Dr. Neil A. Patterson

Oviedo, Florida Map External Link
Gender:M
Specialty:Family / G.P.
Website: pattersonmd.net External Link
Practice: Neil A. Patterson, M.D., P.A.
Hospital:
Phone:407-366-2020
Med. School:Univ Of Il Coll Of Med, Chicago Il 60680
Grad. Year: 1988

Answers Email: Unknown
Online Appt. Scheduling: Unknown
Accepting New Patients:Y

Rating: 4.3 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 23 reviews. Dr. Neil A. Patterson has a good overall rating on RateMDs.com. smile

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments
RID: 5664970
20/07/14 5 5 5 5 Dr. Patterson is very knowledgeable and well respected in the community. He is very thorough and you can call him personally any time, even on the weekends. He has seen us on a Sunday in his office to avoid a lengthy and costly ER visit. He truly is amazing, and I am always recommending him. The other practitioners at his office are wonderful too. The office is modern and clean, staff is professional and thorough. I am truly lucky to have Dr. Patterson as our primary family doctor.
Paid (or co-pay): $20
Respond

19/07/14 SYSTEM: 'birds of a feather' score (based on Medicare patients-in-common): 4.0
RID: 2638808

02/05/13 1 1 1 1 Extremely rude, belittled my young son for not "being a man" and handling his PAINFUL SCOLIOSIS. Really, Dr. P?! Staff is incompetent. They often billed my insurance wrong (sometimes double-billed) and were generally painful to deal with. Terrible.
Respond

