Rate Dr. Ashok Kadambi

Dr. Ashok Kadambi's Ratings

Why the f#@& is this doctor billing my insurance ridiculous amounts of money when I have never heard of him or even been to Indiana!?!?

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2596142].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 27, 2014

Love this doctor. After my experience with another endocrinologist in Fort Wayne, he is a breath of fresh air. On time, helpful and doesn't push drugs on you that you don't need. I can't recommend him enough.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2519843].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 30, 2014

I the beginning I felt that Dr. K was very good. He actually took the time to figure out what was wrong with me... he just didn't explain it very well. After I had my diagnosis, he handed me off the nurse practitioner. She does listen to me, but doesn't take my symptoms into account. I hate that you have all labs drawn there and you have to wait 1-2 weeks for results. Also, while I understand the appeal for compounded bio-identical hormones, I don't necessarily like getting my meds from a pharmacy in New York. I live 10 minutes from a compounding pharmacy and that would be cheaper and more convenient for me, not to mention the cost associated with the compounded meds. Also, one medication that he prescribed for me has to come from a specialty pharmacy. The pharmacy that is contracted with my insurance will not fill for him. So, I have not been able to take that med for over 2 months. Already scheduled an apt for a second opinion...

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2461785].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 28, 2014

I don't doubt that he knows a lot about his field, but he just seems like he's in it for the money. I felt as if I was being treated like an animal, he took almost no time to talk to me about my symptoms and did not give any factual information as to why he was prescribing what he was. It also takes an awful amount of time to get your dose adjusted since the appointments are scheduled months apart and labs must be done at his office, so then you don't get a dose adjustment until a week or after your appointment and then it also has to be sent from a specific pharmacy in new york. He to get a base he knowingly lowered my thyroid much lower than it needed to be for months, knowing that I would get the low thyroid symptoms. He just didn't seem to take my suffering into account when prescribing. It just seems like he has created different formulas to treat different subgroups of patients and doesn't really treat the true individual.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2461784].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 21, 2014

I have been a patient of Dr. Kadambi for aprx 10 years. He has been treating me for Addison's disease with great results. His prescribed treatment enables me to live a normal life. He has also done wonders with my mother's diabetes. She needed to see specialists in Indianapolis because no one in Fort Wayne was able to manage her illness. Her diabetes is under control now and she does not have to visit doctors at Indianapolis thanks to Dr. Kadambi. He accepted her as a patient and got her diabetes under control. I shared my experience with many people and one of my friends drives from Chicago to see Dr. Kadambi for her illness. She is also very pleased with results. Staff at Dr. Kadambi is very pleasant and knowledgeable. They return phone calls on time and are always available for questions. They treat me there as a patient not as a number. And most of us have been to doctors that treat people as a number. Dr. Kadambi and his staff are the best at what they do.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2025109].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 24, 2014

Was doing great when seeing Kathle Palyo, the NP that used to be there. Then Dr. Kadambi decided to cut everyone's hours & I had to start seeing him. H started cutting my thyroid med dose in 1/2 every time I went & my health & symptoms went into the toilet. I found out where the NP had gone & I go there now! He acted like he was listening but he couldn't possibly have been & let things get as bad as they did before he finally upped my dose slightly, then after that he just told me, I was fine. I was not fine & all my symptoms were back & I had gained 50 lbs!

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2025108].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 9, 2013

I started out seeing Dr Kadambi and was fairly satisfied as my hypothyroid symptoms were improving. When Sharon the nurse practitioner started they had me see her every time and things went fine for a while but noticed hair falling out more in last year and doesnt seem like she changes my treatment plan or med dose and Im beginning to want to see him again or change physicians. I need to be my own advocate and ask to schedule with Dr Kadambi again and maybe things will improve. They are great at documenting my symptoms well but I really need my hair to stop falling out and stop gaining weight, because that is just not normal.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2025107].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 16, 2013

Dr Kadambi is wonderful... I feel human again! He takes the time to explain EVERYTHING!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2025106].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 28, 2011

I actually saw Dr. Greenberg and he actually spent a lot of time with me. He was very helpful with my thyroid issues. I have felt awesome ever since!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2025105].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 6, 2010

I have been a patient since 2003, Dr K. and his staff are always friendly, helpful, and knowledgable. I have recommended the practice to many people over the years and many members of my family are also patients.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2025104].votes_count ]]