Rate Dr. Anders Cohen

Dr. Anders Cohen's Ratings

I met Dr. Cohen after having a microdisectomy on L5/S1. he corrected the first surgery mistakes and added stabilization to my disc. So far I'm in a bit more pain then I was before but he is doing everything in his power for me to avoid a fusion and he is most amazing doctor I have ever met. His bedside manner and personality are great. It's amazing to find a doctor as knowledgeable and caring as he is. He truly wants to see me get better and was so upset when I didn't. I'm leaning towards having the fusion with him soon. Spin Stim Trial did not work either. If you need a surgeon for your spine, it do recommend Dr. Cohen. I have a very rare case where they can not figure me out. I have heard most patients in office say he had cured them and they live pain-free. Even though he did not help my pain yet i wrote this review to explain what a caring, knowledgable, understanding doctor you will find. it tends to take a while to see him after your appointment, but he spent 45 mins with me.

Submitted June 5, 2013 | flag

Amazing doctor. Excellent knowledge of specialty. Excellent bedside maners .I highly recommend dr Cohen .

Submitted Aug. 17, 2012 | flag

Dr Cohen; Its been 5 days since my surgery and I feel great. I can move my leg and walk with no pain. After a year of severe pain along with injections and therapy, nothing worked.. Thanks to you, all signs of sciatica and pain are gone. I never thought I would live the day to say that surgical pain felt so good! I cant express the amount of thanks and love I have for you and what you have done for me. Im happy again in my life and its all thanks to you. Full gratitude to you and your team I was in the best hands ever! Thank you so much because of you I feel like life is worth living again. Your entire staff was so helpful and caring all the way down to your receptionist! I could never have asked to be with a better doctor and team such as yourself and your staff! Again thank you Dr. Cohen, much gratitude respect appreciation and love to you and your team! For you are the very best!!!!

Submitted Feb. 21, 2012 | flag

Dr. Cohen is an AMAZING doctor for many reasons and I'm very fortunate to have found this wonderful and compassionate MD. Being in the pharma industry for many years and knowing many MDs in different therapeutic areas can say upfront that Dr. Cohen is without a doubt the most knowledgeable doctors of them all I've ever encountered. I've undergone 3 laminectomies, of which the last 2 performed failed (within 2 weeks) by a renowned surgeon in NJ. I found my answer when I discovered this unbelievable doctor. Dr. Cohen is an example of an MD WHO DOES POSSESS a bedside manner, as well as paramount skills,to which we are all entitled too! If anyone has any doubts about neuro conditions, this is the person to see - trust me as I'm a skeptic. God bless this man who is truly devoted to his mission in helping and healing his patients.

Submitted July 9, 2009 | flag

I was having an emergent situation with my spine, the secretary was compassionate to my situation and arranged for an appointment ASAP. I had gone to another neurosurgeon and couldnt be seen for another month. When I got to the office, to my surprise, it was totally empty of patients and I was seen right away. Dr. Cohen was very knowledgeable, and explained my situation in detail. He spent a long time with me, and we talked about the situation in depth. He is up on the latest technology and wants his patients to be able to have surgery with the least trauma possible. He does not push surgery, He recommends only a fraction of his patients for surgery. In my case there is no other alternative. I will have my surgery next week. I will write again how it goes.

Submitted June 12, 2009 | flag

Dr. Cohen is an amazing on explaining what is the problem, with an human compassion. He makes us to fell like he is part of our family. He fells our pain and we patient become part of his life. He will not turn his back to you until you fell secure. You will understand what he is going to do and what can happen with the surgery. We are talking about a very delicated surgery and we are talking about given the lives of our love ones. I trust our GOD to use him to save our love ones.

Submitted May 6, 2009 | flag

Im still work in progress but at this time 3 weeks after a 5 level surgery Im already getting a real solid feeling on my feet! Prior to the surgery I suffered for 3 years with a post lamenectomy syndrome with scoliosis, stenosis,bone on bone grinding pain that even heavy doses of opiates couldnt control. Life became a 3 hour on my feet followed by a 2-3 hour on my bed life that would repeat itself day in and out,PLUS the pills which served no purpose at all.I heard of this "Miracle Dr." that if one Dr uses those words to describe another Dr risking his own reputation I had to go and meet him. All it took was one visit, I left his office with total confidence and a date for surgery.After the surgery I saw the before and after catscans and I literally broke down in tears to see the difference of the work that was done to my back.Im already walking with minimal use of a walker but dont forget it was a 5 level surgery.Pain?none from my historical ailment."Dr Miracle" wasnt a lie!!!

Submitted Oct. 29, 2008 | flag

With all things being equal people choose to work with friends, with all things NOT being equal people still choose to work with friends. After two minutes in Brooklyn Hospital at 3:30am on a Friday night,Dr. Anders Cohen was our new best friend. His compassion, courtesy, knowledge,and expertise put us at ease in minutes. Dr. Cohen truley is a miracle worker. My wife had back surgery back in 1993 after a sports injury. After years of competitive soccer and two pregnancy's my wife's back was a disaster. Her legs were completely numb with pain and she was in her 4th spasm that month when we rushed from Babylon to Brooklyn at the hope of seeing Dr. Cohen.(he was on call)He arrived on a friday night at 3:30am in the morning and began treating my wife as if she was family. He didn't push surgery, he gave us many options. But after two more days of agony, we decided to let Dr. Cohen perform the surgery. It has been over four months and my wife has had a full recovery and is now on her thi

Submitted July 28, 2008 | flag

Dr. Cohen is one of the most efficient doctors that I have come across. My father had a life threatening tumor on his brain that was removed by Dr. Cohen. His professionalism, bed-side manner and sincere concern gave my family great ease in troubled times. The fact that without prompting, he rearranged his surgery schedule in order to get my father taken care of earlier than originally scheduled speaks volumes to his care for his patients. The hospital staff spoke nothing but praise when you mentioned Dr. Cohen's name. That is a remarkable thing if you know anything about a hospital environment. I cannot say enoughg good things about Dr. Cohen. Because of his work, and God guiding his hands, my father has a chance to recover his former self.

Submitted July 11, 2008 | flag

I would like to thank Dr. Cohen Anders for performing a delicate back surgery for my wife Natalia Kovaleva. At 33, women are very picky about how big the scar is and whether they are going to be able to walk nicely. It's been 2 months since the operation and my wife runs up and down the stairs, drives a car, and swims on a daily basis. Overall, she is back to her regular life without pain. I highly recomment Dr. Cohen as a surgeon and praying for him and his patients. Sincerely, priest Andrey Kovalev.

Submitted May 12, 2008 | flag