Rate Dr. Shoshannah Pollack

Dr. Shoshannah Pollack's Ratings

i haven't been to her yet. My oncologist recommended her but after the reviews stating she is a good doctor, no nonsense but no bedside manner, I simply cannot go to her. Doctors, nurses, dentists and even mean receptionists at their offices upset me very much. I am already stressed when I get to their offices, and I refuse to subject myself to this any longer. I am writing this hoping that doctors or dentists would read it and understand that a patient like me would rather travel very far for a doctor that is kind and also good.

Submitted Oct. 10, 2013 | flag

I took my toddler to have a mole checked. While Dr. Pollack was able to sufficiently assess my concern, to say she lacked any bedside manner would be an understatement. She had a condescending and judgemental attitude that I found rather surprising coming from someone who works with children as well as adults. I would have found her to be more helpful had she delivered her lecture regarding my own sun exposure with less venom. Instead of gaining an additional patient, she lost two. I have no intention of returning nor would I recommend her. Of less significance but worth mentioning is the fact that her office is depressing and sadly in need of a face lift. It is also not designed with children in mind (odd considering she is a pediatric specialist) and is uncomfortably hot.

Submitted Sept. 15, 2011 | flag

My daughter was losing her hair and was very anxious. The Doctor said it was from stress and when the stress was ameliorated, the hair would grow back which is what happened. It is exactly that no nonsense approach that helped relieve my daughter's anxiety. Dr. Pollack came across to me as someone who is really listening to your concerns and weighing the best possible solutions. She is taking you seriously. I have recommended her to co-workers.

Submitted Aug. 27, 2011 | flag

I have to agree with the last review. While she is very knowledgeable, she has no bedside manner, is very curt and no nonsense. Not that I want a warm a fuzzy feeling when I see a doctor, but she does make you feel inferior. I am also looking for another doctor.

Submitted June 30, 2011 | flag

Although Dr. Pollack is very knowledgeable and never makes you wait, she speaks to you like you are a child, never smiles and has zero bedside manner. I went to her twice, wanting to give her a second chance. I am now looking for a new dermatologist.

Submitted June 28, 2010 | flag