Dr. Michael FRIEDMAN

Doctor (M.D.)

Location:
Chicago, Illinois Map External Link
Gender:M
Specialty:Ear Nose and Throat (ENT)
Website: entdoc247.com External Link
Grad. Year: 1972

Answers Email: Unknown
Online Appt. Scheduling: Unknown
Accepting New Patients:Y

Profile updated 19/10/12    Submit profile update    Subscribe to profile updates

Rating: 4.5 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 15 reviews. Dr. Michael FRIEDMAN has a good overall rating on RateMDs.com. smile

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

Ear Nose and Throat (ENT)-related: ears, nose, throat, hearing loss, tonsillitis, nasal surgery, endoscopy, laryngology, reconstructive surgery of the head and neck, thyroid surgery, endoscopic sinus surgery, swallowing disorders, sleep apnea, vertigo
The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments
RID: 5679044
26/07/14 5 5 5 5 I have been under the care of Dr. Friedman, his parters, and office staff for over 5 years now. They have performed a couple surgical procedures on me for my chronic sinus issues, which have helped my health. Dr. Friedman and the other doctors are caring and knowledgable. They listen to your concerns and follow up with any necessary tests that can be conveniently done in office. I highly recommend Dr. Friedman and his practice.
Insurance: Blue Cross / Blue Shield

29/06/14 SYSTEM: 'birds of a feather' score (based on Medicare patients-in-common): 4.0
RID: 5561520
26/06/14 5 5 5 5 I had a amazing experience with Dr. Friedman at his office in Illinois Masonic Hospital. The staff were respectful and courteous. I did not have to wait long to see Dr. Friedman. The Dr. was very nice and was able to confidently diagnose and treat me.  Respond
RID: 5574669
23/06/14 5 5 5 5 Dr. Friedman is the best! He is caring and knowledgeable and has the best bedside manner. He and his staff are always professional and make the experience of going to his office a positive one. I had a deviated septum and had surgery to repair it, everything turned out great and I can breath so much better now!
Insurance: United Healthcare
RID: 5570298
19/06/14 5 5 5 5 This place is a lifesaver!!! I have been suffering from sleep apnea all my life, until I met Dr. Friedman! After countless doctors appointments and many disappointments my sleep apnea is completely cleared!! Thank you staff at ChicagoENT!
RID: 5568207
18/06/14 5 5 5 5 Great doctor and great office/staff- very caring and courteous.  Respond
RID: 5558696
13/06/14 5 5 5 5 I had surgery back in Dec 2014 and Dr. Friedman was my surgeon. He & his staff from day 1 were extremely professional and very informative. He's the best in his profession and I will forever be grateful! I left the surgery with barely a scar which continues to heal nicely.
Respond

01/06/14 SYSTEM: 2 positive duplicate or disallowed ratings automatically removed
RID: 5502086
30/05/14 5 5 5 5 Dr. Michael Friedman is informative from inception through the follow up visits. Staff was welcoming and courteous within the office. Have multiple symptoms… priorities lucid and process reasonable. Not a Doctor but initial procedure performed was less obtrusive than expected and seems state-of the-art. Not complete with other symptoms that need to be addressed but will continue on with doc’s recommendations.
Paid (or co-pay): $1750
RID: 5501534
30/05/14 5 5 5 5 He treated his patients very well, respectful and he takes his time to listen to my concerns. He's the best.  Respond
RID: 5501154
30/05/14 5 5 5 5 Dr. Friedman's office was great. From the moment I walked in everyone was eager to help. I waited for almost no time before I was helped and all of my questions were answered before I left the office. I would recommend Chicago ENT to anyone.
RID: 5500632
29/05/14 5 4 5 5 I started seeing Dr Friedman after a referral from a different ENT for a tyroidectomy. He performed the surgery a couple of months ago and it is healing well. I went in today for a follow up. As usual, the staff was friendly and helpful and Dr Friedman was polite and caring. The only possible negative is that there are times that I have to wait quite a while, but it is a busy office and the staff typically makes up for this. He also took the time to address another possible ENT issue, which I appreciated.
Insurance: Aetna
RID: 5191933
18/02/14 5 5 5 5 I had a large cancerous tumor on my tonsil, I waited too long to see a doctor. My GP said Dr Friedman was the best (that's where he would go for ENT work). The cancer spread to my lymph nodes. Dr Friedman quickly got me into surgery and he and his partner, Dr Vanketasan, performed some difficult surgery, including a radial neck disection and grafted skin off my thigh to rebuild my throat. That was ten years ago. He and his staff were the utmost professionals in every aspect, before and after my surgery. He worked on my wife's thyroid with the same care and concern. Can't say enough about him and his staff.
RID: 2820715

28/08/13 1 3 1 2 I would not recommend this practice for thyroid/parathyroid surgery. I believe that this doctor is much more concerned with making money than with patient care. He was extremely uncommunicative with me both before and after surgery. I was left with an ugly scar on my neck. My advice: go elsewhere.
RID: 2142168
14/05/12 4 5 5 5 Dr. Friedman seemed to be highly skilled and caring. He explained each step of the in-office procedure that he performed on me.
RID: 2114652
06/05/12 5 5 5 5 outstanding practice.Organized.State of the art.Doctor caring, knowledgeable ,and thorough.
Paid (or co-pay): $40
RID: 1853935
05/04/12 2 5 1 1 Went to see for one issue, he ordered numerous tests and had them done in his office (NO CHOICES WERE GIVEN OF OTHER PLACES THAT SERVICES COULD BE DONE), when informed of insurance issues he said that all the tests should be done in his office because he was the best. He went beyond his area of specialty and beyond what the issue was in his ordering of tests. What he wrote in his notes did NOT match what he discussed with me. He has inaccurancies in his notes. He documented sleep apnea but there is NO basis for this diagnosis and he has you watch films of himself being interviewed on TV trying to sell himself and his services on treating sleep apnea.  Respond
* - Rating left by a registered user