Rate Dr. William A. Mitchell

Dr. William A. Mitchell's Ratings

Dr Mitchell does not listen nor does he appreciate questions. This is problematic given he is almost incoherent at times in his explanation of things. Due to his poor management of my condition, I am at risk for being permanently disabled. He is not up-to-date on current standards of practice, has limited knowledge of the principals of appropriate pain management and should not be practicing surgery. As an aside, his office manager (Robin) is both rude and incompetent, as is his physician assistant. I would never, ever recommend him to anyone for anything. After my post op appointment I finally realized I had to find a new doctor to try to help mitigate the damage Dr Mitchell caused and who would treat me with less disdain. It has been through treatment with another physician that my fears regarding the mismanagement of my care were confirmed. Run, do not walk, away from this doctor.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2628290].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 21, 2014

I have been a patient of Dr. Mitchell's for the last 25 years. He has done several arthroscopies and 5 years ago, installed a patello femoral joint resurfacing. Another surgeon has recommended a total knee replacement, but Dr. Mitchell knew that my joint was still viable. That was almost 5 years ago, and I am doing great. He knows the right treatment for the condition. He is very wise and prudent. The only problem I have with the practice is his staff. From time to time, they have been difficult to deal with, but I look past it, because he has helped me so much. Definitely the go-to guy for knees, in my book!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2477036].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 28, 2014

This last knee replacement was my 4th surgery with Dr. Mitchell and was once again successful. They included 2 shoulders and 2 total knee replacements. I have nothing but good things to say.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][319877].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 26, 2012

Dr. Mitchell recently did shoulder arthroscopic surgery on me. He is very knowledgeable and knew how to solve my shoulder problem I've had for six years. I am recovering nicely. He answered all my questions without making me feel rushed. He treated me like a friend.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][319876].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 17, 2011

Dr Mitchell....What a great doctor. I had very bad shoulder issues that another doctor made worse. Dr. Mitchell was patient and understanding. He did a great job on my shoulder and since has operated on my sister and my step father. Thank you Dr. Mitchell. You are a great doctor and a kind man.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][319875].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 5, 2011

Had 2 surgeries w/Dr Mitchell. Elbow surgery August 2004, then shoulder September 2009. He was fantastic - very knowledgeable and both surgeries turned out exactly as he'd predicted (success!) Dr. Mitchell is a Pro, he takes as much time as you need so that you understand the complete process, and he makes you feel like you're his only patient. I don't recall exactly the amounts of each surgery; but it was worth every penny and I would never go to another doctor but Dr. Mitchell for orthopedic surgery!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][319874].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 16, 2009

Excellent - Atheltic daughter had both R & L knee ACL's repaired over 3 years, quick recovery, no complication and played Division 2 college basketball. I had major keee surgery (ACL, meniscus, as well as additional items repaired) and no complications, quick recovery. This Dr. is rated as one of the top ortho surgeons in the US... and I agree 100% with this assessment.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][319873].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 5, 2009

I found this doctor to be very good/excellent. He repaired my knee with a complicated procedure that another orthopedic wouldn't touch. Great results.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][319872].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 2, 2007

this doctor did nothing for me.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][319871].votes_count ]]