Dr. Paul K. Pickrell

5 1 4.3

You may also like

Rate Dr. Paul K. Pickrell

Dr. Paul K. Pickrell's Ratings

I have been Dr. Pickrell's patient for over a decade. He is the single most compassionate, knowledgeable, reasonable doctor I have ever come across , and I've seen quite a few with my medical history. HE LISTENS TO HIS PATIENT. He talks with you about what he believes may be going on with you and does not jump to conclusions without evidence to back it up-which he gets through diagnostics as well as by talking to you-like a regular person. He explains things in normal terminology or clarifies the medical lingo. Best of all he talks with you about what approach you want to take in regards to your care. His office staff have never been anything but nice to me. I have recommended him to several other people and they all love him too. I trust him more than any other physician I've ever seen.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2812708].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 20, 2015

No idea where the negative reviews are coming from? I have always found Dr P and his staff to be amazing. Because people are often in severe pain when they come in, I wonder if this skews experience. Although, given that I struggle with insane gout pain that inflames my entire foot and ankle, I still found all of them helpful and friendly.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2779927].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 17, 2015

Dr. Pickrell takes the time to help you understand what's happening and why, which is why people wait so long. But sadly his office staff and nurse Dolores just makes it not worth it anymore; they are simply terrible. Why he keeps this staff is anyone's guess, all I know is that after 10 years I had to stop. Refills don't happen unless you chase them down and the girl at the front desk is simply the worst; she has to be a relation to get away with her rudeness. Like others, I've had to leave him because of his support staff. He's a pro, he should hire a few.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2704044].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 30, 2015

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2507402].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 21, 2014

I agree completely about the comments regarding the front staff being arrogant. I met with this Doctor 3 times trying to figure out my diagnosis. The last 2 times, I waited 1 hr and he only spent 5 minutes with me and still unable to make a diagnosis. Just gave me a prescription "to try" even though I had no diagnosis and zero information on what I should expect with this medication. From what I have talked to some of his patients, his specialty is RA and not very up to date with the latest of other auto-immune diseases.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2419902].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 16, 2014

Dr. Pickrell is a life saver! He is well informed, warm and very caring about his patients. His nurse, Delores, is like that as well. BUT, his front office person is horrible tho and I intend to tell him the next visit. She is rude and snotty to everyone. I can't imagine why in the world he would hire such a person but he needs to know. If you can overlook the front gal, he is worth the drive. He offers fantastic care with a great sense of humor. Because he takes his time with you there can be a lengthy wait time but he is worth it.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2419901].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 8, 2014

Rarely have I felt compelled to rate a doctor and staff especially after the first visit. However, my experience last week was the best one I have had with a doctor and staff in many years. He spent more time with me in one visit than any of my docs have in 4-5 appointments. Several docs sent him info on me and it was immediately obvious he had taken the time to go over my records before our first appt. That was impressive and really pleased me as my history is lengthy and can be confusing. The entire staff was professional and empathetic, I can think of no area needing improvement. Awaiting the results of numerous tests, I will update this at a later date and be more specific.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][743947].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 3, 2013

Dr. Pickerell has been a God send for me. He listens to me thoroughly and completely. Even if I'm just venting. LOL He describes every option very clearly and respects my decisions and what treatment path I choose. He has never tried to veer me in the path of the most profitable. At times I have had a little bit of a wait, but not often. I am usually in and out of the office with 45 min or so. The staff are usually talking about what they are going to eat for lunch, but will stop conversation to be attentative to patients' needs. I get my calls returned quickly and any paperwork needed by my employer is completed and returned quickly as well. I am sorry that there are some that claim to have had a negative encounter with him or his office staff, but I am super satisfied and would recommend him to all. I have to drive almost an hour to see him, but the experience is so worth it.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][743946].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 28, 2013

I am a registered nurse who first visited Dr. Pickrell 4 years ago. I am so very pleased with his mecical care. He is very knowledgeable, personable, displays integrity , and has a good sense of humor. I would recommend Dr. Pickrell to anyone who needs an excellent Rheumatologist. I am fortunate to have him as my physician. A.B. Smith, R.N.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][743945].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 5, 2013

compassionate, friendly doctor who takes time to explain options thoroughly to patients. Whomever wrote that Dr Pickrell makes inappropriate remarks to female patients is simply engaged in character assassination and not telling the truth.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][743944].votes_count ]]