Dr. Douglas A. Dobecki

Grad. Year: 2001

Answers Email: Unknown
Online Appt. Scheduling: Unknown
Accepting New Patients:Y

Rating: 4.4 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 5 reviews. Dr. Douglas A. Dobecki has a good overall rating on RateMDs.com. smile

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

Anesthesiologist-related: pain relief for surgery, anesthesia
The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments

14/07/14 SYSTEM: 'birds of a feather' score (based on Medicare patients-in-common): 3.2
RID: 3647087
03/01/14 1 4 4 5 Dr. Dobecki is a great doctor, but his staff is horrible about returning calls and helping to get procedures done in a timely manner. You have to make several follow up calls to get anything done. If you want something done, you really have to stay on them or you will just continue to suffer. They seem to be overwhelmed with work/patients and it is only a matter of time until I will have to switch again due to the slow service and them being inundated with patients. It takes months to get procedures set up and rarely will you get a returned phone call the same day.
Insurance: Aetna
Respond

21/10/13 SYSTEM: First Name changed from "Douglas" to "Douglas A."
RID: 2665194
29/05/13 5 3 5 5 I found Dr. Dobecki very knowledgeable and helpful. I had already tried physical therapy for my neck pain so went with the intention of receiving epidural injections. He didn't try to force me into them - actually told me the risks and benefits and said if I needed more time to think about it to wait and just give him a call if/when I was ready. I ended up getting two injections over a several month period and he actually suggested waiting before receiving a third after I had a flare-up. I also liked that when told him I was going to start getting acupuncture and he didn't badmouth eastern medicine and said it can benefit some people. Overall seemed caring and made sure all my questions were answered. Sometimes he ran late but not ridiculously so.
Insurance: CIGNA
RID: 2537746
21/01/13 5 4 5 5 I've been going to Dr Dobecki almost 3 years for pain management, and I think he's a great provider to have on my team. He has treated me with nothing but respect, and always let's me be apart of my treatment plan. He has never forgotten my difficult to pronounce name and he has excellent bedside manners. I have followed him to his new office move in Sorrento Valley. Everyone has different experiences, but my experience with him has been exceptional and I have had surgeries, disabiliy claims, leave of absences from work that he has supported.I have never been over charged or suspected anything dishonest. I trust his professional examinations and his current staff at Coastal Pain. He has always made time to return my calls within reasonable time. Also the drug/urine testing has grown on me knowning Dr Dobecki is just complying with regulations. That makes me trust him more! And if I'm doing what I'm supposed to do, there's no issues! He's a wonderful doctor, give him an opportunity!
Insurance: Anthem
RID: 1567002
21/10/11 2 1 3 3 DR needs bedside manner training. he sees dollar signs when he sees you, that is only needle time, where he wont even say hello until, you speak to him, been a patient for 1yr. not anymore. also forgot my name while doing my procedure. only seen him 4 times, in 1yr, 2 office visits. they sent me to his PA every month for follo-up, and medication. never see him. staff accused me of missing appt. charged my 25.00. told me of 1 morning at 9am saying that i wont be seen because i had an 8am appt. which was wrong. the woman was very combative, had me in tears. finally said they said they confused mw with someone else, then gave me a starbucks gift card for 5.00. DR doesnt care, great guy to talk to upon meeting him after that he only does needles. not patients. Dont go to him. Or also kept charging for services not given
Insurance: Tricare
See Responses
RID: 1468853
21/06/11 5 4 4 5 dr, is good, sometimes he is hard to get hold of. staff is friendly. makes you take urine tests upon appts. dont like that makes you feel that they dont trust you. otherwise meds easy to get, pain under control. i trust him
Insurance: Tricare