Dr. Maha M. Ammar

Website: hasbrochildrenshosp... External Link
Practice: Maha M. Ammar
Hospital:
Phone:401-737-9240
Med. School:Univ Of Cairo, Fac Of Med, Cairo, Egypt (330-02 Prior 1/71)
Grad. Year: 1975

Answers Email: N
Online Appt. Scheduling: N
Accepting New Patients:Y

Rating: 3.3 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 7 reviews. Dr. Maha M. Ammar has a fair overall rating on RateMDs.com. neutral

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments

20/10/13 SYSTEM: First Name changed from "Maha" to "Maha M."
RID: 1101203
09/02/10 5 4 5 5 My children have been going to this office for many years. My children love going to the doctors because they know they will be in good hands. Even when they are sick they will say I want to go to the doctors knowing they will get better. My son had meningitis and I rec'd several calls for the status of his condition even though I wasn't contacting the office for help. Excellent, excellent staff.
Insurance: CIGNA
RID: 899918
29/05/09 4 5 5 5 excellent, very attentive, always been acurate in the children's sickenesses.
Insurance: CIGNA
Paid (or co-pay): $20
RID: 656756
05/08/08 4 3 4 4 Always found Dr. Ammar to be friendly and soft-spoken. She has a gentle manner with children, which sets my child at ease.
Insurance: Blue Cross / Blue Shield
RID: 448740
23/11/07 5 5 5 5 OUR 4 CHILDREN HAVE BEEN WITH DR AMMAR SINCE THEY WERE INFANTS - AGES 15 TO 6. WE WOULD NOT TRUST THEIR HEALTH TO ANY OTHER PEDI. SHE HAS BEEN CAREING, ACCURATE IN HER DIAGNOSIS AND THOROUGH IN HER TREATMENT.
Insurance: United Healthcare
RID: 53232
29/10/06 1 1 2 No personality.Uncaring. Known to make new mothers feel guilty to not buying the absolute most expensive formula on earth. Office staff is extremely rude. Medical assistant yelled at my daughter when she did not understand the vision test & yanked her glasses off her little head. Have not been there since.  Respond
RID: 37813
26/07/06 1 1 1 I took my daughter there for her annual physical exam when she was 12. She called my daughter "obese". Four years later, a different doctor confirmed my suspicion that my daughter was suffering from anorexia. I'm not blaming Dr. Ammar for my daughter's problems, but a little more tact, when dealing with young girls, would probably been helpful in her earlier years. I would not recommend her for any child.
Insurance: United Healthcare
RID: 22389
06/02/06 1 2 1 Office staff are rude and unprofessional. I had called CVS to have a prescription filled that still had 1 refill left. CVS called the next day and explained it was a name brand and they called the Dr's office to get a approval. CVS was told that my son was not a patient anymore and they would not approve the prescription. This is a maintenance drug for his allergies and asthma that they prescribed many times. There is no reason why the Dr. would not approve it. Meanwhile he is without his medication, I am waiting for an explanation. A neighbor's son also was misdiagnosed, they are considering a law suit. In my opinion, I would stay away from this practice.  Respond