Dr. Dan B. Thistlethwaite

Dr. Dan B. Thistlethwaite

Rate Dr. Dan B. Thistlethwaite

Dr. Dan B. Thistlethwaite's Ratings

I was referred to Dr.Dan by my therapist after years of just not 'connecting' with my previous psychiatrist. I wouldn't trade Dr. Dan for any other psychiatrist in the area. Even though my commute to see him is well over 100 miles, and there are plenty of other doctors available, he is my pick! He LISTENS - words, body language, every way. Today he noticed my face was very flushed and immediately checked my blood pressure. He didn't have a nurse come do it, he took the time and did it himself. I have never been as comfortable with ANY doctor than I am with Dr. Dan. Thank God I was referred to this doctor. :)

Submitted May 7, 2014 | flag

Dr. Thistlewaite has seen my granddaughter for over a year and she has made tremendous progress. He is very thorough and caring. He is the first psyhiatrist who has actually entered into conversations with my granddaughter. He sees her for ADHD ODD. I thik he really cares about his patients' welfare. I would highly recommend him to anyone for psychiatric treatment.

Submitted Aug. 20, 2013 | flag

My son saw Dr. Dan back when he was 10 or 11 years old. I believe Dr. Dan may still have been a student or doing his residency. My son liked him as well as a middle school boy likes any psychiatrist...He seemed very knowledgable and was helpful.

Submitted Jan. 10, 2013 | flag

As a medical professional myself who suffered a horrible bout of postpartum depression 14 years ago, Dr Dan was truly a life-saver for me. He is knowledgable, compassionate, caring & persistent in giving you the best care and outcome possible. I have continued to see him annually since then just for " check-ups." He is the best in the business as far as I am concerned and I have referred countless numbers of my own patients to him for care. A+++++ I wouldn't go anywhere else!

Submitted Jan. 9, 2013 | flag

Dr. Thistlethwaite is compassionate, knowledgeable and professinal. He is easy to talk to, listens to what I say and asks questions to make sure he understands what I am trying to say to him. He then tells me what he thinks about the situation and recommends treatment. If he prescribes a medication he tells me what to expecte, how long it will be until I see a result and what side effects I may see .I find it easy to ask questions. The treatments he has recommended have been very effective. I feel he is a credit to his profession and am pleased he is my psychiatrist

Submitted Nov. 17, 2012 | flag

DR. Dan is the compassionate physician that I've been involved with. When I'm in appointment he truly listens to you, I never feel rushed. I have no psychiatric insurance so he since day one ha been providing me with my medication cybalta. There would be no way to afford being unemployed. I feel very comfortable talking with him over the past three years. Thank you Zdr. Dan. Np

Submitted July 11, 2012 | flag

With over 20 years of problems, Dr. Dan is the FIRST one to actually listen to me. He has prescribed meds. that have worked and explains how they work. I went in for a 5 minute med check and he actually spent 25 minutes talking with me, (not at me). I would encourage anyone to go to him. You will not regret it. The staff is always friendly, I never wait for more than 5 minutes. If you want a nice, considerant and knowledgeable Dr., he is the one to see. Not to mention (again) that he will listen, not write and listen, just listen and talk with you.

Submitted Sept. 25, 2011 | flag

Dr. Dan has always been there for me. He has been a very big help to me when things were going so wrong. I would recommend him as a doctor to anyone.

Submitted Sept. 6, 2011 | flag

Thorough,knowledgeable,VERYpunctual. Have referred several folks to him over the years that I have gone to him.

Submitted Feb. 28, 2011 | flag

Having been a patient for over 14 years, Dr. Dan is honest, talks with you instead of at you, allows you to participate in your own health care, keeps up with current knowlegde, and has helped me keep my head above water for the most part the past 14 years. He listened to boss's voice mails from work and told me that was a sick workplace and get out of their. I kept trying but was not successful and was forced to retire on disability. Dr. Dan is super, a good people person. My respect has grown. His brother Timothy is more scholarly. The partner Russ Voltin is exactly the opposite of Dan Thistlethwaite, I would like take my cat to Voltin the less than magnifent, but I trust my life in the hands of Daniel Bruce Thistletwaite. His staff is very friendly and helpful. I have been able to get in to see a nurse in an emergency. Dr. Dan's workload of helping people is so heavy, he had to quit hospital visits. He works with your doctors and is very intelligent about medicines. A+++++

Submitted April 12, 2010 | flag