You may also like

Rate Dr. Gregory J. Withers

Dr. Gregory J. Withers's Ratings

Do not bother with a DC if you have sciatica. Dr. Withers knows what he's doing and knows Neurosurgery better than anyone I've read or heard about. The staff is sincere and cares.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2796607].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 4, 2015

Dr. Withers took excellent care of my 71 year old mother with a ruptured disc.
I ended up taking her the the emergency room at Methodist Hospital for excruciating back pain, numbness in her right leg, and inability to walk. The ER doctor ordered an MRI which revealed she had a ruptured disc in her low back. He referred us to Dr. Withers and I'm so glad he did. So many doctors nowadays are quick to do surgery which many times doesn't help or solve the underlying problem. Dr. Withers is extremely knowledgeable, patient, and kind. He took the time to show us the MRI images and explain what was happening and why. Although it wasn't as profitable for him, he recommended physical therapy and time for healing. My mother went through a couple of months of physical therapy to strengthen her core muscles. She is free of pain and back to her normal self now.

Dr. Withers is a gem, a breed of doctor that is unfortunately disappearing. He actually CARES about his patients. He's not just in it for the money. I wouldn't take my mother to anyone else.

His office staff are warm and friendly as well. They always welcomed us with smiles and caring conversation. A wonderful office!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2793464].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 30, 2015

I saw him in 2007. He is rude his staff is rude and I don't care how good he is. I won't ever see him or his rude staff again.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2461652].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 13, 2014

Great Staff! Little time waiting for your appointment. Dr. Withers explains your problem and what procedures needed to fix it.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2022103].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 13, 2013

Dr. Withers has performed an ACDF and a laminectomy on my lumbar spine. Yes, his bedside manner is not the best, but his surgical skill IS! He is very well respected in the medical community and I think he is a fantastic surgeon. I am so very grateful for having found him. When I met him I could barely walk, and he was the first doctor that actually took control of my care and fixed me after suffering for years. I care a lot less about his bedside manner and can't say enough good things about his surgical skills. I have nothing but respect for him. His staff is top-notch, polite, friendly and professional. Trish is a true gem. She more than makes up for his slight short comings when dealing with patients.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2022102].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 27, 2012

THE BEST DR. HE IS VERY KNOWLEDGEABLE AND CONFIDENT AS SOON HE WALKED IN TO THE ROOM, HE WAS VERY POLITE. HE PERFORMED A LOWER BACK SURGERY TO MY WIFE(SCIATIC NERVE)IN JULY 2007. HE IS THE BEST, NO COMPLAINS. WE DID A FOLLOW UP FOR 1 YEAR.. AND HE WAS VERY STRICT(NOT MEAN OR UPSET). JUST TO MAKE IT CLEAR! STRICT I MEAN, CARE @ HOME.. FOLLOWING INSTRUCTIONS. OVER ALL HE IS THE BEST. I DO AND I WILL RECOMMEND DR. GREGORY W.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2022101].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 7, 2011

My mom was referred to Dr. Withers for her brain tumor. I don't believe he fully told her the affects that a brain biopsy could have. I found him to be rude and did not return my call for 3 days AFTER my mom had the surgery. She never recovered and died 3 months later. I wish she'd never had the biopsy done

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2022100].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 6, 2009

best doctor in the world.....anyone who says otherwise is pretty much an idiot and doesnt really deserve to life

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2022099].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 17, 2008

Yes,,he is intimidating and to the point. He found a tumor on my spine and walked into my room like he was a police detective coming in to beat a confession out of me. He slammed his Alhambra Police Department coffee mug on the table next to my bed, introduced himself, and told me about my tumor. There was no doubt he was in charge. There was no doubt he knew what he was doing. There was no doubt that if I didn't get the tumor removed by him, I would never walk again..and there is no doubt that every step I make for the rest of my life will be thanks to him and the excellent skills he has as a surgeon, a doctor, and a precise technician. I'll take intimidating any time!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2022098].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 30, 2008

very patient and informative. helpful office. my cervical surgery went off without a hitch. Dr. Withers is very particular and makes sure you make it through your hospital stay without problems. seemed to be revered by methodist hospital staff.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2022097].votes_count ]]