Rate Dr. Manish K. Aghi

Dr. Manish K. Aghi's Ratings

We had a horrible experience with Dr. Aghi. It wasn't our choice to have our patient treated at UCSF, and our initial visit with him was decent. It was after our second surgery, that we learned how deceptive he was. After being lied to over the phone, about our patient's surgery, (no reason to sugarcoat) because in just a couple days, he contradicted himself by telling us horrific news that our patient wouldn't make it. Just very deceptive. After speaking with one family member, he was asked to not talk to any of the family, as he wanted to compose himself and share the news. He took it upon himself to tell anyway. Words cannot explain the betrayal we felt, on top of our experience with another doctor on the team. Our best experience was after and our patient was able to spend the next couple days in UCSF palliative care until coming home for hospice care. We have a special place in our hearts for the palliative care, social workers, and nurses from UCSF along our journey.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2323766].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 11, 2014

Dr. Aghi saw me in the ER while visiting my daughters family. I was experiencing massive head pain that I had been living with for 6 months. I was misdiagnosed by my home doctor, and Dr. Aghi swiftly realized the error and promptly admitted me where he consulted with a team of experts and took immediate action to return my life back to me. I am very greatful for his knowledge and expertise and his genuine concern for me. The team was able to "fix" me in 48 hours when my own neurologist at home only compounded the problem over the space of 6 months. I was a mess and quite the puzzle to put back together but they were determined to help me...I thank him and his team!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][321901].votes_count ]]