Rate Dr. Jaime M. Guerrero

Dr. Jaime M. Guerrero's Ratings

I agree with another review below, in that many of the staff members at Guerreo's office are horrendous. Not all of them are rude but the one that answers the phone every time I have called (her name may be Lisa but not sure) appears to hate her job and feel superior to patients. Lord forbid you ask the wrong question because she threatens to discharge you and accuses you of harassing her....give me a break. I was nothing but polite to her...assertive yes... as I have a right to be...and she raised her voice at me and immediately threatened to discharge me. Being a gentlemen, I refused to sink to her level but at the same time I will not allow her to ever treat me that way again. She is definitely on a power trip and appears to displace some of her own issues on patients who are just trying to understand things and ask questions that they have a right to know the answers to. Some of them seem to look down on patients and seem to feel they can be abusive to patients because they know patients need proper pain management and rely on their medications to help them live a normal life every day despite their pain. Research shows that most chronic pain patients do not abuse their medications and use them as prescribed ...so, since the majority are mostly responsible and moral patients, there is really no need to take advantage of the excessive policies this clinic has by threatening patients when they ask questions. This woman definitely does not need to be interacting with other people based on her attitude and lack of compassion. The clinic in Louisville looks 1 step away from being condemned, smells musty, and just feels dirty. Last time I was there, the bed paper had not been changed and the furniture in there looks like it is ancient and not very clean. You would think with all the money he must be making considering he only spends less than an average of two minutes with each patient ( I timed him) that he could afford a nicer office. I do think he wants to provide good care but he runs patients in and out like cattle. The fact that he always seems in a rush and runs you out in such a short time really doesn't make sense considering I have waited an average of an hour or more before I even get in an office with him. Also, I will be looking for another doctor as soon as I can afford better insrance because I feel that he is not really proactive in finding solutions outside of medications, doesn't make getting your records a priority and really doesn't explain to you your full range of treatment options. This clinic has the potential to be so much better if someone cared about patients more than do now. In my opinion, he would do himself a favor by firing everyone but the receptionist that schedules your follow up appts. (can't recall her name but she mostly welcoming and personable) , the staff that checks you in (blood pressure, etc.) and the staff member who collects the drug screens. They are the only ones that consistently make me feel like a valued patient and human being who deserves to get the good care he is paying for. There are other pain doctors in this area and luckily the new insurance I am hoping to get will give me a nice selection to choose from. Unfortunately with Kentucky HB1, patients these days don't really have the chance to try different doctors to find the one they feel the most comfortable with and the one who will provide the best care for him. The minute they see you have seen a couple different doctors in the couple of months or so, it is assumed that you are doctor shopping....If I could live with my pain untreated, it would be so much easier than all the hoops you have to jump through these days......all because of the bad apples out there that have ruined it for responsible patients that just want to live a full life despite their pain related disorders.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2534015].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 12, 2014

I am writing this for my husband. He would be afraid they would not treat him if he says anything bad. Dr. Guerrero is pretty good according to my husband, although he doesn't want to acknowlege his migraine pain. He finally prescribed something on his last visit, but Humana wouldn't pay & it cost $200 for 6 pills. Pharmacy sent e-mail to Dr. office telling them insurance will not pay. No response. I know these offices are busy, but the office staff doesn't have to treat people like drug addicts. If anyone saw my husband's back x-rays they would know he is in much pain. As for the migraines, he has been to at least 12 or 15 doctors(no exaggeration) & the Diamond Headache Clinic in Chicago. We could not afford the trips back & forth to Chicago. Once you go to a pain doctor, you are stuck. Others will not see you. I wish he could find anthor doctor, mostly because of his staff.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2323500].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 16, 2014

Front desk staff is BEYOND rude. The person that does medical record copying is a very hateful woman with a nasty attitude. She is always nasty on the phone and speaks to people like they are dogs. She needs a new job; one that doesn't have ANY public involvement or interaction. Not every person coming here is seeking to abuse drugs!!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][321509].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 10, 2014

Dr Guerrero is a very good doctor. He cares about his patients and listens to me when I have problems or questions. He tries very hard to help me with my pain problems. He monitors us very closely with urine drug screens, narcotic agreements and pill counts. I am able to work and take care of my family and my self because of him. You may have to wait a little bit to see him, but he is worth it.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][321508].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 22, 2013

He will provide good care but the staff he uses provides super poor service. If you got a couples hours to spare he's the right doctor. Don't even attempt to ask for any personal attention from his staff because they are over worked and just don't care.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][321507].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 12, 2012

I am very dissatisfied with his services. I use him for pain management, and he really puts his pain management on the bottom rung of his priority list. First off, he prescribes medications that don't have a generic form so a)the pharmacies have to order it in and b) they cost a TON more! Then he prescribed a medication that had been recalled so I couldn't get it filled, then spent the next week trying to get a similar medication all while going through bad withdrawals which made me unable to work. It takes DAYS to get in touch with anyone there and even longer to get any kind of response. This last time I had to drive out of my way to pick up NEW prescriptions to fix his mess-ups THREE times before getting anything fixed. Plus I'm paying at minimum $56 a month to see him, for this terrible service!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][321506].votes_count ]]