Rate Dr. Eduardo A. Salvati

Dr. Eduardo A. Salvati's Ratings

Dr. Salvati performed a left total hip replacement back in 2010. He was very knowledgeable (I understand he has performed 15,000 such operations in his career) and very exacting in his methods. One of the outstanding surgeons at Hospital for Special Surgery. Excellent orthopedic surgeon who demonstrates a high level of professional class.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2461735].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 24, 2014

I had a successful total hip replacement of my left hip in 2005 with Dr. Salvati. I have not had any problems with the hip since my surgery -- Dr. Salvati did a wonderful job. After reading the reviews, I too agree that bedside manner is not his best attribute. That is what the nurses at HSS are for and they were remarkable, truly compassionate and took care of whatever needs I had. I am currently recuperating from a total knee replacement of my right knee which was also performed by Dr. Salvati and a doctor at the rehab center said my the incision was one of the cleaniest he has seen. Although I am still recuperating, the surgery went well. I also need a left knee replacement and it will definitely be performed by Dr. Salvati. I would recommend Dr. Salvati and have recommended Dr. Salvati to many.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2023789].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 24, 2014

Dr. Salvati was kind, thoughtful, thorough, knowledgable. I would see him for any hip problem again. Only problem: the long wait, and the X-ray receptionist who, busy with a personal call, wanted little to do with me.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2023788].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 19, 2013

very professional and knowledgeable. Highly recommend. He detailed my exact problem and pending solution to my situation.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2023787].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 29, 2012

5 years ago I had bi-lateral (both) hip surgery. From start to finish it was a great experience. If you need both hips replaced, I would highly recommend having both done at the same time. Recovery for 1 or 2 hips is the same. Dr. Salvati even leveled me since one leg was longer than the other.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2023786].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 9, 2012

Approximately 6-7 years ago my arthritis doctor a recommended that I see Dr Salvati for a hip replacement. Based on his examination Dr. Salvati said I did not need the operation. Needless to say, I was very relieved. Now however, the time has come and I wish I were still in NY! I truly respect his ability - and his opinion.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2023785].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 22, 2012

I had my surgury on my right hip nearly 5 years ago and was very happy with the surgury and HSS. From the start, I had every little pain and I recommend Dr. Salvati to anyone who needs a hip replacement. My husband had his left hip replaced by Dr. Salvati 2 years ago and is very happy with his results. He is a very spry 82 year old and I am an active 78 year old.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2023784].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 22, 2012

Great job. Another doctor viewed the surgical site and said it was "pristine". After 3 years, I continue to have good results.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2023783].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 3, 2011

Very arrogant, very poor listener, and lacks empathy. I would NOT recommend him, nor will I go back to him.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2023782].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 9, 2011

Dr. Salvati performed my right hip replacement surgery in 2005 when I was 59. He was excellent as were his staff, his colleagues, and the HSS nurses. What impressed me was the fact that he was as proud of his work as if it was his first and finest surgery. I trust that it was his finest but it surely was not his first. I have had no problems with the exception of some minor pain in the first few months after surgery. I have since stopped running and taken up indoor rowing at a 35,000 to 50,000 meter a week pace. I have recommended him to friends and colleagues and they have found the same enthusiasm and care that I received.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2023781].votes_count ]]