Dr. Valerie Swift

Rate Dr. Valerie Swift

Dr. Valerie Swift's Ratings

I had to post when I saw a negative comment. I nearly fell over. Dr. Swift has been my Doctor for 25yrs this month. She is amazing. So kind and caring and willing to go the extra mile. After a bad car accident in 1991 and other serious issues which are ongoing, she kept me going! I truly, truly don't know where I would be without her. She referred me to anyone who could possibly help. She has improved my quality of life so very much that I can't even think of an appropriate adjective. She was there for the birth of my son and is still his Doctor..And my grandaughters. We all drive approx an hour to see her. I have never heard her talk about personal issues to staff in all these years. I actually feel personally insulted. And always in such a wonderful mood. And with Bonnie who always keeps me informed...what a team! and what professional care! I feel that I wouldn't be doing as well as I am without them. Thank you Dr. Swift!! And you too Bonnie!!

Submitted March 24, 2011 | flag

I've been a pt of Dr. Swift for 15 years, and she has always been thorough, professional and compassionate. She's busy, but I appreciate that she takes time with me to do a thorough job, and I don't mind waiting a bit, knowing that she is giving her full attention to another pt that needs her assistance. Terrific doctor--the negative comments dwell on characteristics I have never seen in evidence.

Submitted Nov. 24, 2010 | flag

Is often kept in the room waiting while she takes about personal life with staff for long periods of time (45 minutes). Dr. Swift is moody, and makes me feel that I need to tip toe around her. If I say something, she cuts me off and corrects me. My kids like her, but then again....they like everyone. I've made the decision to switch doctors, but she is makeing it difficult for me and my family. I think she should just drop her Fam. practice, and focus on her Diet Clinic; as this appears to be her #1 focus and cash cow!

Submitted July 24, 2010 | flag

I took my 96 yr old mother to Urgent Care and we were fortunate to see Dr. Swift. She thought Mom's meds should be changed but she said she wouldn't do it until she knew she could do it safely by having blood work, x-ray, etc. I was very impressed. Try to get a doctor to really care for someone in their 90's...but Dr. Swift did. Thanks Dr. Swift!

Submitted April 28, 2010 | flag

NEVER EVER EVER AVAILABLE - She is WAY to overbooked and has TOO much on her plate. Skip this MD

Submitted April 7, 2010 | flag

I have been with Dr. Swift for close to 20 years now and have always found her compassionate, caring and knowledgeable. My husband switched to her about 8 years ago and he likes her as well. And when our daughter was born, well it goes without saying that she took her on as well. I unfortunately lost 2 boys prematurely and she was absolutely outstanding in her care of me, calling me at home, after office hours to find out how I was. Bonnie is great too and my daughter LOVES chatting with her. My only complaint is it's very difficult to get in to see her quickly, and when we do get there, she's always running late (unless it's the first appt of the day). Part of this may be due to the fact that she's reduced her patient days to 3 days a week :O(. Keep up the great work Val & Bonnie!

Submitted Jan. 9, 2010 | flag

I have been with Dr. Swift for a number of years and only see her once a year for my physical...she is always friendly and takes the time to answer my questions. I do find that she books too many appointments and is often harder to get an appointment with. I am due to have my first baby in a fews weeks, so we'll see how that goes. Overall - I think she is a great doctor!

Submitted Jan. 7, 2010 | flag

Dr. Swift is a very compassionate and helpful family doctor. She takes the time to answer my questions and has reassured me about treatment procedures I've had making me feel more at ease. I feel lucky to have her.

Submitted Dec. 14, 2009 | flag

While, I was a pt. of Dr. Swifts 8 years ago now. I have moved away. I will be going into a trial soon that was not my fault, as I was in an accident and hit. She, who was my dr. is going to be testifying against me. That shows you right there what kind of Dr. she is, as what could she possibly say bad about me, as I was the one who went to her for help when I lived in Courtice, and did not expect her to go against me when I need her, as she was my physician. that just goes to show you, that if you are offered alot of money to do something for someone else, that you will do it because you think of only your self and forgot what the reason was that you got into medicine to begin with. I thought it was to help people, not try and destroy them further. Thanks Dr. Swift!

Submitted Nov. 10, 2009 | flag

Dr. Swift was not compassionate towards me at all. I left her office crying and I never want to go back to her again. I am going to be switching doctors as soon as possible, because she is not the type of medical professional I want looking after me.

Submitted Jan. 8, 2009 | flag