Dr. Sanford R. Kaner

Grad. Year: 1967

Answers Email: Unknown
Online Appt. Scheduling: Unknown
Accepting New Patients:Y

Rating: 5.0 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 16 reviews. Dr. Sanford R. Kaner has an excellent overall rating on RateMDs.com. smile

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

Dr. Sanford R. Kaner
Podiatrist-related: foot problems, foot surgery, podiatry
The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments
RID: 3618110
25/11/13 5 5 5 5 I did a little research before taking my son in to have his ingrown toenail removed as my older son had a bad experience with a foot doctor near our home. Dr. Kaner's reviews were phenomenal so I decided to drive across town for what we hoped would be better care. I was not disappointed. He took the utmost care to get to know my son, got him to relax and he lived up well to the name "No Painer Kaner." My son did not experience any discomfort during the procedure healed well afterwards. Dr. Kaner is well informed and wanted to make sure that we had all of the information we needed and wanted. It was also helpful that he had a great sense of humor. I would recommend him to anyone.
Insurance: CIGNA
RID: 3589666
29/10/13 5 5 5 5 Dr. Kaner answered all my questions and explained my injury very well. He even showed me my x-rays and explaied how to read them.  Respond

21/10/13 SYSTEM: First Name changed from "Sanford" to "Sanford R."
RID: 2888654
01/10/13 5 5 5 5 Dr. Kaner is a true professional with a great deal of experience. Even though I was somewhat nervous about the procedure he did an excellent job of explaining the process and was extremely adept in performing it. Can't ask for better.
Insurance: United Healthcare
RID: 2859042
17/09/13 5 5 5 5 I had an infected ingrown toenail that had been removed multiple times in the past d/t a fungal infection. I knew the routine for having a big toenail removed included shots and pain. My pain tolerance level is a two at very most. After opting to find a different doctor than the one I had for fifteen years, I read Dr. Kaner's positive reviews and made an appointment for that day. Dr. Kaner made sure the i's were dotted and t's crossed throughout the visit. Dr. Kaner read my chart thoroughly verifying information, explained step by step what to expect, answered my questions (which were many), and advised if there was any pain to let him know. He conducted a partial toenail removal "WITHOUT" pain! He took the time needed to make this painless and positive. The world would be a much better place if all docs were this great. Dr. Kaner is a highly qualified surgeon with many years of experience. The icing on the cake... Dr. Kaner had a great genuine sense of humor the whole time!
RID: 2829655
02/09/13 5 5 5 5 I needed a foot doctor locally and my wife found Dr. Kaner. I was in pain and had a very infected ingrown nail. Dr. Kaner was very professional and performed surgery on my toe that day. He assured me that I would be able to go back to work the next day. I have found all his statements to be true and accurate and am very satisified with his work and technique.
RID: 2772209
16/08/13 5 5 5 5 What a great professional! Dr. Kaner treated me as an emergency patient with a ripped-off big toenail... I was in great pain and very fearful! He immediatedly put me at ease, assuring me he did hundreds of these and in a few minutes I would be at ease. He injected me PAINLESSLY with one or two injections and all of a sudden, I could calm down and the pain eased. He was able to remove the horribly damaged toenail and I felt nothing. He dressed my to and gave me a prescription for medication to prevent infection and for pain if needed. I could not have asked for a more competent and compassionate professional!!
RID: 2770518
15/08/13 5 5 5 5 I had endured considerable pain in both feet for approximately one year. A neighbor advised me that she had received excellent care from Dr.Kaner and highly recommended that I make an appointment. Within one treatment I was feeling considerable relief. Prior to the procedure the doctor explained, in detail, what he was about to do in such a manner that i fely entirely at ease. Throughout, the doctor inquired as to my comfort level explaining that he he could alter his manner if I felt any discomfort, I did not. The doctor explained that there would be several more treatments in an effort to avoid surgery. I find that admirable in that a surgeon makes his primary living performing surgery. I currenently have an appointment to remove two toe nails. I feel confident that my toes are in good hands. That was a feeble attempt to match Dr. Kaner's humor.
RID: 2757492
08/08/13 5 5 5 5 Dr Kaner gives you patients and understand. Gives you plenty of time an explains every step. I had my nail removed permantly and was told it would take about 6 wks to heal. It was healed in one wk by following his advise. I then had a second nail removed and it healed just as fast...even though I am diabetic. Staff are friendly and helpful. I definately recommend this office and doctor.
Insurance: AARP
RID: 2715578
22/07/13 5 5 5 5 Very friendly and knowledable. Gave my numbing shot with no pain. Toe healed very quickly.
RID: 2704538
09/07/13 5 5 5 5 I called Dr. Kaner's office and was able to make an appointment the following afternoon. I arrived as a new patient with no wait (try to go early afternoon). Staff was courteous, the doctor was warm and courteous, exyremely knowledgeable, and I was treated with the utmost respect. He disolved any nervousness I had for the procedure I came for, and I would reccommend him to anyone who is nervous about doctors' visits.
Insurance: United Healthcare
Paid (or co-pay): $60
RID: 2700335
03/07/13 5 5 5 5 Dr Kaner was one of the most knowledgable doctors I have used. He explained the procedure, gave me all the alternatives. After my treatment, I felt tremendously better with almost no pain. I would recommend Dr Kaner to anyone who needs a podiatrist
RID: 2676942
12/06/13 5 5 5 5 I hurt both my ankles at different times in the last year. Both times Dr. Kaner's goal was to get me back on my foot playing sports and to prevent future injury that might require surgery. He is kind funny and really makes sure you are at ease through all steps of the treatment. His staff is always friendly and genuinely care about the practice. I would gladly go back to Dr. Kaner again(here is hoping I don't have to).
RID: 2652501
19/05/13 4 5 5 5 he is very nice and cares about the patients feelings. I feel very comfortable when i visit him. he is very humorous
Insurance: Aetna
RID: 2651081
17/05/13 5 5 5 5 Most pleasant doctor/office experience I have had! Very thorough and friendly. I have been in pain for so long I was very sensitive and nervous about having my feet touched or poked. No pain at all. In fact I found the procedure to be really interesting and watched intently and the doctor answered questions and explained everything very simply :-)
RID: 2650367
16/05/13 5 5 5 5 Dr. Sanford Kaner is one of the most professional and pleasant doctors I have ever been to. He is extremely knowledgeable and thorough. He explains every prognosis and does not hesitate to be thorough. I would highly recommend him to any patient who is seeking a very professional and knowledgeable podiatrist and surgeon. John Colella

14/05/13 SYSTEM: new location added: Phoenix, AZ
RID: 2638884
02/05/13 5 5 5 5 Dr Kaner was very nice and caring. My fifteen year old daughter was very nervous about getting her infected ingrown toenail removed. Dr Kaner made her feel comfortable and made sure she felt no pain. He joked with her and really took his time to explain the procedure and follow up care with us. I would definitely recommend him to all my family and friends.
Respond

25/04/13 SYSTEM: City changed from "Mesa" to "FOUNTAIN HILLS"