Rate Dr. William Kennedy Main

Dr. William Kennedy Main's Ratings

very sad and disappointed , I can't believe Dr. I trusted did this to me!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2582575].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 17, 2014

I survived 9/11, but I suffered with a lower back disc injury from it. Dr. Williams patience, care and wonderful beside manner got me through it. He thoroughly educated me on my condition and his staff is super responsive and caring. As a surgeon, his first approach was not to have surgery. He is all about offering what the best protocol is for each specific patient. Everyone handles pain differently and everyone has their own activity level- Dr. Main considers all of that to come up with a treatment plan that works for you. He does not give up on you. His bedside manner is 5 star!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2516254].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 27, 2014

It took over 10 years and some 64 spinal surgeons before I came across Dr. Main. There are no words to describe how good he is at what he does. He has literally saved my life. I had double spinal surgery on 01/24/13, lumbar laminectomy L5-S1 and anterior cervical fusion at C5-C6. I have lost hope many years ago and was sure that I would never get better. I am so happy I was wrong. I will be grateful for Dr. Main for the rest of my life :) I feel amazing.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2025054].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 21, 2013

Dr. Main as said above is an angel from God. I was incorrectly treated by a neurosurgeon in Westchester Medical Center in NY who did a discectomy and 6 months afterwards refused to acknowledge my disc re-herniated and I was becoming worse. The neurosurgeon was dismissive and black listed me from being admitted in Westchester. I went to Dr. Main who reviewed my case and decided that I definatly has a degenerative disc in the L5-S1 and told me I need a lumbar spinal fusion. I decided to get a third opinion for legal purposes in the University of Miami Hospital by Dr. Gottlieb Ortho Spine Surgeon who agreed. I had the surgery here in NY with Dr. Main in May of this year and I am almost feeling better than ever. I HIGHLY recommend any patients with back or spinal problems to this doctor.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2025053].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 11, 2012

Dr. Main is an angel from God. He is very knowledgeable, helpful, he was there for me before an after the surgery and very punctual. I highly recommend him.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2025052].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 16, 2012

I was told and almost rushed into a surgery that was not necessary by a surgeon and that lead me to Dr. Main for a second opinion. He sat with me for almost an hour on two occasions to help me understand and re-assess my options. No other words that express my feelings toward him except that HE IS THE BEST!!!!!!!! If the world were fillled with doctors like Dr. Main, we would all live to 100 years old!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2025051].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 3, 2012

BEST ORTHOPEDIC SURGEON IN NYC. wHAT A WONDERFUL, TALENTED, HUMBLE, CARING, MAN. i CAN NOT SAY ENOUGH GREAT ADJECTIVES ABOUT HIM. HE REALLY CARES AND TREATS YOU LIKE FAMILY. YOU CAN TELL HE IS NOT IN MEDICINE FOR THE MONEY HE TAKES HIS TIME WITH YOU!!!!! GOD BLESS YOU :)

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2025050].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 22, 2011

I absolutely love Dr Main!!! The previous rating is totally wrong. I don't know who you are talking about but obnoxious he isn't!! He performed my spinal anterior fusion and cervical dissectomy on 10/28/11 and I went home the next day whenever I have any questions he responds!! A great man with a good heart!! And it doesn't hurt that he's eye candy too! <3

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2025049].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 15, 2011

Could not disagree more with the previous reviews. He misdiagnosed my condition and was obnoxious about it. Fortunately for me, I got a second opinion before proceding with him. Stay away!!!

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2025048].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 14, 2011

About a month ago I went to see Dr. Main because the pain in my back was debilitating. Three weeks ago he did a laminectomy/discectomy (L4-5). Tomorrow, .....I get to use my treadmill again. Dr. Main gave me my life back. He is an amazing talented surgeon as well as an genuinely nice man. If you are contemplating surgery, you will be in good hands with him. I'm only sorry I waited until I was in tears from the pain to go see him. Should have done this years ago.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2025047].votes_count ]]