Dr. KIARASH N. MICHEL

Foreign Lang: Farsi

Answers Email: Unknown
Online Appt. Scheduling: Unknown
Accepting New Patients:Y

Rating: 5.0 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 3 reviews. Dr. KIARASH N. MICHEL has an excellent overall rating on RateMDs.com. smile

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

Urologist-related: urinary tract, prostate, bladder, erectile dysfunction, kidney stone disease, male infertility, prostate cancer, urinary incontinence
The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments
RID: 5437382
01/05/14 5 5 5 5 After several years of treatment for BPH, a biopsy in Oct. 2013 revealed I had prostate cancer. Dr. Keith Garb, my excellent primary physician explained the benefits of robotic surgery but cautioned that the procedure required the skills of an excellent surgeon with LOTS of experience using the DaVinci robotic system. For that he referred me to Comprehensive Urology at Cedar Sinai. I met Dr. Kia Michel later that week and again a few days before the surgery. I was impressed by his knowledge and experience (he said he’s done over 1000 of these robotic procedures) but even more I was struck by the warmth of his personality, his genuine concern and unending positivity. He even took time to explain the procedure to my 20 year old son who joined my wife and I at the pre-op visit. I had the surgery in early Jan. 2014. It went very well; I am 4 months in and my recovery has been picture perfect. In conclusion, I highly recommend Dr. Kia Michel and Comprehensive Urology.
Insurance: Anthem
Respond

06/02/14 SYSTEM: 'birds of a feather' score (based on Medicare patients-in-common): 3.9

21/10/13 SYSTEM: First Name changed from "KIARASH" to "KIARASH N."
RID: 2326226
05/07/12 5 5 5 5 Awesome doctor, very efficient, experienced and kind. He just gets it.
Paid (or co-pay): $20
RID: 1727392
02/03/12 5 5 5 5 Dr. Michel is an amazing doctor. He has the best bedside manner I have ever seen. He is very friendly and easy to talk to. My father had prostate cancer and Dr. Michel was his doctor. It was obviously a very stressful time, but Dr. Michel was great through the whole process. He was very concerned with making sure my dad didn't have incontinence problems after his surgery. Dr. Michel used minimally invasive techniques (robotic surgery) to perform the prostate removal. The surgery was successful, and my father is cancer-free now. I would highly recommend Dr. Michel to others.
Insurance: Medicare