

Submitted June 13, 2014 | flag

Great Staff! Little time waiting for your appointment. Dr. Withers explains your problem and what procedures needed to fix it.

Submitted June 13, 2013 | flag

Dr. Withers has performed an ACDF and a laminectomy on my lumbar spine. Yes, his bedside manner is not the best, but his surgical skill IS! He is very well respected in the medical community and I think he is a fantastic surgeon. I am so very grateful for having found him. When I met him I could barely walk, and he was the first doctor that actually took control of my care and fixed me after suffering for years. I care a lot less about his bedside manner and can't say enough good things about his surgical skills. I have nothing but respect for him. His staff is top-notch, polite, friendly and professional. Trish is a true gem. She more than makes up for his slight short comings when dealing with patients.

Submitted April 27, 2012 | flag

THE BEST DR. HE IS VERY KNOWLEDGEABLE AND CONFIDENT AS SOON HE WALKED IN TO THE ROOM, HE WAS VERY POLITE. HE PERFORMED A LOWER BACK SURGERY TO MY WIFE(SCIATIC NERVE)IN JULY 2007. HE IS THE BEST, NO COMPLAINS. WE DID A FOLLOW UP FOR 1 YEAR.. AND HE WAS VERY STRICT(NOT MEAN OR UPSET). JUST TO MAKE IT CLEAR! STRICT I MEAN, CARE @ HOME.. FOLLOWING INSTRUCTIONS. OVER ALL HE IS THE BEST. I DO AND I WILL RECOMMEND DR. GREGORY W.

Submitted Aug. 7, 2011 | flag

My mom was referred to Dr. Withers for her brain tumor. I don't believe he fully told her the affects that a brain biopsy could have. I found him to be rude and did not return my call for 3 days AFTER my mom had the surgery. She never recovered and died 3 months later. I wish she'd never had the biopsy done

Submitted April 6, 2009 | flag

best doctor in the world.....anyone who says otherwise is pretty much an idiot and doesnt really deserve to life

Submitted Sept. 17, 2008 | flag

Yes,,he is intimidating and to the point. He found a tumor on my spine and walked into my room like he was a police detective coming in to beat a confession out of me. He slammed his Alhambra Police Department coffee mug on the table next to my bed, introduced himself, and told me about my tumor. There was no doubt he was in charge. There was no doubt he knew what he was doing. There was no doubt that if I didn't get the tumor removed by him, I would never walk again..and there is no doubt that every step I make for the rest of my life will be thanks to him and the excellent skills he has as a surgeon, a doctor, and a precise technician. I'll take intimidating any time!!

Submitted July 30, 2008 | flag

very patient and informative. helpful office. my cervical surgery went off without a hitch. Dr. Withers is very particular and makes sure you make it through your hospital stay without problems. seemed to be revered by methodist hospital staff.

Submitted June 14, 2007 | flag

I recently saw Dr. Withers for a second opinion for lumbar spine surgery. I found Dr. Withers to be very knowledgeable and thorough with his exam and his findings confirmed that of my other Dr. He quickly processed my paperwork and I now have a date for surgery. I know surgical nurses that have worked with Dr. Withers and they say he is an excellent surgeon. He may be a bit short in the bedside manner department but that is not important to me. We got along just fine. His office staff is professional but not particularly nice. All in all, I respect Dr. Withers and would recommend him.

Submitted Oct. 26, 2006 | flag

I went with my mom to her appointment with Dr. Withers for her brain tumor. From the time he walked in the room, he was rude, intimidating, uncaring and condescending to both my mom and me. Same conduct on her second appointment. We will not go back to him nor recommend him to anyone.

Submitted July 25, 2006 | flag