08/04/12 SYSTEM: First Name changed from "Neil" to "Neil A."
RID: 1297643
19/11/10 1 3 5 5 He is an excellent doctor, but his staff is really a pain. The Scheduler should sit it the back by herself and not join in like ladies on The View. Some of the other doctors or nurse practitioners who worked there made big mistakes. Generally great people, staff has always been a pain. The telephone greeting hurts your ears with all those loud sucking noises.  Respond
RID: 1229344
15/08/10 3 5 3 5 In the 4 years I went to his office, I only saw Dr Patterson in pasting, never as a patient. My opinion was, you had to be really ill to see Dr Patterson. The office personal left a lot to be desire. They where not friendly at all and went you tired to be funny or friendly with them, you knew right awayit was not wanted in any way. People seeing Doctor don't need or want this much coldness. I no longer go to Drpatterson, one because I moved to Leesburg, but the truth is that before I moved my daughter and I where just dissatisfied with his staff and thier medical practice. If Dr Patterson is so wonderful, why does he allowed his staff to be so cold ?
Insurance: Medicare
RID: 1194891
23/06/10 4 2 3 4 As far as routine matters go they are average. Many times I have been kept waiting beyond the appointment time. If you get beyond that hurdle, the service provided by the doctor and staff is very good.
RID: 1113835
24/02/10 2 2 3 2 Personally, I find Dr. Patterson to be a good person who does a thorough job with his patients. His staff, however, are nothing but a grumpy old hags. They are THE MOST unprofessional group of, and I use the term loosely, woman I've ever seen. I have seen some of his nurse practitioners but the worst of the bunch has to be the dark skinned one (can't remember her name. I think it was Rose). She is a complete idiot. Seems unsure of herself. I have now changed doctors due to his staff. Nothing Dr. Patterson himself did but his staff is a reflection of himself. Sorry doc.
Insurance: Aetna
Paid (or co-pay): $15
RID: 1050735
05/12/09 4 2 5 5 I am not pleased with everyone in this office. Have been a patient for more than 15 years. Rarely see the doctor, but that is OK. I feel that he does not respect his patients well. You have to wait too long to see him. When you see him, he talks too much. It seems that he never remembers what he tells you from one visit to the next. I really love the PAs and the other doctor in his office.
Paid (or co-pay): $15
RID: 976665
31/08/09 5 5 5 5 Patient since 2000. Always empathetic and understanding. Discovered my colon cancer 5/2000 and referred to me to first rate colon rectal surgeon who probably saved my life. Office needs better management for telecommunications and feedback to patients. Excellent physician. DJG
Insurance: Medicare
RID: 964465
17/08/09 5 4 5 5 Dr. Patterson is the most caring MD I have ever been to. As a RN I have seen all kinds and he is THE BEST.
RID: 839104
23/03/09 3 5 5 5 Referred me to good specialists. I felt like this practice was genuine (out for my own good, vs. others where I have had repeated visits with no answers) Dr. Patterson devoted a whole hour to my initial appointment and I didn't feel rushed. Good staff (ARNPs) as well.
Insurance: Humana
RID: 818123
06/03/09 2 3 3 5 We have never seen the doctor but are always sent to PAs. Most of them are nice. The nurses are also nice - always new ones. We get good medical care here; it does seem you pay doctor prices for nurses practitioner help. They greet us by name and insist on seeing photo ID. I have lived in four states and never been suspected of medical insurance theft. Front office staff often curt - civil is the best, often brusque. I dread calling there - maybe they prefer to have fewer calls. Call on Friday - the super grouchy one isn't there!
RID: 811626
04/03/09 5 5 5 5 Dr. Patterson has been our family physician for over 10 years. He is compassionate, knowledgable and will listen to you. He has an excellent staff of nurse practioners that are great for the little stuff as well. Dr. Patterson will refer you to specialists which i know some doctors hestitate to do. His bottom line is your well being and health. Plus he is an advocate of preventive health... you know lose those extra pounds, exercise, etc.
RID: 712719
30/10/08 5 5 5 5 Dr Patterson is a fine physician and he really cares about his patients. He takes time to listen to my husband and me and he knows our medical history. Dr. Patterson even makes follow up phone calls when there is a serious illness. The office is friendly and they will get you in quickly for urgent illnesses. Dr. Patterson and his office is the closest thing to the "old fashion family doctor". He is rare in this day of inpersonal physician offices. I cannot rate him and his office high enough.
RID: 665982
16/08/08 5 5 5 5 God may bless him and help him ----he is one of the best man and doctor i have met in my life he treats his pat" like his best friends thanks Mr patterson-----khan mushtaq  Respond
RID: 588530
12/05/08 2 4 5 5 very easy to talk to, understanding and a good teacher. Willing to explain things. Don't care much for the 1PA I have met or the office nurses. Front desk kind of brusk and rude.
RID: 557291
03/04/08 1 4 2 5 Have never met this dr. after 2.5 years of going there. my family sees the P.A.s. they're OK but it seems you pay dr. prices for someone without an m.d. Staff is short with me about half the time - mischarged me on a copay and then were annoyed when BC/BS sided with me. In the end it worked out but they were willing to overcharge me. I was firm but polite. The new office bldg. is very nice and clean. Most nurses are nice - there is a fair bit of turnover, not sure that this means. Normal in this high-demand field? Office staff in the front is quite brusque on occasion - more so than other offices. At least they aren't fake nice!
RID: 345432
14/06/07 4 5 5 I've been going to this office for a couple of years and actually have never seen the doctor. But, I've seen other doctors and the nurse practitioner is very knowledgable. I really like this office and find everyone to be friendly and helpful.  Respond
RID: 338121
05/06/07 5 5 5 WHEN I FIRST CAME TO THE CENTRAL FLORIDA AREA, I WENT TO AN EMERGENCY WALK IN CLINIC ON UNIVERSITY BLVD. DR. PATTERSON WAS THE DOCTOR I SAW THAT DAY. MY FAMILY WAS SO IMPRESSED WITH HIM THAT WE HAVE FOLLOWED HIM WITH EVERY PRACTICE MOVE HE HAS MADE. NEARLY 20 YEARS LATER, DR. PATTERSON IS STILL MY FAMILY DOCTOR. HE IS VERY UNDERSTANDING AND KNOWLEDGABLE. HIS WFIE MILANIA IS THEIR OFFICE MANAGER, AND IS VERY EFFICIENT AT WHAT SHE DOES. GREAT STAFF ALL AROUND. I CAN'T SAY ENOUGH WONDERFUL THING ABOUT HIM. 407-366-2020 EASY NUMBER TO REMEMBER, YOU WON'T BE DISAPPOINTED WITH HIM. -H. LIPSEY
Insurance: United Healthcare
RID: 73424

22/12/06 3 1 2 Yelled at me when, just after my eighteenth birthday, I was sick with a gastric flu that lasted twelve days and couldn't stop crying. I've never been back to a doctor since.
Insurance: Aetna
RID: 30470
18/05/06 5 5 5 Very helpful and friendly. Have been going to him and his nurse practitioners since I was a child.
RID: 12071
09/09/05 5 5 5 My husband and I have been going to this practice for about 5 years. Not only are they knowlegable & helpful, both Dr.Patterson and his 2 nurse practioners have excellent bedside manners.
RID: 2791
02/11/04 5 5 5 His wife (I think) who also works in this practice is my family doctor. I've always been very pleased with her.  Respond
RID: 2097
12/10/04 5 5 5 Nice man, has a good sense of humor. The office staff isn't always pleasant..the nurses are alittle on the moody side.  Respond
* - Rating left by a registered user