Dr. WILLIAM A. MITCHELL

Grad. Year: 1976

Answers Email: Unknown
Online Appt. Scheduling: Unknown
Accepting New Patients:Y

Profile updated 21/02/14    Submit profile update    Subscribe to profile updates

Rating: 4.4 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 7 reviews. Dr. WILLIAM A. MITCHELL has a good overall rating on RateMDs.com. smile

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments
RID: 2293552
26/06/12 5 5 5 5 This last knee replacement was my 4th surgery with Dr. Mitchell and was once again successful. They included 2 shoulders and 2 total knee replacements. I have nothing but good things to say.
Insurance: CIGNA
Respond

03/05/12 SYSTEM: combined ratings from Orthopedic Surgeon listing (DID: 15820)

08/04/12 SYSTEM: First Name changed from "WILLIAM" to "WILLIAM A."
RID: 1663549
17/12/11 5 4 5 5 Dr. Mitchell recently did shoulder arthroscopic surgery on me. He is very knowledgeable and knew how to solve my shoulder problem I've had for six years. I am recovering nicely. He answered all my questions without making me feel rushed. He treated me like a friend.
Insurance: Blue Cross / Blue Shield
RID: 1653356
05/12/11 4 5 5 5 Dr Mitchell....What a great doctor. I had very bad shoulder issues that another doctor made worse. Dr. Mitchell was patient and understanding. He did a great job on my shoulder and since has operated on my sister and my step father. Thank you Dr. Mitchell. You are a great doctor and a kind man.
Insurance: Workers Comp
RID: 1035124
16/11/09 5 3 5 5 Had 2 surgeries w/Dr Mitchell. Elbow surgery August 2004, then shoulder September 2009. He was fantastic - very knowledgeable and both surgeries turned out exactly as he'd predicted (success!) Dr. Mitchell is a Pro, he takes as much time as you need so that you understand the complete process, and he makes you feel like you're his only patient. I don't recall exactly the amounts of each surgery; but it was worth every penny and I would never go to another doctor but Dr. Mitchell for orthopedic surgery!
Insurance: Harvard-Pilgrim
RID: 813311
05/03/09 4 4 5 5 Excellent - Atheltic daughter had both R & L knee ACL's repaired over 3 years, quick recovery, no complication and played Division 2 college basketball. I had major keee surgery (ACL, meniscus, as well as additional items repaired) and no complications, quick recovery. This Dr. is rated as one of the top ortho surgeons in the US... and I agree 100% with this assessment.
Insurance: Tufts
RID: 423364
02/10/07 4 4 4 5 I found this doctor to be very good/excellent. He repaired my knee with a complicated procedure that another orthopedic wouldn't touch. Great results.  Respond
RID: 50071