Rate Dr. Stephen B. Lichtenstein

Dr. Stephen B. Lichtenstein's Ratings

I had various complications which is why I selected Dr. Lichtenstein to do my cateract surgery. Dr. Lichtenstein took the time to explain how my complications impacted the surgery and how he could deal with these complications. He explained my options to me so that I could have an outcome that was best for me. In the end I could not have been more pleased with the outcome. I would strongly recommend Dr. Lichtenstein for anyone who needs cateract surgery.

Submitted Nov. 12, 2013 | flag

I had a difficult problem which involved complications from previous eye surgery. I saw several doctors for their recommendations. Dr. Lichtenberg understood the problem in ways the other didn't. Now I'm able to see things that I haven't been able to see in years. Thank you Dr. Lichtenstein.

Submitted Oct. 28, 2013 | flag

Dr. Lichtenstein and his office staff kept me from going blind. Another doctor did cataract surgery on my left eye. My vision was so poor that I searched for another doctor to give me a second opinion. I described my problem to the receptionist who answered the phone. She told me that my eye was an emergency and that I needed to come promptly. Soon, Dr. Lichtenstein did a second surgery and restored my vision and saved my eye using five stitches. Recently, he did cataract surgery on my right eye. I have had a problem with ataxia most of my life. Before the surgery, he suggested that the procedure might improve my ataxia which I have had nearly all of my life. I was cautiously optimistic. Indeed my vision is much better and to my surprise, so has my ataxia. I am very grateful to him and his staff for enabling me to more actively in my wonderful life.

Submitted Sept. 2, 2013 | flag

I needed cataract surgery in both eyes. Due to other eye problems which impacted on the surgery, Dr. Lichtenstein patiently spent over an hour with me on 2 separate occasions to explain the problems, answer my questions, make sure I understood everything and felt comfortable with the procedures. He was kind, considerate and explained it all in layperson's terms. He also explained about a new laser he uses that is incredibly precise. My surgery was a huge success. I no longer need glasses or contact lenses. I could not be happier!! I went from legally blind to 20/20 vision and my astigmatism was corrected. Denise, my ophthalmology technician, and Gloria, the surgery scheduler were equally kind, considerate and always helpful (no matter how many times I asked the same question). Dr. Lichtenstein demonstrated that he really cares about his patients in addition to caring for them.

Submitted Aug. 26, 2013 | flag

I had cataract surgery with Dr. Lichtenstein and he put the wrong lens in my eye probably because his staff is totally incompetent and in a big rush. They are very haphazard and don't take pre-cautions. The surgery was also a nightmare. I had to have the other eye done due to the wrong lens and went somewhere else. What a difference. In addition, Dr. Lichtenstein never told me about all the choices I have when having cataract surgery. Today I have mono-vision, which I don't want and need more surgery to correct. Dr. Lichtenstein is totally out of date and should be retired. He is not capable of the inserting any of the new lens currently available. He just wants to work with one lens - the one he knows. I actually sat up and had the surgery. The preparation was also ridiculous with the people that put drops in your eyes just making a big joke of it. It was a nightmare and I left after about 15 minutes. I would never go back! The office was always a bad experience.

Submitted Aug. 15, 2013 | flag

Good communicator and very skilled doctor with a excellent support staff

Submitted June 20, 2013 | flag

As a former hospital chaplain and mental health professional I have very high standards for health care delivery and patient care. I recently had cataract surgery on both eyes. Dr. Lichtenstein is one of the most gifted surgeons that I have ever had the privilege to meet. My surgeries were done in a manner and to a level of competence that has profoundly improved the quality of my life. This man has both the hands and the heart to care for human beings. His kind manner, unlimited patience with fears and concerns, and ability to inspire confidence and trust mark him as a true "healer". He is the real deal. I now see why folks, when refering to healed and happy eyes say, "These are Lichtenstein". My soon to be 87 year old mother and I share the same "sparkle". Her surgeries were eight years ago and it was "Dr. Mom" who made this referral possible. He is a great doc, and an even better human being. He has given me back much that is beautiful. His office staff share his graces.

Submitted Feb. 19, 2013 | flag

Dr. Lichtenstein really takes the time for you to understand the cataract procedure you are going to have and the options that you may have. The only downside to this is that some of the appointments did run late. but knowing the reason being that he is thorough with each and every patient makes this more than acceptable. I should also state that he really has a great manner with his patients, putting you at ease from the start. I really recommend him highly. In the end he hit our goal perfectly which was 20/20 in my right eye, which allowed us to go for a blended vision overall. So no more glasses or contacts for me!

Submitted Feb. 8, 2013 | flag

My cataract challenge was amplified by the fact I had two corneal transplants over 30 years ago. The corneal shape was much less than smooth following those surgeries, and it was difficult to determine the proper lens implants to be selected. They collected the data and performed the surgeries, the outcomes were all I could have hoped. Better vision than I've had for over 45 years. The staff and professionals at Opthalmic Partners were courteous, efficient, and extremely talented in both the work and the communication for my procedures.

Submitted Jan. 11, 2013 | flag

Doctor did a remarkable job. Totally satisfied with my eyes and sight.

Submitted Jan. 8, 2013 | flag