Dr. James K. Pohl

Grad. Year: 1979

Answers Email: Unknown
Online Appt. Scheduling: Unknown
Accepting New Patients:Y

Rating: 3.4 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 5 reviews. Dr. James K. Pohl has a fair overall rating on RateMDs.com. neutral

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

Dr. James K. Pohl
Pulmonologist (lungs)-related: respiratory system, pneumonia, bronchitis, emphysema, asthma, cancer, lung disease, chronic cough, lung cancer, dyspnea, sarcoidosis, pulmonary hypertension, acute respiratory failure, COPD (chronic obstructive pulmonary disease)
The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments

15/07/14 SYSTEM: 'birds of a feather' score (based on Medicare patients-in-common): 2.8

20/10/13 SYSTEM: First Name changed from "James" to "James K."
RID: 2808575
23/08/13 4 4 5 5 Dr Pohl was a great physician I first met him when I was went to emergency room with asthma. I was admitted to the hospital and luckily for me he was my doctor he genuinely cares which is hard to find. Thanks Dr. Pohl
Insurance: Blue Cross / Blue Shield
RID: 2771836
16/08/13 2 1 1 1 This is by far one of the most unprofessional doctors offices I have ever dealt with. I left 2 voicemails in 2 weeks and never received a call back. I then called about 5 times in one day and finally got to speak to someone. I have never had such a difficult time with a doctors office. Also, no one ever called me back to schedule my sleep study. I had to call them several times just to schedule the appointment. I was not told any details about the study (what to show up with, time that it would last, etc.) I then waited over a month for my sleep study results. When I was doing the sleep study, I didn't sleep at all and wasn't offered a sleep aid. I am now having to transfer my records because I don't feel confident these people know what they're doing. I am extremely disappointed in my experience with this doctor. I wouldn't recommend him to anyone!  Respond
RID: 2489675
04/12/12 2 1 1 1 I was in Lakeway Hospital getting a knee replaced and this person was lerking around my room and asked me if I had asthma. I said "no", well that was a $200+ question. He charged for that! The day I was supposed to leave the hospital he would not release me! Dr Pohl was not my doctor, Dr moore was and Dr Moore did released me but Dr Pohl insisted I had to have some radioactive stuff into my veins because he did not feel I was breathing right. Once again he was not my doctor! He made me leave the hospital with an air tank, which I did not use but it was the only way I could be discharged. After I was home from the hospital, I could not get anyone to release this airtank so my insurance company was paying for a tank not being used. I finally called the hospital and they had me signing these papers because of the liability involved. I had to go back to the hospital I refused Dr Pohl and the nurse on duty said I am not the first person to refuse Dr Pohl. He has no bedside manner at all!
Insurance: Blue Cross / Blue Shield
RID: 889121
16/05/09 3 4 5 5 Dr. Pohl is mainly interested in medicine and as a result, first impressions can be missleading His office is in an old ranch bunkhouse near Lake Travis and he fits in to this environment with ease. He is a kind man but mainly wants to figure out how to help each of his patients. Give him the facts, answer his questions, and then listen to him talk to himself as he figures out a plan of action. He is truly an excellent physician and will always have your best interests at heart.
Insurance: Medicare