Dr. John A. White

Grad. Year: 1980

Answers Email: Unknown
Online Appt. Scheduling: Y
Accepting New Patients:Y

Rating: 4.8 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 21 reviews. Dr. John A. White has an excellent overall rating on RateMDs.com. smile

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

Q: Does Dr. White accept Medicaid insurance?    Email me    Answer it    See answers

The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments

27/06/14 SYSTEM: 'birds of a feather' score (based on Medicare patients-in-common): 4.5
RID: 5501649
30/05/14 5 5 5 5 Dr. White ranks at the top of a lifetime of doctors I've had. He is a flawless physician; highly intelligent and competent. He is also terribly nice and caring, which is reflected in his staff. I had my first child late in life and he made it a breeze. I would trust him with any health issue and not fear it, because of all that I've stated above.
Insurance: HealthFirst
RID: 5430903
28/04/14 5 5 5 5 Dr. White is a very nice & personable gentleman. He was very interested in my concerns & I felt comfortable in his care. I look 4ward 2 being his patient in the future.
RID: 5220323
04/03/14 5 4 1 1 After supposedly removing my uterus and right ovary, 5 weeks later I learn I have cysts on BOTH ovaries. Dr. white refused to look at CT scans, later the CT report was amended and I was told by my regular Dr it was an abscess not an ovary on the right. Once he collected insurance payment for surgery he was not helpful at all. He still refuses to release my medical records so I still have no idea what is going on with my health. Be careful if this is your OB , run if you can.  Respond
RID: 3621102
29/11/13 4 5 5 5 I have been going to Dr White since 1984. I had already had my children so I didn't use the OB end of Dr. Whites practice, (which I sure wish I could have). I absolutely adore Dr White as a doctor and a person in that he has such a calm demeanor, patience and knowledge I could not imagine finding another like him. I refer, (and have all these years) many friends and family to him with all of them coming back with same wonderful reviews. I have heard doctor's push hysterectomy's on women (for the money) which with my experience with Dr. White, worked with me for years to help to prevent such an outcome. Once determined I actually had no other option, I could not imagine any other treating me with such respect and concern as Dr. White did. The nurses (at the hospital) had nothing but great things to say about him as well. I feel very safe with him and reassured you can count on him to take personal care through each visit.
RID: 2661129
23/05/13 4 5 5 5 Dr. White is great, you feel like you are truly being cared after. He was the only Dr who would see me early or do testing for my fertility troubles at that stage. I told myself i think i met the man who i want to deliver by child and in 12 weeks he will be delivering my son. He is a great dr and would not change, glad i found him.
RID: 2618870
16/04/13 5 5 5 5 We just moved to the Daytona area and i was in search of a good gynocologist. looking on the web i found Dr. White and was quite impressed with the reviews i read. I was left dumbfounded with my visit to Dr. White's office. He's just so amazing! He was so gentle, professional, and caring! He asked me about my whole family and took interest of me. I was indeed shocked. His staff and nurse were so polite and professional. The visit ended with a one on one meeting in his office where he shared his thoughts of the labs i needed. im very pleased to have found him on my first try. Dr. White is my doctor from here on!!!
RID: 2547424
31/01/13 5 5 5 5 I have been going to Dr White for 26 years and now he is going to deliver my first grandchild. There is not a better Ob/Gyn out there. He is kind, caring, personable, attentive and interested in anything I have to say. If I could give a higher rating than 5 I would
RID: 2477908
19/11/12 5 5 5 5 Dr White is always very helpful and informative. He always talks me through each procedure and is very comforting and reassuring. I feel cared for and safe when in his office. The staff as well as himself are very friendly and comforting.
Respond

08/04/12 SYSTEM: First Name changed from "John" to "John A."
RID: 1565611
19/10/11 5 5 5 5 Every question I have no matter how silly is treated with respect. They do not treat me inferior and Dr. White always takes the time to explain things.They have great bedside manner. I highly recommend using him and his staff. They are willing to go over and beyond for you!
RID: 1513517
16/08/11 5 5 5 5 Excellent, wouldn't go to anyone else. C Section went so smoothly we couldn't believe it..both OB and Surgeon-excellent.
RID: 1478456
03/07/11 5 5 5 5 I think he is the best OB I ever had. Would recommend him to anyone needs the OBGYN and I made the right decision when I switched from other OB and has Dr.White as my OB.
RID: 1351801
01/02/11 5 5 5 5 Dr White is the absolute BEST - I love him. I would have another baby just because he is soooo good. He truly CARES his staff is wonderful!!! Excellent Doctor/Very knowledgeable
Insurance: Aetna
RID: 1273299
17/10/10 5 5 5 5 I cannot wait to have my next child to go back...He was awesome! I always felt safe.
RID: 1269472
11/10/10 5 5 5 5 We were very please with Dr.White. He was referred to us by 3 of our friends that had went to over the years. Just by talking with him you can tell he is sincere and has a passion for what he does. The staff was great other then one office lady thats needs to look at you when speaking and put on a smile. I am glad that he is our doctor.  Respond
RID: 890534
18/05/09 5 4 5 5 He is a fabulous Dr. with a great "bedside" manner. He's the only doctor I know who still takes you to his office after the appointment to go over things and answer any questions you might have. Just a very very personable Dr. I'd recommend him to anyone.  Respond
RID: 661271
10/08/08 5 5 5 5 Dr. White delivered my first child as needed via c-section, and is getting ready to deliver my second via VBAC as long as I continue to be a good candidate for that option. Couldn't ask for a better doctor. I'm terrified of childbirth and Dr. White's calm and supportive demeanor puts me at ease, as well as his obvious skill and knowledge. I can't imagine sharing the experience with any other doctor. Unlike many delivery doctors, he is extremely supportive of his patient's needs and does not try to force his patients into c-sections or inducing for his own convenience. He gives outstanding advice, and lets you decide what option to take. I refer everyone to him, and he was recommended to me over and over again. There should be more doctors who care about women and children the way that Dr. White does!!
RID: 329970
27/05/07 5 5 5 I'm one of his first 10 patients when he started practice here in Daytona 1982. He's the only one I'll go to, even if my insurance should change, he is very competent, compassionate, friendly, family oriented, and has a geniune interest in what's going on in your home life. I have recommended him to many people over the years and trust him completely. I've even seen him outside the office with his family and he brings them over and introduces everyone to all. What a friend I have made throughout these years as we are growing old together, ha, I was only 24 when I first went to him and now I'm going to be 50 this year! Can't say enough good things about this wonderful doctor!
Paid (or co-pay): $30
RID: 221724
21/03/07 4 5 5 Dr. White is very competent and compassionate. He always takes time to talk with patients after appontments, is very easy to talk with and remains interested in babies he delivered even years after the fact.
Paid (or co-pay): $1000
RID: 130828
07/02/07 4 5 5 Makes you feel very comfortable. Very Knowledgeable..listens to all your ailments.Have been going to him for over 10 years...Would never go to anyone else...I always refer others to him and no one is ever disappointed...Love the man..There should be more doctors like him. He really cares about ALL his patients.  Respond
RID: 50622
16/10/06 5 5 5 My wife and I couldn't have been any more comfortable. He takes the time to make sure that all your questions and concerns are discussed before you leave the office. He also responds to emergency phone calls in a matter of minutes.
Paid (or co-pay): $3000
RID: 45302
14/09/06 5 5 5 Been going to him for years. Always kind, helpful, informative. NEVER rushed.  Respond